The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

Mueller Report. Same tune. Different refrain.

It's actually quite different. For one, the White House has admitted (and even provided evidence) that Donald Trump spoke directly with a foreign leader to enlist that government's assistance in investigating his likely opponent in the 2020 election - and from that same evidence, appears to condition almost $400 million of federal US taxpayer funds on that assistance. Unlike the Mueller investigation that aimed to find out if Trump and/or the Trump campaign had colluded with Russian operatives to interfere with the 2016 election, here, we have a transcript that concedes that central fact. So the question here is, rather, the degree to which those overtures were official administration business or the personal and political interests of the president himself.

Mueller's investigation was a criminal inquiry based on application of the fruits of the investigation to the criminal laws of the United States, and always in the context of the principle that a sitting U.S. president cannot be prosecuted by his own Justice Department on criminal charges. The recourse, instead, is through impeachment by Congress.

Congress is now performing that role on a case that has already been mostly established. Whether it amounts to an impeachable offense is a political question, but the voting members of the House and Senate deserve the opportunity to get the complete picture of what happened. That's what they're trying to do and being stonewalled. The president can't be both immune from criminal prosecution and immune from the reach of congressional investigatory power in the context of an impeachment proceeding. That's clearly contrary to Constitution and the system expressed in the writings of the founding fathers, mostly notably the Federalist Papers.

How many times have you typed something similar in the last 3 years? Do you really think this is the one? If this turns out as the mueller investigation, will you be more apprehensive for the next so called scandal?

I’m truly asking for a conversation. It sparks my curiosity, the same way it does for adamant supporters of trump. The difference is trump supporters have been classified as idiots so I get it.

However the left are classified as the intellectuals. How do they keep getting duped?

How am I “duped”?

Did you read the first paragraph?

Yes, now please answer the question. How am I duped?

BTW, I haven’t really listened to a Trump press conference for quite a while, but you seem to think you know what I have posted. I haven’t posted a recap of a Trump press conference, well, I can’t remember when I last did it. If I ever have. It’s sort of odd that you keep telling me what my motives are, for example, or what I have been posting, with no real knowledge of it.

Back on topic. Did you hear his press conference, for lack of a better word, today? I heard it (part of it) live because I was out in my car at that time of day. It was pretty striking. He sounded very flustered to me.

Now I am curious, explain how this solicitation of a foreign government to investigate a political rival is okay. You seem to indicate this is not a scandal, so you think it’s okay. How do you justify it?

Does anyone want to make a wager on the success of this escapade? My bet is 4 more years.

For the record I have never voted for Donald Trump. 25 Years ago he had an article about him in playboy or hustler (pictures only for me). My dad said lazybones this guy has never accomplished anything in his life. He is using his fathers money and connections. Since that day I disliked him.

When the apprentice started, my wife watched it and I hated it. I thought he was a joke as a candidate (I supported Cruz).

Now that he is in office, my opinion hasn’t changed. My opinion also hasn’t changed about the media and the left. They have done nothing to endear themselves to a person like me. Absolutely nothing.
    Well, you could have your cake and eat it too. Impeach/convict Trump... Pence is president.

It's not like the "left" has to win.

Well, you could have your cake and eat it too. Impeach/convict Trump... Pence is president.

It's not like the "left" has to win.

Politico even did an article on how this would mess with the Democratic primaries.

Mainly, he seems to have played a pretty big part in shaking down Ukraine.

Pence is too wooden to be a threat. He's boring, and he has his own baggage.
    He's got his own baggage in this same Ukraine scandal on top of the rest of his baggage. Of which there is plenty from his time as governor of Indiana. His family is personally responsible for polluting the ground water all over the state with LUSTs (leaking underground storage tanks) that their chain of gas stations just left there when the stations closed. And that's just one example.

Yes, now please answer the question. How am I duped?

BTW, I haven’t really listened to a Trump press conference for quite a while, but you seem to think you know what I have posted. I haven’t posted a recap of a Trump press conference, well, I can’t remember when I last did it. If I ever have. It’s sort of odd that you keep telling me what my motives are, for example, or what I have been posting, with no real knowledge of it.

Back on topic. Did you hear his press conference, for lack of a better word, today? I heard it (part of it) live because I was out in my car at that time of day. It was pretty striking. He sounded very flustered to me.

Now I am curious, explain how this solicitation of a foreign government to investigate a political rival is okay. You seem to indicate this is not a scandal, so you think it’s okay. How do you justify it?

My question was do you really think this attempt at impeachment will be the one?

If it’s not will you be more apprehensive to buy into the hype fed to you by the left?

Last edited:
    Another investigation that finds Trump culpable? Probably, yea.
    Culpable of what, exactly? How many investigations do the Democrats need to have in order to show us Trump is a no good, very bad orange man?

Culpable of what, exactly? How many investigations do the Democrats need to have in order to show us Trump is a no good, very bad orange man?
    One.

The better question would be
    How many investigations do they need to have in order to convince the Republicans that their country is more important than their party and their power?

I have read many of your post over the last 3 years. You have posted numerous times that this is the thing that is going to be the downfall of trump, yet it keeps fizzling out.

My question was do you really think this attempt at impeachment will be the one?

If it’s not will you be more apprehensive to buy into the hype fed to you by the left?

Well, you have the advantage then because I don’t know who you are. I would appreciate you giving me the same courtesy you are enjoying of this being a clean slate as Andrus envisioned.

I’m not sure I have ever predicted impeachment before. Maybe said it was warranted, for sure, but imminent? I’m not remembering that. I guess it’s possible. Maybe you have paid closer attention to what I post than I have. 😁

Are you saying Trump won’t be impeached? Because I think it’s inevitable. Did you follow any of the news today? The revelations on the scope of the plot to strong-arm Ukraine? It was far more than a ham-handed wannabe gangster phone call.

I’m willing to say it this time. This one will get him impeached. And as time goes on we will find out that this was just the tip of the iceberg of corruption for Trump.

I am eager to see this go forward honestly. Because it will be out in the sunlight for all to see. And if something is brought forward that is impeachable, then he should be impeached. And conversely, if it is shown to be a witch hunt, democrats will pay a severe price in the 2020 election.

I am eager to see this go forward honestly. Because it will be out in the sunlight for all to see. And if something is brought forward that is impeachable, then he should be impeached. And conversely, if it is shown to be a witch hunt, democrats will pay a severe price in the 2020 election.
    It already has been.

And not just liberals who believe this...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom