The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I am very leery about having a nine-year-old become the focus of a media circus about Buttigeg's sexuality.
    An old political axiom asks, "Yes, but how will it play in Peoria?"
    Not well, would be my guess.

1582491978084.png

Denver, Colorado (CNN)Pete Buttigieg shared an emotional moment with a young supporter in Denver on Saturday night.
    "Thank you for being so brave," the boy, later identified as 9-year-old Zachary Ro, wrote in a question submitted via fishbowl during the presidential hopeful's Saturday rally, "Would you help me tell the world I'm gay, too? I want to be brave like you."

Maybe he just prevented a future suicide, due to helping him overcome the fear of coming out.

Maybe children shouldn't be used to shill for political causes.
    Really?

I think to have all those people in the same city without getting them together right as the plane lands just to put them in a political pony show is utterly pathetic.

Oh so you are going on record that the military reunion at the state of the union was a jerk move then?
    No, I'm going on record that the Commander-in-Chief at the State of the Union Address in the halls of Congress addressing a military family issue is a totally different thing than an also-ran presidential candidate at a campaign rally addressing a childhood sexuality issue.

No, I'm going on record that the Commander-in-Chief at the State of the Union Address in the halls of Congress addressing a military family issue is a totally different thing than an also-ran presidential candidate at a campaign rally addressing a childhood sexuality issue.

Just be glad that you are not on the side of the political spectrum as those who have to pretend they don't understand that.

So you think keeping that family away from their father any bit longer was worth all the dog and pony show crap? Worth the sound bite and clips?

I personally think that is a classless move whomever does it. Party, race, sexual orientation, or whatever.

I am glad you buy that jerk move hook line and sinker. I get the if the family didn't play that game they would have just sent someone else home to play it and their father would still be in danger.

That is a jerk move.

Just be glad that you are not on the side of the political spectrum as those who have to pretend they don't understand that.

What is not to understand in a political game holding a family member from their family for political gain.

thank you for proving my point even though the proof wasn't necessary at all

I am very leery about having a nine-year-old become the focus of a media circus about Buttigeg's sexuality.
    An old political axiom asks, "Yes, but how will it play in Peoria?"
    Not well, would be my guess.

1582491978084.png

Denver, Colorado (CNN)Pete Buttigieg shared an emotional moment with a young supporter in Denver on Saturday night.
    "Thank you for being so brave," the boy, later identified as 9-year-old Zachary Ro, wrote in a question submitted via fishbowl during the presidential hopeful's Saturday rally, "Would you help me tell the world I'm gay, too? I want to be brave like you."

Doesn't sound like you should be leery. Sounds like you you should be excited that "the Left" is showing it's true colors. Since this doesn't play well in Peoria, that's makes Trumps reelection more likely, no? That should make you pretty happy.

Doesn't sound like you should be leery. Sounds like you you should be excited that "the Left" is showing it's true colors. Since this doesn't play well in Peoria, that's makes Trumps reelection more likely, no? That should make you pretty happy.
    Looking at it dispassionately, as a father and grandfather, I wouldn't want to see one of my own paraded around a stage like that at that age regarding anything involving sexuality.

At least for me, it has little to do with who I favor politically. It has to do with right and wrong. To me, as a parent and grandfather, that's wrong.

Let the little guy reach the age of sexual consent before you put him and his name and his life out there on display for the world regarding anything sexual.

Looking at it dispassionately, as a father and grandfather, I wouldn't want to see one of my own paraded around a stage like that at that age regarding anything involving sexuality.

At least for me, it has little to do with who I favor politically. It has to do with right and wrong. To me, as a parent and grandfather, that's wrong.

Let the little guy reach the age of sexual consent before you put him and his name and his life out there on display for the world regarding anything sexual.

His mother was obviously right there and consented to her son asking the question. Her son obviously wanted too. Your personal moral code aside, it seems you should have a much bigger problem with them than with the Buttigieg campaign. Assuming you want to tell people how to live their lives and what is acceptable for them to ask a political candidate in public that is, which clearly you are.

Maybe children shouldn't be used to shill for political causes.

Perhaps, but that's been happening since forever. There used to be a time when a picture of a candidate holding someone's baby was a campaign requirement.

As for the aforementioned case, perhaps we should give the incident context like you did the military family.
    Buttigieg does have personal experience in the matter, and perhaps we should give this kid the benefit of the doubt that he indeed feels what he says. It probably took a lot for this kid to do what he did.

I also draw a difference between a one time event and being the poster individual for a cause.

Either way, neither incident is going to influence my voting decision.

His mother was obviously right there and consented to her son asking the question. Her son obviously wanted too. Your personal moral code aside, it seems you should have a much bigger problem with them than with the Buttigieg campaign. Assuming you want to tell people how to live their lives and what is acceptable for them to ask a political candidate in public that is, which clearly you are.
    Yes, I question the parent's judgement.
    The 10-year-old is just that . . . a 10-year-old.
    Putting a 10-year-old on a stage in a national spotlight about anything dealing with sexuality smacks of child abuse to me.
    Whether he wanted to do such a thing is irrelevant. He's 10.

The question screeners should have pulled the plug on this one.

Yes, I question the parent's judgement.
    The 10-year-old is just that . . . a 10-year-old.
    Putting a 10-year-old on a stage in a national spotlight about anything dealing with sexuality smacks of child abuse to me.
    Whether he wanted to do such a thing is irrelevant. He's 10.

The question screeners should have pulled the plug on this one.

It's silly to classify this as child abuse. Putting that aside, the angst you're displaying isn't a social ill or problem with democrats, it's just a difference of opinion.

Obviously you don't like it, that's fine. You're obviously never going to see even the possibility of something remotely positive coming from this interaction for that child. That's fine too, just speaks to you limited experience with these issues.

Aside from this being about this kid being gay, there isn't anything remotely sexual about that interaction. Coming out at that age isn't about sex and sexuality, it's about knowing he's different than the other kids around him and knowing why that is and being able to accept it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom