The Biden Cabinet and Transition Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Ok the rules:
    • Your post can only contain one department and guess.
    • You may post more than once for different departments.
    • Post can contain comments about previous guesses.
    • Guesses for one department can be used for other departments.
    • Minds can, of course, be changed.
    I will kick things off first...

Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Susan_Rice_official_photo.jpg

This is as clear a choice as there can be. She has all of the credentials and rep to begin healing as relationships with our allies.

I can't believe (Ok, the cynic in me can) that the Senate still hasn't worked out the rules, so Republicans are still in charge of committees. This is beyond stupid.

This was surprising to me also, Schumer needs to throw a fit behind the scenes and get this done. ASAP, they are letting McConnell stall far too long.

This was surprising to me also, Schumer needs to throw a fit behind the scenes and get this done. ASAP, they are letting McConnell stall far too long.

Schumer and McConnell already announced the agreement a week ago. Wonder why they haven't held the vote to move forward. Just crazy.

So I read on Twitter that there is a time limit, and McConnell is just stalling until the time limit is reached. As usual, cynical and shameless to his core and his tiny little black heart.

So I read on Twitter that there is a time limit, and McConnell is just stalling until the time limit is reached. As usual, cynical and shameless to his core and his tiny little black heart.

So when does the time limit expire than? I'll just wait until that happens.

Schumer and McConnell already announced the agreement a week ago. Wonder why they haven't held the vote to move forward. Just crazy.

The organizing resolution was held up for more than a week over a disagreement about whether or not Democrats had to promise in writing that they wouldn't blow up the filibuster. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he was done holding up that process after moderate Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, said they had no plans to vote to eliminate the filibuster anytime soon.
    While the talks have been productive and they are close to an agreement, they have dragged on among staff. The initial fight over the filibuster delayed important talks over other procedural and weedy negotiations. The hope and expectation was that the agreement would look very similar to the power sharing agreement of 2001, but that 2001 agreement only lasted a few months and there are some operational changes that had to be made. It's taking time, maybe even longer than it should, but aides say they are close. It could be finished as soon as Tuesday.
    The lack of an agreement is beginning to affect the way the Senate is run.

Just a few minutes ago

If Graham gives up Judiciary, maybe we can get a vote on Garland sooner rather than later. Wonder why Graham is so resistant to getting an AG in place? 🙄

Last edited:
    Just a few minutes ago

If Graham gives up Judiciary, maybe we can get a vote on Garland sooner rather than later. Wonder why Graham is so resistant to getting an AG in place? 🙄

Because they can... he's doing the little he can to make democrats pay a political price for having impeachment, after their vote to expel it on constitutional grounds failed.

Some more help on the labor side. They rolled back a bunch of trump era decisions too.

Please tell me the West, TX first responder notification has been restored.
    Refusing to push back against Trump on that one was one of the first clues that the GOP had dropped to their collective knees for President Treasonweasel.

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he is opposing President Biden's nominee to run the Office of Management and Budget, Neera Tanden. The White House is standing by the nomination even as Manchin's opposition makes it more precarious.

Manchin cited negative comments about Republicans that Tanden made while running the left-leaning think tank Center for American Progress. The social media remarks have been scrutinized, largely on the right, since her nomination.

"I believe her overtly partisan statements will have a toxic and detrimental impact on the important working relationship between members of Congress and the next director of the Office of Management and Budget. For this reason, I cannot support her nomination," said Manchin, who has a history of breaking with his party.

I'd like to say I admire Manchin's stance on this matter, but I don't. There's is not a single example of his fellow Senators across the aisle doing what he is doing, if they showed the same type of integrity, then his actions would be welcomed. We all know that gesture will not be returned and he should know that as well. If I was Tanden, I would just walk away.

So, Garland has yet to be confirmed along with other important DOJ positions. In the middle of an investigation into a huge act of domestic terrorism against Congress and the Constitution, Rs see fit to play games with the DOJ leadership.

I'd like to say I admire Manchin's stance on this matter, but I don't. There's is not a single example of his fellow Senators across the aisle doing what he is doing, if they showed the same type of integrity, then his actions would be welcomed. We all know that gesture will not be returned and he should know that as well. If I was Tanden, I would just walk away.

This is some days late, but I read that Tanden withdrew herself from consideration

About 5 years too late...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom