The Church of QAnon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    So, there is a tidbit on the news feed from Snopes about an article they reposted from another site called The Conversation (straight repost, Snopes doesn't fact-check or comments on it); that article has a link to another article in the Atlantic about QAnon. It is a long read (it's The Atlantic), but it is interesting and scary at the same time. While the power of religion is still very widespread across the globe (or flat Earth, if you are one of those other nut cases :hihi: ) it never ceases to amaze me not only the willingness, but the desire of some people to be lead by the nose.

QAnon is a very dangerous mixture of religion and political conspiracy theory, made even more dangerous by certain GOP politicians and Q+ giving them legitimacy, whether they believe in it, or just doing it to benefit from the stupidity of some people, which is worse.

Yet another reason why we need to make sure those clowns don't remain in power and continue to legitimize this shirt, and shirt like this.

Had I've been alive during the 7th century, I'd be having flashbacks.

What is a 'christian wacko'?

Someone who believes in faith rather than or instead of science would be my rather simple definition....

I knew this girl when I was a kid. We grew up together. As she got older, she got into politics and then went to a liberal arts college. She became very liberal. It was sad. She now drives a VW bug, paints landscapes and doesn't shave. It makes me very sad. She also does not love Jesus and that is what worries me the most. I think I might just have to delete her from my life all together because she doesn't think like me anymore. I will miss my sister.

False equivalency much? does not love Jesus much? Good one....and BTW there are wacko sects of almost all religions....does she rant on and on about how there is going to be a religious and cultural revolution and it could get very violent and how she is so well armed and ready when it happens? Oh and Trump is going to be giving them signs to inform them of when/where and exactly who the enemy is....

I mean the point i was trying to make is it is sad when someone you remember very fondly goes off the deep end.

Nice try?

Just read about this. Too bad she deleted the tweets where she mentioned it, but theres probably some kind of tweet archive website if I really wanted to bother.
    I went to her campaign site and she has a video up there, and I tried to listen to it.
    "thank you to all the Q team" at the 19:28 mark, but I got bored and didn't bother watching the rest of it.

What is a 'christian wacko'?

Well, if you ask me...

... but I think it is safe to say, in no particular order of relevance, and not limited to this list, someone who believes in one or more of the following:
    • the Bible is 100% fact.
    • young Earth creationism.
    • takes more faith to believe in evolution than god.
    • the U.S. Constitution should be replaced with the Bible.
    • that some guy shouting random sounds into a microphone is speaking in some ancient tongue.
    • that said guy shouting random sounds into a microphone is going to push them backwards and cure them of cancer.
    • giving money to churches will buy them a plot in heaven.
    • Israel is holy.
    • doesn't vaccinate their kids or get/give blood transfusions because Jesus.
    • atheists worship the devil or are mad at Jesus.
    • handles poisonous snakes simply to prove Jesus protects them.
    • Kenneth Copeland does in fact need a 4th jet.
    • Trump was sent by Yahweh himself.
    • the religious crap spewed in a 4chan channel by someone who calls themselves "Q"

I got more, but I think that paints a good picture.

Last edited:
    Someone who believes in faith rather than or instead of science would be my rather simple definition....

False equivalency much? does not love Jesus much? Good one....and BTW there are wacko sects of almost all religions....does she rant on and on about how there is going to be a religious and cultural revolution and it could get very violent and how she is so well armed and ready when it happens? Oh and Trump is going to be giving them signs to inform them of when/where and exactly who the enemy is....

I mean the point i was trying to make is it is sad when someone you remember very fondly goes off the deep end.

Nice try?
    She does not. She is not a member or ANTIFA. :)

Seriously, my false equivalency post was mostly a tongue in cheek post. I do get what you are saying. However, I am finding more and more lately (maybe I wasn't paying attention) that political beliefs are becoming a form of religion on their own (yes, both sides), in the way they are followed and also so passionately defended (no I won't go fetch and provide an example because you can look anywhere on this site, any board and see if for yourself.)

Well, if you ask me...

... but I think it is safe to say, in no particular order of relevance, and not limited to this list, someone who believes in one or more of the following:
    • the Bible is 100% fact.
    • young Earth creationism.
    • takes more faith to believe in evolution than god.
    • the U.S. Constitution should be replaced with the Bible.
    • that some guy shouting random sounds into a microphone is speaking in some ancient tongue.
    • that said guy shouting random sounds into a microphone is going to push them backwards and cure them of cancer.
    • giving money to churches will buy them a plot in heaven.
    • Israel is holy.
    • doesn't vaccinate their kids or get/give blood transfusions because Jesus.
    • atheists worship the devil or are mad at Jesus.
    • handles poisonous snakes simply to prove Jesus protects them.
    • Kenneth Copeland does in fact need a 4th jet.
    • Trump was sent by Yahweh himself.
    • the religious crap spewed in a 4chan channel by someone who calls themselves "Q"

I got more, but I think that paints a good picture.

The state of Israel or Jerusalem and the land of Israel?

I am not overly religious. I am Catholic and semi-practice (Easter, Christmas, you know, the playoff games). I was an Atheist, I think at one point in college- hard to recall.
    I admire someone that devotes their lives to a greater calling, this can be towards, your God, your religion (any religion-with reason), your country, your community in the name of making this world a better place.
    With all that being said, I can tell you that I know of no one that fits on that list- although, I do know those churches that handle snakes and speak in tongue but I don't know a single person that attends those churches, but they must exist.
    I asked for the what qualifies a 'wacko christian' and by the list provided I tend to agree. I was hoping that the label 'wacko' was to be a broad brush to paint all Christians or religious people and that seems not to be the case. Thanks for the reply.

I knew this girl when I was a kid. We grew up together. As she got older, she got into politics and then went to a liberal arts college. She became very liberal. It was sad. She now drives a VW bug, paints landscapes and doesn't shave. It makes me very sad. She also does not love Jesus and that is what worries me the most. I think I might just have to delete her from my life all together because she doesn't think like me anymore. I will miss my sister.

You have her #? Asking for........................me.

I asked for the what qualifies a 'wacko christian' and by the list provided I tend to agree. I was hoping that the label 'wacko' was to be a broad brush to paint all Christians or religious people and that seems not to be the case. Thanks for the reply.

Of course not, my wife is a devout Catholic...even if I thought she was a Christian wacko I would never say so :)

I'm sure somewhere there may be a group of democrats that are religious wackos....but do you honestly think it rises to the level of those groups on the republican side? Not in my experience....but, hey, I'm only speaking for me here....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom