The Impeachment Process Has Officially Begun (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score
    By Laura Bassett

After months of internal arguing among Democrats over whether to impeach President Donald Trump, the dam is finally breaking in favor of trying to remove him from office. The Washington Post reported that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would announce a formal impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, following a bombshell report that Trump illegally asked Ukraine’s government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his political opponents. (He essentially admitted to having done so over the weekend.)

“Now that we have the facts, we’re ready,” Pelosi said Tuesday morning at a forum hosted by The Atlantic. At 5 p.m. the same day, she was back with more. "The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the constitution, especially when the president says Article Two says I can do whatever I want," referring to the segment of the Constitution that defines the power of the executive branch of the government. Pelosi's message was that checks and balances of those branches are just as central to the Constitution. And one more thing: "Today, I am announcing the House of Representatives is moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry," she said at a conference broadcast on Twitter by the Huffington Post. ...

Read the Full Story - InStyle

If that was the point, the process would be moving much slower.

Dragging out the investigations without ever having a vote on impeachment would be far more damaging to Trump.

They don’t have to ever send impeachment to the Senate. The ability of Senators to campaign wouldn’t be impacted.

The Democrats need to spend the next year just collecting more evidence and releasing it to the public.

This Senate is not a credible jury anyway.

Inform the people and let them decide. Keep digging for information.
    That is what is known in common parlance as a "smear campaign." It's also "character assassination." I believe "mud-slinging" would also be applicable. :9:

Just so I'm clear, you are saying CBS News is a garbage source? You caught me using CBS News as a source? Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.
    Clearly that is not what she is saying.

1. Who did the poll? CBS is just reporting it, right?

2. It is a bad poll. We all would rather congress be doing something else. Healthcare reform, infrastructure, etc. So, it will yield a negative result.

It is like asking 1500 random Americans if theyd rather get $1,000,000 today, tax free, or work hard for $30k/year.

Uh, the million.

"Polling results show Americans don't want to work hard"

They are moving fast because the Democratic Presidential candidates want it done by the end of the year so they can be out campaigning.

The Republicans did the same thing with Hillary. It was all about damaging her for the election.

You must be thrilled then that the dems are doing this, given that you think it will backfire on them.

I have to say, I'm rather surprised to see a Republican admit this about the Hillary email investigation, considering it worked.

That is what is known in common parlance as a "smear campaign." It's also "character assassination." I believe "mud-slinging" would also be applicable. :9:

Im not sure why you would say that about wanting more investigation into the administration and some Republican members of Congress colluding in a scheme to coerce a foreign country into making public statements that would help them politically.

The only potential smear campaign here was against Joe Biden.

Sigh. That survey question. I said that repeatedly. That survey question. Now you’re just trolling.

Clearly that is not what she is saying.

1. Who did the poll? CBS is just reporting it, right?

2. It is a bad poll. We all would rather congress be doing something else. Healthcare reform, infrastructure, etc. So, it will yield a negative result.

It is like asking 1500 random Americans if theyd rather get $1,000,000 today, tax free, or work hard for $30k/year.

Uh, the million.

"Polling results show Americans don't want to work hard"
    So it's not good to know if the public would rather Congress be doing something else than impeachment? What if the majority said they would rather them focus on impeachment? Would it still be a bad poll?

Last edited:
    Im not sure why you would say that about wanting more investigation into the administration and some Republican members of Congress colluding in a scheme to coerce a foreign country into making public statements that would help them politically.

The only potential smear campaign here was against Joe Biden.
    Not if it’s all true.
    If the intent is to NOT actually seek an impeachment and criminal indictment, but only to poison the waters of a sitting Presiden's re-election bid, then it's a smear campaign.

So it's not good to know if the public would rather Congress be doing something else than impeachment? What if the majority said they would rather them focus on impeachment? Would it srill be a bad poll?

Do you genuinely not understand how the question, as presented in the clip, is fundamentally flawed?

If the intent is to NOT actually seek an impeachment and criminal indictment, but only to poison the waters of a sitting Presiden's re-election bid, then it's a smear campaign.

The goal is to have the record as complete as possible.

Nunez being in contact with Rudy and the indicted Ukrainian could mean this is much more that what we are currently thinking about.

Nunez, Pompeo, Mick, Rick Perry, John Bolton are just a few of the people we need to see testify.

We need more of the truth. No one should be opposed to that.

Last edited:
    Did the Democrats really think that the putting forward a witness that reminds the public that they have become the party of intersectionality would be a good thing for them?

Do either of you have any opinions about what they said today?

That’s kind of the point.
    I think bringing Donald Trump's son up in a somewhat derogatory spirit shows the sort of class (or really lack thereof) of Professor Karlan. Aside from that, I thought she was mostly wrong.

I think bringing Donald Trump's son up in a somewhat derogatory spirit shows the sort of class (or really lack thereof) of Professor Karlan. Aside from that, I thought she was mostly wrong.

Could you explain about what and how she was wrong? That’s kind of the point.

I feel her mentioning Barron at all was a terrible mistake, and it is going to be a useful tool to anyone interested in discrediting her.

Her words either stand on their own or they do not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom