The Officially Unofficial 2020 Georgia Senate Runoff Elections Armageddon Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
    Control of the Senate is on the line. Assuming the current numbers will stand on recount, only 1.9% of the vote (90,295 votes) separated Republican incumbent David Perdue from his Democratic challenger, Jon Ossof. The third place Libertarian candidate received 2.3% of the vote (144,566 votes). In the special election, Raphael Warnock led the pack with 32.9% of the vote trailed by incumbent Kelly Loeffler who received 25.9% of the vote. Doug Collins, the other major GOP candidate, finished with 20% of the vote. Various other Democrat candidates finished with a combined 15.5% of the vote. Various other GOP candidates finished with 3.4% and roughly 2% for independent candidates.

Andrew Yang has posted that he will be moving to Georgia to help campaign for Ossof and Warnock.

Last edited:
    Mitch had a choice: he could allow a vote on the $2,000 checks (which would go to poors, ingrates, and various other people he loathes), or he could lose his Senate majority. He chose to lose the Senate majority, and the checks will happen anyway. Poor Mitch.

Since McConnell's Senate is incapable of doing anything other than rubber stamping Federalist Society judges, and since he wasn't going to be able to do that for at least four years anyway, it's probably a relief to him to no longer have to pretend to have to govern.

Democrats definitely pushed their advantage on this issue, so very unlike Democrats. I think also Trump not being on the ticket, and his "it's rigged" talk was also a big help.

Democrats definitely pushed their advantage on this issue, so very unlike Democrats. I think also Trump not being on the ticket, and his "it's rigged" talk was also a big help.
    Helped bigly, you might even say.. hmm.. The Bigly Loser.. yeah I'll see how that fits him.. Bigly's Loser, maybe? Hell, got to try them to know what works!

I haven't had time to dig into this, but how has the Senate run off turn out compared to the 2020 presidential/senate race turn out?

^ and I’ve heard a couple times there is usually a massive drop in turnout between a presidential election and a runoff, so this was wild

senate 1.PNG

senate2.PNG

Nov 5th Election

As of a couple of hours ago there are about 55,000 ballots still outstanding. Ossoff is leading by about 17,500 -- if he can increase his lead another 5000 votes he'll be outside the recount margin.

In 2016 the Republicans held the presidency, and had control of both the Senate and House of Representatives. If Ossoff pulls out the victory, just 4 years later the Democrats will hold control of all three. This is due almost exclusively to the words and actions of Donald J Trump. This is where sycophancy and cozying up to a dictator wannabe have led the Republicans. Nice going.

Ossoff won.

It may have been discussed, but how do the two independent senators come into play. If I'm one of them, I'd be buying an island in the tropics when my term is over.

Pleasantly surprised by this outcome. I thought Biden's victory was a result of a significant amount of crossover Republican votes who would ultimately vote for Republican senators. This, combined with the close governor's race actually makes me think Georgia's demographics could be trending blue. That or enough nutty Trump supports boycotted the runoff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom