The Meeting In The Middle (of the Mud Pit) Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it fair to require somebody to watch a Ted Talk video before discussing a political topic and if someone declines to do so, should they be labeled as uninformed, uneducated or even delusional?

Is it fair to require somebody to watch a Ted Talk video before discussing a political topic and if someone declines to do so, should they be labeled as uninformed, uneducated or even delusional?

If the person wants to discuss that particular video and points raised in it, sure it's fair.

I don't want to see these guy's titties.
    What about toes?

1580306494771.png

WTH? Translator needed:

"For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, 'begged' me for a non Senate [sic] approved job, which I gave him despite many saying 'Don’t do it, sir,' takes the job, mistakenly says 'Libyan Model' on T.V., and ... many more mistakes of judgement [sic], gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book," Trump tweeted. "All Classified National Security. Who would do this?"

WTH? Translator needed:

"For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, 'begged' me for a non Senate [sic] approved job, which I gave him despite many saying 'Don’t do it, sir,' takes the job, mistakenly says 'Libyan Model' on T.V., and ... many more mistakes of judgement [sic], gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book," Trump tweeted. "All Classified National Security. Who would do this?"

Seriously. What does this have to do with this thread? There is a Trump Tracker thread on the main board where someone might actually have a reply for you.

WTH? Translator needed:

Translation: I only hire the best people, but after they work fort me for a while, they all turn into the worst people.

Seriously. What does this have to do with this thread? There is a Trump Tracker thread on the main board where someone might actually have a reply for you.

I really did have hopes for this thread, where people could see two adults discuss their differences and work through them, even if got a little heated.

Instead, DD is doing the exact same shirt he always does. There's no legitimate criticism he's encountered that he won't dodge. It's pathetic.

I really did have hopes for this thread, where people could see two adults discuss their differences and work through them, even if got a little heated.

Instead, DD is doing the exact same shirt he always does. There's no legitimate criticism he's encountered that he won't dodge. It's pathetic.
    And, true to form, you've reverted to criticizing me as a poster. Hooray!

You got the Vegas line on acquittal? 4 to 1? 8 to 1?

That was kind of the point of this thread. As I said to you via PM:

"I have a question for you, DD. We've talked via PM before, and I thought it was a productive conversation. However, I still see the same crap coming from your end. You've questioned more than once whether I am speaking for others. I reiterate that I can only speak to what I see. You've mentioned the Mud Pit, though. Would it be helpful if we- both you and I together- use the Mud Pit to invite others to say what they think of how we post and engage with others? It could be very beneficial to allow us to see what we might be missing about ourselves."

He's criticizing you as a poster because you can't even properly participate in the thread you created which has a supposed purpose of seeing how people judge the way both of you interact in a debate/discussion.

And his criticism is accurate based on this response alone not to mention the earlier "Look at me!!!" post about Trump being pissed off at Fox News.

That was kind of the point of this thread. As I said to you via PM:

"I have a question for you, DD. We've talked via PM before, and I thought it was a productive conversation. However, I still see the same crap coming from your end. You've questioned more than once whether I am speaking for others. I reiterate that I can only speak to what I see. You've mentioned the Mud Pit, though. Would it be helpful if we- both you and I together- use the Mud Pit to invite others to say what they think of how we post and engage with others? It could be very beneficial to allow us to see what we might be missing about ourselves."
    This venue has a certain irreverence and so do I. An irreverent thought occurs and I share it, hence the Gina Davis clip and the toes.

As the song from Mulan says, let's get down to business.

As I see it, the odds of acquittal have never changed from the moment the impeachment began. I said the articles would be dead on arrival and they are.

Do you agree or disagree?

Collateral damage will manifest in itself at the ballot box, where I firmly believe the electorate is going to unleash a repudiation of epic proportions on the Democratic incumbents.

What's on your mind?

Last edited:
    He's criticizing you as a poster because you can't even properly participate in the thread you created which has a supposed purpose of seeing how people judge the way both of you interact in a debate/discussion.

And his criticism is accurate based on this response alone not to mention the earlier "Look at me!!!" post about Trump being pissed off at Fox News.
    Properly? Explain what you think is "proper" in this venue?

I know the answer, but I am curious to hear what you think.

This venue has a certain irreverence and so do I. An irreverent thought occurs and I share it, hence the Gina Davis clip and the toes.

As the song from Mulan says, let's get down to business.

As I see it, the odds of aquittal have never changed firm the moment the impeachment began. I said the articles would be dead on arrival and they are.

Do you agree or disagree.

Collateral damage will manifest in itself at the ballot box, where I firmly believe the electorate is going to unleash a repudiation of epic proportions on the Democratic incumbents.

What's on your mind?

I would say it would take something coming beyond what he’s currently accused of to prevent acquittal. Enough senators are comfortable with the argument that even if guilty, it’s not impeachable. Even witness testimony that proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt, he gets acquitted.

I think Lev has many recordings. I think the FBI and the house have them all.

If there is evidence of Trump saying or suggesting something that suddenly makes acquittal a political risk, the calculation would change.

This has never been about the arguments being made by either side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom