This Is A Very Revealing Quote About The Current Dark State Of The Republican Party (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kerry Won Ohio

Reaction score
    God help us if the Republican Party is ever in power again. This is what a Republican official in Pennsylvania apparently said yesterday. --

David Ball, the chair of the Washington County GOP, vented his anger at Sen. Pat Toomey, fellow Republican of Pennsylvania, who committed the apostasy of joining six other GOP senators in voting to convict former president Donald Trump of inciting insurrection.

We did not send him (Sen Toomey) there to vote his conscience,” Ball said on Monday. “We did not send him there to do the right thing or whatever he said he was doing. We sent him there to represent us.”

This tells you everything you need to know about the current evil, fascist nature of the Republican Party. They must NEVER control Congress or the White House ever again. If they do, democracy is over in this country.

I didnt notice potholes so much as the trash.
    I love Louisiana but my god...do you have no landfills? Is the whole road system just one big dump?
    is there an alternative?

but i think a few things are at play with SELA and 'upkeep'
    - nature always wins. 'flotsam and jetsam' from floods, downed trees, rapid growth vegetation, et al contributes mightily to the area seeming unkempt
    - many touristy areas treating their playground like a dump
    - high poverty. if you aren't valued by society, it's hard to turn around and value society
    - it's a very lived in area:
    the house we had before the one we live in now was newer construction - i was pretty good about keeping the space both neat and clean. the place we're in now is an OLD uptown shotgun; i can work for hours and it still won't seem very clean (and it's never going to look 'neat') as a result i tend to do the bare minimum to make it manageable

(not very revealing, more like predictable)
    "Even though those thousands of people that were marching to the Capitol were trying to pressure people like me to vote the way they wanted me to vote, I knew those were people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law, and so I wasn't concerned,"

"Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

"Even though those thousands of people that were marching to the Capitol were trying to pressure people like me to vote the way they wanted me to vote, I knew those were people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law, and so I wasn't concerned,"

"Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

They “love this country and truly respect law enforcement”? Jesus Christ on a pogostick, you half wit, they acted criminally. They sought to overthrow the government because their cult leader whined that he was cheated. THEY WERE VERMIN! And hopefully every single one will get what they deserve. Which goes for you to, Ron, meaning WI kicks your arse to the curb.

Johnson is a total forking idiot. Put his racism aside for just a minute, which is bad enough. He actually said the traitors that attacked the Capitol on January 6th were Americans who "respected law enforcement". Is that why there is now a dead cop and over 100 cops that were seriously injured?

I wish this treasonous forker would resign immediately.

I don't see your figures. Provide a link that shows the U.S. response to COVID was the 9th worse.
    They might have been thinking of the worldometer figures, that I linked to in a reply to them previously, here, in the context of how they illustrate that the USA and UK's responses to the pandemic were absolutely and undeniably terrible. Which they were.

Yes Ron, we know you're on their side. We know they knew you're on their side.

It seems you missed the point altogether. This was not the point I made at all.
    Even if he did get the point, he'd ignore it and twist into into something to fit his narrative and try to take the thread in another direction.

Last edited:
    It looks like our long time traditional allies just held their nose and prayed while Trump was president because it doesn't seem like Biden is getting the cold shoulder from anyone Trump offended or basically cut ties with. (That we know of at least...)

Russia seems pissed, but I guess without Trump they're worried they might be held accountable.

I detest the idea of patriotism. It gets wrapped up in an idea that the US is the greatest country in the world. Love it or leave it. My dad, and I, believe the opposite. The US could be a lot better, but it needs work. How can we call ourselves a great country, the best country when our population has as many issues as it does? I mean we have some very serious problems in this country- homeless, mental health, poverty, in places education, racism all sorts of stuff. But if a person starts criticizing the country on how it needs to solve these structural issues then you’re met with the whole dissing the country by your people who resemble flag vomit.

Yep.

I love my country. I think it's the greatest one on earth and have no desire to leave it, but I sure would love to see some changes made.

The whole place was built to cater to the whims and needs of folks who look like me> I you look like me and you can't see how it fails or, at minimum under-serves folks who might be darker, female or new to the country you are a fool.

Yet, patriotic Americans who pose reasonable objections to a president who was a corrupt, prolific liar and deferred to authoritarian regimes while criticizing our allies are suffering from a “derangement syndrome”. Gaslighting, folks. Accuse your political opponents of what you are doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom