Time to bring down the roof on Joe Manchin (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

jbander

Reaction score
    What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.

Indeed, there's a balancing act. Alienating Manchin will mean ceding the Senate agenda to the Republicans. Not a good idea.
    Unfortunately they like war and spending too.

You keep regurgitating the same crap over and over, somehow expecting that it will change the math. Good luck with all of that, but you'll forever be disappointed.
    Can't be disappointed. There is only one job for a American patriot and that is to get rid of this traitor group that will destroy us if we allow them to. The hate group the right calls a party has to go to save our democracy. They are this countries biggest threat and enemy. So my battle is a God sent battle fighting hate, bigotry ,cruelty,ignorance and the lie. This group that are traitors to their country. Pond scum basically.

The filibuster is ant democracy it should go , you pick whats important and play hardball with your people who don't support the party position.
    If you eliminate the filibuster, Dems might want to make sure they retain control of both House and Senate, for the foreseeable future, because McConnell has already said what he'd and any House GOP majority would do to eliminate liberal, progressive causes like de-funding Planned Parenthood and withholding money from "sanctuary cities" where undocumented migrant workers can't be arrested, detained, or deported.

What he represents is bad for this country, destruction of voter rights of democrats. 300 bills across this country to take away votes of democrats, just more of the same anti American attacks on this country. We need to dump the filibuster and pass the bills that got Biden elected and we need a voter rights bill that stop's the rights destruction of voter rights in this country. His main position is being head of Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee , tell him they he will lose that position and that democrats will go after coal production like it is the plague. He will give in and his crap will come to a end. Screw him he is bad for this country, claiming to be a democrat doesn't make it ,when we have issues like this that have to be responded to.
    I disagree. Though I too am frustrated with Manchin, everything I've read and heard about him points to the idea that he is a true believer in bipartisanship. It will be interesting to see how long he can maintain that belief in the face of an unrelentingly uncooperative and obstructionist Republican Senate contingent led by McConnell. I was kind of hoping that when the GOP shot down the voting reform bill and then refused even to open debate on Manchin's compromise he might be more willing to play hardball. What unparliamentarian butt crevasses.

Anyway, without Manchin, Democrats lose their hold on the Senate, unless they win elsewhere, and it's going to a tough race in Georgia (and elsewhere) in 2022. Threatening him is just a dick move and won't get the Dems anywhere. You catch with honey than with vinegar.

Also, it's kind of stupid to talk about Democrats going after coal. Cheap natural gas is doing that all by itself. Plus, that just plays into the GOP narrative.

The filibuster is ant democracy it should go , you pick whats important and play hardball with your people who don't support the party position.
    Right, the Senate being such a "democratic" institution.:rolleyes:

The strongest Joe in DC is a guy from the backwoods of West Virginia. Dude is such a fly in the ointment, and I love it.

Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema seem to be playing the role of rotating villain which explains a lot about today's political climate on the left.

Here's more about the rotating villian from a 2010 article:

My biggest complaint about Manchin is that he (incorrectly) thinks that compromises can be had with Republicans. Past decade or so has shown that Republicans prefer to be obstructionists and only pretend to want to work with the other side

My biggest complaint about Manchin is that he (incorrectly) thinks that compromises can be had with Republicans. Past decade or so has shown that Republicans prefer to be obstructionists and only pretend to want to work with the other side
    I think he's basically just doing what he thinks he has to in order to remain an elected Democrat in WV.

Is what it is, don't like it win more seats in more states. You basically get this or a Republican in his place that will hold absolutely no support for the Democratic agenda.

No, he already knows that. He's doing what he's doing in order to keep his seat in a conservative state.

That said, he caucuses with the Democats, and that allows them to set the agenda.

Regardless, he's not the only one who is standing in the way, so to speak. He's just an easy target.

No, he already knows that. He's doing what he's doing in order to keep his seat in a conservative state.

That said, he caucuses with the Democats, and that allows them to set the agenda.

Regardless, he's not the only one who is standing in the way, so to speak. He's just an easy target.
    I've seen you say that before...but if it's really that difficult for him to keep his job, couldn't he just switch party? I figure just doing that would be enough, and he wouldn't have to change his stance on anything. Granted I don't know anything about his state, maybe it would be worse if he switched parties for all I know haha

(and if it came down to him switching parties to keep his seat vs losing it as a democrat, I'd rather see him as a moderate republican -to me he already seems like a moderate republican except in name)

I'll admit I had a more negative opinion on him in the past. Then I came across this article a while back

“Jan. 6 changed me. And I was very clear with everybody, I never thought in my life — I never read in history books — to where our form of government had been attacked and where our seat of government which is Washington, D.C., our own Capitol, by our own people,” Manchin said

(This to me seems sincere)

Last edited:
    I've seen you say that before...but if it's really that difficult for him to keep his job, couldn't he just switch party? I figure just doing that would be enough, and he wouldn't have to change his stance on anything. Granted I don't know anything about his state, maybe it would be worse if he switched parties for all I know haha

(and if it came down to him switching parties to keep his seat vs losing it as a democrat, I'd rather see him as a moderate republican -to me he already seems like a moderate republican except in name)

I'll admit I had a more negative opinion on him in the past. Then I came across this article a while back

“Jan. 6 changed me. And I was very clear with everybody, I never thought in my life — I never read in history books — to where our form of government had been attacked and where our seat of government which is Washington, D.C., our own Capitol, by our own people,” Manchin said

I just think he's still a Democrat at heart, even if conservative. And caucusing is a big deal because if he switched parties, then you'd have McConnell setting the agenda...and...ehhh.

So, better a conservative Democrat than a liberal Republican at this point.

Yea, I mean I can’t fault someone for standing up for their constituents - but exactly this. He’s holding on to a pipe dream at this point.

to me, this is a process that Manchin has to go through. He has to be able to go back to his state and explain that he gave McConnell and the Rs every opportunity to meet him in the middle. His constituents are mostly R themselves. I think Biden knows this and knows Manchin well enough to allow this process to play out.

He might could switch parties and win.. but then he'd have to act as a conservative Republican and never support anything on the Democratic agenda imo or else he'd be primaried. And maybe that's just not where he is ideologically.

Anyone who ever really thought the Democrats would be able to pass the majority of their agenda with Manchin as the 50th vote was never dealing in reality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom