The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Does the speaking in Spanish pandering, or when in the south and a politician uses a cringe worthy southern accent actually work on some people? Do some people (it has to be a very small amount) see this and think it is genuine and changes or reinforces their views on that candidate?

This is a clip from Bloomberg news done in 2015 about HRC.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/joe-b...ed-despite-iowa-new-hampshire-primary-losses/
    This is Biden doing the 'no ways tired' thingy.

I know that I am a very cynical person and I don't trust or like any politician but I just don't see how this works on some people but then again, I still hold a hate grudge on Dennis Quaid:

LAS VEGAS — Mike Bloomberg is privately lobbying Democratic Party officials and donors allied with his moderate opponents to flip their allegiance to him — and block Bernie Sanders — in the event of a brokered national convention.

The effort, largely executed by Bloomberg’s senior state-level advisers in recent weeks, attempts to prime Bloomberg for a second-ballot contest at the Democratic National Convention in July by poaching supporters of Joe Biden and other moderate Democrats, according to two Democratic strategists familiar with the talks and unaffiliated with Bloomberg.

Does the speaking in Spanish pandering, or when in the south and a politician uses a cringe worthy southern accent actually work on some people? Do some people (it has to be a very small amount) see this and think it is genuine and changes or reinforces their views on that candidate?

This is a clip from Bloomberg news done in 2015 about HRC.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/joe-b...ed-despite-iowa-new-hampshire-primary-losses/
    This is Biden doing the 'no ways tired' thingy.

I know that I am a very cynical person and I don't trust or like any politician but I just don't see how this works on some people but then again, I still hold a hate grudge on Dennis Quaid:

Sometimes it just happens by accident. However, I'm sure Clinton was at least a bit calculating about it.

When I was in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, I'd catch myself saying Hockey less like Hackee, and more like Houkey. Oh yah, dere. dontcha know...

When I move the Metry and worked in New Orleans, I started saying "Yeah you right" and all kinds of other phrases.

In Florida I've reverted more to my bland Midwestern accent. But if I talk to certain folks, it modulates a bit.

Clinton was born and raised in Arkansas, right? Some people lose their accents when they move away and some don’t. My paternal grandmother never lost her very thick German accent, even after living in this country for 40 years. My dad had zero accent by adulthood.

Some people pick up accents easily and some don’t, when they move into an area with a distinct dialect.

But, sure, lets blame Hillary for her accent or lack thereof. It’s totally cool. 🤦‍♀️

The main problem that I see is that Democrats pretended that the "cages" were all Trump's idea and hysterically acted like he was cruel.
    No, they didn't.

Republicans deliberately reacted as if they did. As usual, they reduced and spun an argument against Trump (or any Republican) into something they could attack, restated this incorrect argument over and over, and those without the ability to think critically ate it up and accepted it with no question.

No, they didn't.

Republicans deliberately reacted as if they did. As usual, they reduced and spun an argument against Trump (or any Republican) into something they could attack, restated this incorrect argument over and over, and those without the ability to think critically ate it up and accepted it with no question.
    Sounds familiar.

Clinton was born and raised in Arkansas, right? Some people lose their accents when they move away and some don’t. My paternal grandmother never lost her very thick German accent, even after living in this country for 40 years. My dad had zero accent by adulthood.

Some people pick up accents easily and some don’t, when they move into an area with a distinct dialect.

But, sure, lets blame Hillary for her accent or lack thereof. It’s totally cool. 🤦‍♀️

Hillary was born and raised in Chicago, if I'm not mistaken.

Hillary was born and raised in Chicago, if I'm not mistaken.
    Yeah after law school she moved to Arkansas. So like the early 70s. So she lives in the south for about 20 years before moving to the white house.

It really doesn't matter one way or another.

It just seems like certain people can't get her out of their heads. She is certainly irrelevant at this point.

Talk about the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it....

“the President is bribing enemies of the state (allegedly)....”

“Yeah, well, Hillary faked an accent!”

Last edited:
    No, they didn't.

What? Joe Biden lied about this in front of a national audience in September:

What's worse is that, to the best of my knowledge he has never been challenged on the Obama administration's construction and use of the "cages" during a debate. Hell, in the clip I attached it was Biden himself who brought up the cage issue - by saying that, unlike Trump, they did not cage anyone or sperate families.

Now why would he do that knowing how vulnerable he is on that issue? Because he knows it is not just his lie, it's the Democrat's lie. None of the other candidates, who all want the nomination, really want to go after Biden because they don't want to risk losing that talking point against Trump.

Given how outraged the Democrats have pretended to be about Trump and the "cages," the other candidates should be going at Biden at least as hard as Warren did on Bloomberg about his NDA's. But they don't.

His point is snark. Usually.

Oh come on, he puts forth good effort in trying to have a decent conversation. I think you are just a little embarrassed that you actually defended Hillary on her fake southern accent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom