Time to bring down the roof on Joe Manchin (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

jbander

Reaction score
    What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.

100.00 first time, dropped entirely for a reasonable excuse of course. 2nd time and above the penalty will increase considerably but open to absolutely anything that protects the law requiring people to vote. This voting law alone rids us of the hate group the right calls a party and it is 1/100 as offensive as the 300 bills the right has put together across the nation to take away votes of Democrats. The right can no longer exist in a democracy so they will do anything at all to stay in power, that includes anything to take away the votes of Democrats and anyway at all to turn around election for any reason, of course that reason will be if Dems win. their attempt to bring down our country and democracy to force in a piece of shirt for a dictator. they are scum and have to be disposed of.

Fork that shirt. If someone doesn't want to vote, then that's their choice. If we ever become forced or coerced into doing something for the government outside of taxes and maybe public health, I'm moving to Korea with my wife.

So, by making citizen required to vote, you are essentially saying the left cant survive in a federal republic, so we need to tear down everything to ensure the left victory.

Very common take on the left. You are in good company.

So, by making citizen required to vote, you are essentially saying the left cant survive in a federal republic, so we need to tear down everything to ensure the left victory.

By restricting access to the ballot box, the right is saying that they can't survive if more eligible voters have access to the ballot box. Would you say this statement is accurate?

By restricting access to the ballot box, the right is saying that they can't survive if more eligible voters have access to the ballot box. Would you say this statement is accurate?

Imo, make voting as accessible as possible without requiring or coercing them to vote. Personally, I'd love to be able to vote by mail or internet. As long as it's secure, I'm down with it.

Imo, make voting as accessible as possible without requiring or coercing them to vote. Personally, I'd love to be able to vote by mail or internet. As long as it's secure, I'm down with it.

I completely agree. Hell, I would take American Idol-style voting by phone if it was accurate and secure.

I much prefer the carrot to the stick. I might be in favor of tax credits for voting, but never coercion to vote! The biggest problem with credits is that we still have unequal access, particularly in red states, so this would result in more wealthy districts getting more credits. Perhaps we should only allow the credit to citizens of states that meet a minimum threshold of voters, so that it incentivizes states to make voting easier, and would even incentivize citizens to help other citizens vote. It would also put some pressure on people to vote, but that pressure will come from other citizens, not the government.

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.
    To get rid of the hate group the right calls a party , I'm willing to do anything.

anyone at all follow this goof ball. Logic isn't his friend.

This will not work , The right know it can no longer exist in a democracy. They have decided they will do anything to stay in power , Including the distruction of our country, Demacracy and values and force in a piece of shirt for a dictator 1/6 and do anything to win in hate party states. Taking away votes of American that don't agree with them and litterally giving the courts the ability to turnover any election without needing a reason even. The hate party are low lives that have to go. Election laws are made in the states. There has to be a federal law to stop this hate Nazi practice.

This will not work , The right know it can no longer exist in a democracy. They have decided they will do anything to stay in power , Including the distruction of our country, Demacracy and values and force in a piece of shirt for a dictator 1/6 and do anything to win in hate party states. Taking away votes of American that don't agree with them and litterally giving the courts the ability to turnover any election without needing a reason even. The hate party are low lives that have to go. Election laws are made in the states. There has to be a federal law to stop this hate Nazi practice.

Well, thankfully, all that isn't up to you.

Have some patience and see how this plays out would be my advice.

We don't have time for patience. Being patient and playing nice is what got us into this position to begin with.

Good thing our government is set up as true democracy.
    If the dems get rid of the buster it will come back to bite them.

So you admit that Republican legislation is designed solely to "own the libs."

If they had enough votes to get rid of the filibuster they wouldn't need to get rid of it.

False. Ending the filibuster only requires a simple majority, not a super-majority.

Holy strawman, Batman.

False. Ending the filibuster only requires a simple majority, not a super-majority.

Correct, but they don’t have 50 votes to end the filibuster.

If they had 50+1 right now, they could get most of what they wanted done, and wouldn’t be wasting time talking about ending the filibuster.

I doubt they even have 45 votes for ending the filibuster.

Can't blame Manchin for being an elected Democrat in West Virginia.. your option was him or a republican-controlled senate, one seems worse than the other to me.
    Correct, but they don’t have 50 votes to end the filibuster.

If they had 50+1 right now, they could get most of what they wanted done, and wouldn’t be wasting time talking about ending the filibuster.

I doubt they even have 45 votes for ending the filibuster.
    The filibuster crap is the dumbest shirt man.. no chance of them having the votes to outright remove it and if it did pass it it would 100% come back to bite the Democrats in the arse.. ending the filibuster doesn't help the Democrats and I fail to see how major legislation being passed and then undone every 4 years or so as power seesaws back and forth between the parties will be an improvement upon the current situation.

Can't blame Manchin for being an elected Democrat in West Virginia.. your option was him or a republican-controlled senate, one seems worse than the other to me.
    The filibuster crap is the dumbest shirt man.. no chance of them having the votes to outright remove it and if it did pass it it would 100% come back to bite the Democrats in the arse.. ending the filibuster doesn't help the Democrats and I fail to see how major legislation being passed and then undone every 4 years or so as power seesaws back and forth between the parties will be an improvement upon the current situation.
    The republicans have to go, they can no longer exist in a democracy and they know it, so they have decided to absolutely do anything to stay in power , including bringing down our government, installing a dictator ,taking away votes of Americans and allow courts to overturn elections without a reason, just because they lose. 300 anti American bills across the country to take away the votes of Democrat by this hate group.

This is true that getting rid of the filibuster would come back to bite democrats, because democrats could pass voting rights legislation, and then the next time Republicans gain control of the Senate and presidency, they can repeal the law with 50 votes. The filibuster should only apply to unpopular legislation. If the House can pass a bill with a supermajority, the Senate should be legally bound to vote on it. The voting rights act that passed the House is probably a good law, but it is too expansive.

I think Democrats should pass small pieces of legislation that could be easily defended. Slow and easy wins the race. Chip away at the apple until we've eaten the apple.

couldn’t we do it the way the GOP would do it?

Remove the filibuster pass the agenda and if the Democrats lose majority have the lame ducks put the 60 vote threshold back before the new congress is sworn in

DC3E4104-2BE0-4911-86A3-2074C046DA9E.png

ouch

Guys, there aren’t fifty votes to get rid of the filibuster. Or even 49 or probably even 45. It isn’t happening at this point in time.

If things go the way it looks like they will go at some point the rest of the Democrats will probably agree to amend the filibuster.

In the meantime it isn’t wise to dump all over Manchin as if he’s the only one blocking the removal. He could very easily start caucusing with the Republicans and you can then start dealing with Senate Majority Leader McConnell again.

Guys, there aren’t fifty votes to get rid of the filibuster. Or even 49 or probably even 45. It isn’t happening at this point in time.

If things go the way it looks like they will go at some point the rest of the Democrats will probably agree to amend the filibuster.

In the meantime it isn’t wise to dump all over Manchin as if he’s the only one blocking the removal. He could very easily start caucusing with the Republicans and you can then start dealing with Senate Majority Leader McConnell again.

Indeed, there's a balancing act. Alienating Manchin will mean ceding the Senate agenda to the Republicans. Not a good idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom