The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

I stand my that he acted as man who got it first manager job and was in charge. Why dies everything have to be so confrontational?

Great question. Ask the people who escalated the situation by attempting to circumvent the rules put in place. They go by the names Nunes and Stefanik.

Furthermore, what is unfair about the rules?

Equal time allotted for opening statements, 45 minutes for each side, 5 minutes to question per round, all inquiries need to stay relevant to the witness, deferrals of time must fit the particular process rules agreed to and both sides must follow equally.

Republicans all day were complaining and calling fouls for being sanctioned for rules they were constantly violating because they are not being allowed to violate them. It's nonsensical.

I stand my that he acted as man who got it first manager job and was in charge. Why does everything have to be so confrontational?

So you see the chairman as being confrontational rather than those who were interrupting the proceedings and trying to go outside the rules? Maybe I misunderstand your point.

Edit: I see I did misunderstand, so I will change my question. Why do you see people who simply disagree with you as being confrontational? If you’re going to put an opinion out there, then you should be able to back it up when questioned. Especially if the questions are put in a decent manner.

If you were just joking, just say it was a joke, then we won’t ask follow up questions. 😁

Last edited:
    So you see the chairman as being confrontational rather than those who were interrupting the proceedings and trying to go outside the rules? Maybe I misunderstand your point.

Edit: I see I did misunderstand, so I will change my question. Why do you see people who simply disagree with you as being confrontational? If you’re going to put an opinion out there, then you should be able to back it up when questioned. Especially if the questions are put in a decent manner.

back up my opinion as to why schiff acted as a young McDonald’s manager? I just think that’s how he came off. I’m not sure what else to say. The video speaks for itself. Btw it has nothing to do with him following procedure, it’s how he is going about it.

as far as saying that cuddlemonkey is being confrontational well his post speaks for itself. My initial response said I disagree but don’t hate anyone who doesn’t.

back up my opinion as to why schiff acted as a young McDonald’s manager? I just think that’s how he came off. I’m not sure what else to say. The video speaks for itself. Btw it has nothing to do with him following procedure, it’s how he is going about it.

as far as saying that cuddlemonkey is being confrontational well his post speaks for itself.
    So I will jump in, Lazy passive-aggressively stated that anyone that didn't take his interpretation he would likely laugh at.

Cuddle ignored that and backed up his post with an explanation for why that interpretation he has is justifiable to him, Lazy ignored that and called him confrontational. Says it is self-evident when questioned.

I do see confrontation, I am not seeing it from him.

The chairman is being confrontational.....It’s a nice talking point, but funny that it comes right when even Fox News hosts are saying the President added another charge, witness intimidation, to the impeachment hearing.

On top of that, they were allowed to pursue their questioning once they did so through appropriate processes.

Furthermore, Shiff ultimately allowed them to break the rules to drag in more WB nonsense.

The game, in a nutshell, has been certain Republicans soap-boxing and blatantly breaking the rules so they can then cry foul and give right-wing groups the out-of-context fodder they can use to gaslight and disengage their audience from taking the charges seriously.

And of course their media partners play right along with crying and soap-boxing to amplify the noise the try and obfuscate the principle facts of the impeachment case.

And of course their media partners play right along with crying and soap-boxing to amplify the noise the try and obfuscate the principle facts of the impeachment case.
    Always seems relevant these days:
    "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

What I see from Republicans throughout this whole process is almost nothing but table-pounding, and that itself is telling.

As is this image:

EJcJA9LXUAIgKj9

The look when you ponder all the decisions you made to get to this point where you are so obviously on the wrong side of history as the person that will be remembered for shamelessly defending all of the indefensible.

as far as saying that cuddlemonkey is being confrontational well his post speaks for itself. My initial response said I disagree but don’t hate anyone who doesn’t.
    Your opinion is that Schiff "acted as a young McDonald's manager" because he would not allow the two republicans to violate the rules that they themselves agreed to before hand. How exactly do you think he should have handled two people attempting to violate rules that they previously agreed to? What would you see as the manner in which Schiff should have acted to prevent two people from breaking rules that they agreed to so as not to appear as acting as a young McDonald's manager?"

Your opinion is that Schiff "acted as a young McDonald's manager" because he would not allow the two republicans to violate the rules that they themselves agreed to before hand. How exactly do you think he should have handled two people attempting to violate rules that they previously agreed to? What would you see as the manner in which Schiff should have acted to prevent two people from breaking rules that they agreed to so as not to appear as acting as a young McDonald's manager?"

Maybe he means that Nunez and Jordan were acting like McDonalds Employees.

How will the Republicans handle what’s in Hmes’s opening statement?

It’s hard to tell people how to talk to others. Just as MT15 put it about how we communicate our post on here. You can give the same message with different delivery.

As I stated, this is how I viewed it and if you don’t agree, that’s cool. With the amount of memes with him in them, public perception is on my side.

So David Holmes opening statement was released, he claims, under oath and threat of prosecution, that he heard first hand Trump's voice on the phone talking to Sondland about investigating what he would come to understand was the Biden's. That in Sondland's words after asked, stated Trump "Didn't give a shirt about Ukraine." That 4 people can corroborate this account, leaving Sondland very few avenues to try and protect the president and himself.

Holmes noted in his statement this decision to come forward was in specific response that the testimonies of others were being dismissed as hearsay and not reliable because they lacked the first-hand familiarity of the situation. Felt he needed to come forward to correct that record. Knocking down yet another rebuttal Republicans have put up for why they can't condemn this president.

Last edited:
    Honest question. Statistically speaking, do you really believe that the amount of memes that you are seeing within the sites that you frequent have any bearing on actual overall public perception?

how do you know what sites I frequent?

in order

1. mma junkie
    2. Mixed martial arts.com
    3. Bjpenn.com
    4. This board

I don’t do face book or iG. However I do participate in society and yes, I think I have a pretty good pulse of what the public thinks based upon my travels and day to day interactions with the regular public.

I will say I see the same type of memes about 3 other people. Trump Hillary and Epstein

Furthermore, what is unfair about the rules?

Equal time allotted for opening statements, 45 minutes for each side, 5 minutes to question per round, all inquiries need to stay relevant to the witness, deferrals of time must fit the particular process rules agreed to and both sides must follow equally.

Republicans all day were complaining and calling fouls for being sanctioned for rules they were constantly violating because they are not being allowed to violate them. It's nonsensical.
    It's the same strategy that Trump employed against Hilary during their debates. He was constantly whining to the judges every time they cut short his winded rants. Sometimes I do wonder if it's a strategy or if they're truly that spoiled, feeling entitled to break the rules whenever they feel like they're losing.

how do you know what sites I frequent?

in order

1. mma junkie
    2. Mixed martial arts.com
    3. Bjpenn.com
    4. This board

I don’t do face book or iG. However I do participate in society and yes, I think I have a pretty good pulse of what the public thinks based upon my travels and day to day interactions with the regular public.

I will say I see the same type of memes about 3 other people. Trump Hillary and Epstein
    Well where are you seeing the memes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom