Trans athletes (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazybones

Reaction score
    Should a man who changed himself to a woman be able to compete with ACTUAL woman in sporting competitions?

I searched and couldn’t find where a woman became a man and starting winning at any sport (I may be wrong)

At some point will there be a trans competition at the Olympics?

I just want to point out, because I havent seen it mentioned yet - "unfairness" works the othercway as well if you insist on people competing accordingvto their chromosones.

There was that wrestler from Texas who wanted to compete as male but the district or state would not allow becquse he was born a girl. But he hadd transition therapy and looked like a young man.

That's the thing - competing female athletes are the ones who get screwed.

I just want to point out, because I havent seen it mentioned yet - "unfairness" works the othercway as well if you insist on people competing accordingvto their chromosones.

There was that wrestler from Texas who wanted to compete as male but the district or state would not allow becquse he was born a girl. But he hadd transition therapy and looked like a young man.
    In that particular situation, what was unfair was that school/athletics officials allowed a person pumped full of testosterone to compete against individuals who are not allowed to pump themselves full of testosterone.

The irony, of course, is that this individual wants to look like a man, but doesn't act like one. I get 1-2 matches to prove a point, but 2 State championships?

Last edited:
    Moving into uncharted territory, and probably going to far into it, full equality would mean removing the male/female classes in competitive events completely. I could see this implemented by using a weight class system similar to boxing/wrestling. Will actually be interesting to see where this all leads one day.

from an mma perspective, a 125lb man has WAY more strength than a 125lb female.

from an mma perspective, a 125lb man has WAY more strength than a 125lb female.
    Yep. Strength differences, bone density, reflexes, lung capacity, the list goes on.

Which are all effected by hormones, correct? I mean, it all arguably gave Fallon Fox an advantage, even after several years of being on testosterone reduction meds (or whatever the treatment required to transition is). but she really wasn't able to capitalize on it.

Even in terms of male athletes, advantages are either overstated or not as impactful as we might normally think.

Matt Ryan is superior to Tom Brady in virtually every physical metric. But he has never been able to leverage that advantage into a better performance.

Oscar Pistorius was tested clinically and was determined to have an advantage over able bodied runners in terms of joint impact and fatigue, even though we all can objectively agree that not having the bottom part of your legs is probably not advantageous in the foot race arena.

No one on God's green earth thought that Boise State could compete with the power five conferences. It's not a fair game. But they did, and very well.

I'm not directly advocating for the world to go to a genderless competition process here, but philosophically speaking, I think it's an interesting but maybe not 100% feasible solution to the issue.

Which are all effected by hormones, correct? I mean, it all arguably gave Fallon Fox an advantage, even after several years of being on testosterone reduction meds (or whatever the treatment required to transition is). but she really wasn't able to capitalize on it.

Even in terms of male athletes, advantages are either overstated or not as impactful as we might normally think.

Matt Ryan is superior to Tom Brady in virtually every physical metric. But he has never been able to leverage that advantage into a better performance.

Oscar Pistorius was tested clinically and was determined to have an advantage over able bodied runners in terms of joint impact and fatigue, even though we all can objectively agree that not having the bottom part of your legs is probably not advantageous in the foot race arena.

No one on God's green earth thought that Boise State could compete with the power five conferences. It's not a fair game. But they did, and very well.

I'm not directly advocating for the world to go to a genderless competition process here, but philosophically speaking, I think it's an interesting but maybe not 100% feasible solution to the issue.

I would disagree with Fallon fox. She is 5-1 and dominated in her wins. She had cardio issues in the fight she lost. No one that I follow or communicate with in the mma community wants Fallon fox competing with woman.

I would disagree with Fallon fox. She is 5-1 and dominated in her wins. She had cardio issues in the fight she lost. No one that I follow or communicate with in the mma community wants Fallon fox competing with woman.
    Understood. My point was that she should have been early career Mike Tyson-like with her advantages, but wasn't, unless I'm too severely downplaying her dominance in those five wins. And that I'm pretty sure some lady out there would have eventually been her Buster Douglas.

You can find examples to make arguments either way...

Fallon Fox lost a match. Go look at what Ashlee Evans-Smith looks like. And it may be that she can't capitalize on it because promoters just don't want to sign Fox to fights.

Matt Ryan may be superior to Tom Brady in every physical metric, but in reality, they are not that far apart. Their team situations have been substantially different too.

No, we can't objectively agree that not having the bottom part of your legs is probably not advantageous in a foot race when you have state of the art prosthetics attached to your legs that work better than natural feet.

Boise State? Because the beat a bad FSU? Which other big boys do they play against?

There is nothing interesting, philosophically speaking or otherwise, in genderless competition, because in the end, the people who get trampled on are the ones born with ovaries and female ids.

Title IX wasn't that long ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom