The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

This sounds like the 2020 version of 30,000 e-mails, except where the former has legs.
    Trump's base is not going to flinch.
    Everyone against Trump is not going to need this to vote against him come 2020.
    But for the people who are on the fence, just like the Comey statement about the emails late Oct. had a huge impact in the election, this may be the one thing that sways them if not to vote for someone else, at least not to vote for him.

This seems pretty simple and clear. He asked the President of Ukraine to look into Biden's kid, and he asked for other investigation help. Now, some of that may be in the official capacity of the President, but man.. asking about a situation about a political rival. Not smart, doesn't seem to pass the "ethical" smell test either.

Add in the allegation of putting that information in a TS, compartmentalized server... why were they trying to hide it, if it's not so bad?

The house just needs to corroborate the facts.

It does beg the question.. has he done this with other leaders?

Reportedly he has. Reportedly notes on conversations with, wait for it, Putin and MBS have also been given the same treatment.

I do want to hear more about this ambassador
    ==================================

WASHINGTON (AP) — Months before the call that set off an impeachment inquiry, many in the diplomatic community were alarmed by the Trump administration’s abrupt removal of a career diplomat from her post as ambassador to Ukraine.

The ambassador’s ouster, and the campaign against her that preceded it, are now emerging as a key sequence of events behind a whistleblower’s complaint alleging that the president pressured a foreign country to investigate his political rival.

In a letter Friday to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Sen. Robert Menendez demanded answers about the ouster of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch...........

But, in private, many in the diplomatic community in the U.S. and around the world were appalled, believing she had been improperly removed from a sensitive post at a critical moment, as a new president without any previous political experience was taking office in a struggling country in dire need of American economic and military aid in an ongoing fight against Russia-backed separatists.

President Donald Trump said in his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that Yovanovitch was “bad news” and that she is “going to go through some things,” according to the memo of the call released this week by the White House.

But that characterization of her and her performance was contradicted by five current and former officials who spoke to The Associated Press..............

President Donald Trump said in his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that Yovanovitch was “bad news” and that she is “going to go through some things,” according to the memo of the call released this week by the White House.

Oh, this is it. You can tell by her face (March 2019 from article) - She is not going to put up with Trump's nonsense.

1569781175335.png

It is wise of them to go after his records and not to have him testify because Giuliani's testimony in front Congress would be nothing short of a total clown show. I have no doubt that he will fight the subpoena, but I have to believe that the American people deserve to see them considering he was negotiating with a foreign government on the behalf of the United States government (illegally of course).

It is wise of them to go after his records and not to have him testify because Giuliani's testimony in front Congress would be nothing short of a total clown show. I have no doubt that he will fight the subpoena, but I have to believe that the American people deserve to see them considering he was negotiating with a foreign government on the behalf of the United States government (illegally of course).

Aww, c'mon. I want to see Rudy on the stand. I've never seen a human being come apart at the seams before. We might even get a glimpse of the meth-addled ferrets who've been animating him these past couple years.

Aww, c'mon. I want to see Rudy on the stand. I've never seen a human being come apart at the seams before. We might even get a glimpse of the meth-addled ferrets who've been animating him these past couple years.
    Having him testify in front of Congress might finally actually make his head explode. It looks like it's close to happening whenever he's on television, so imagine what it'd be like in front of Congress.

Having him testify in front of Congress might finally actually make his head explode. It looks like it's close to happening whenever he's on television, so imagine what it'd be like in front of Congress.

and-it-will.jpg

Does anyone want to make a wager on the success of this escapade? My bet is 4 more years.

For the record I have never voted for Donald Trump. 25 Years ago he had an article about him in playboy or hustler (pictures only for me). My dad said lazybones this guy has never accomplished anything in his life. He is using his fathers money and connections. Since that day I disliked him.

When the apprentice started, my wife watched it and I hated it. I thought he was a joke as a candidate (I supported Cruz).

Now that he is in office, my opinion hasn’t changed. My opinion also hasn’t changed about the media and the left. They have done nothing to endear themselves to a person like me. Absolutely nothing.

I disagree. This escapade has legs, his support is taking a huge hit. People can understand a politician so brazenly corrupt that he is openly using his office to extort a foreign leader into investigating his main political rival. It’s simple and easy to comprehend. He is supposed to be conducting foreign policy in the interests of our country rather then his own political expediency.

There’s a building swell of revulsion for this guy. I think everyone except the true believers, his cult if you will, are going to start pulling away. He’s helping them make that break every time he tweets about civil war, treason, coups, and outright witness intimidation. IMO, the Republicans have taken far too long to be fed up, but they won’t stand for the crap he is pulling much longer. 🤞🏻

More bad news for Trump

Marie Yovanovitch, the former US ambassador to Ukraine, who was brought back to Washington several months early, will provide a deposition on 11 October.

Meanwhile, Kurt Volker, the former special envoy to Ukraine who resigned from his position last Friday, will appear before the intelligence committee of the House of Representatives on Thursday, committee sources told the US media.

That brief statement from Trump was pretty amazing. He’s truly a bit unhinged. He seems to be terrified of this impeachment.

It was one crazy lie after another. His state of mind should be questioned.

He again said Schiff should be “forced” to resign from the Senate. He called people who cooperated with the whistleblower “just like a spy”. He said they need to find out who they are.

He says again his call with Ukraine was “perfect”. He said that Pelosi and Schiff didn’t expect him to release the call summary which he called a “word for word” transcript, which is a lie.

He actually gloated about releasing that call summary, which shows how clueless he really is because even though it’s incomplete, it shows exactly how he is conducting foreign policy solely for his own political gain.

He’s just an angry old man who apparently can feel the walls closing in. IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom