The Biden Cabinet and Transition Thread (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
Ok the rules:
  • Your post can only contain one department and guess.
  • You may post more than once for different departments.
  • Post can contain comments about previous guesses.
  • Guesses for one department can be used for other departments.
  • Minds can, of course, be changed.
I will kick things off first...

Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Susan_Rice_official_photo.jpg

This is as clear a choice as there can be. She has all of the credentials and rep to begin healing as relationships with our allies.

OP
GrandAdmiral

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
Janet Yellen for Treasury Secretary and Gen Lloyd Austin for SecDef both confirmed this morning. So far so good. Near unanimous on both positions.

Yellen's not confirmed yet. She only cleared committee to get to the floor.

Eeyore

Reaction score
Biden wasted 0 seconds on making changes on the labor end. Hopefully, he isn't done.

DJ1BigTymer

Yo! We got some hats now...
Reaction score

Safe to assume that the treasonous Sen Hawley will be a no to all.

Thursday's votes cleared the way for final confirmation in the Senate. Friday's vote was 93-2. Republican Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Josh Hawley of Missouri were the only two no votes.

I actually agree with Mitch "Made" McConnell:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Friday that the Senate should "pause and reflect" on the fact that Congress has granted waivers to both the Trump and Biden administrations to confirm defense secretaries.
"The law that we keep waiving actually exists for a good reason," McConnell said. "Civilian control of the military is a fundamental principle of our republic. We emphatically do not want high-ranking military service to become a tacit prerequisite for civilian leadership posts over the Department of Defense."

In case you were wondering, Sen Lee was a yes on both the waiver and confirmation of Gen Mattis.

DaveXA

Reaction score

Safe to assume that the treasonous Sen Hawley will be a no to all.

I actually agree with Mitch "Made" McConnell:

In case you were wondering, Sen Lee was a yes on both the waiver and confirmation of Gen Mattis.

Man, I hope Hawley gets booted out of the Senate. He's awful.

OP
GrandAdmiral

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score

zztop

Reaction score
President-elect Joe Biden has chosen Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine to be his assistant secretary of health, setting her up to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the Senate.

Levine, a pediatrician and former Pennsylvania physician general, will serve as the top deputy to Health and Human Services Secretary-designee Xavier Becerra.

“Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond,” Biden said in a press release. “She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration’s health efforts.”

(well that didn't take long)

State Rep. Jeff Pyle, a Republican from Armstrong and Indiana counties in western Pennsylvania, said on Facebook that he “had no idea” the post mocking Levine “would be ... received as poorly as it was” but that “tens of thousands of heated emails assured me it was.”

“I owe an apology and I offer it humbly,” Pyle said, not specifically apologizing to Levine or other transgender people, but later repeating an apology “to all affected.”

cuddlemonkey

Well-known monkey
Reaction score
(well that didn't take long)

State Rep. Jeff Pyle, a Republican from Armstrong and Indiana counties in western Pennsylvania, said on Facebook that he “had no idea” the post mocking Levine “would be ... received as poorly as it was” but that “tens of thousands of heated emails assured me it was.”

“I owe an apology and I offer it humbly,” Pyle said, not specifically apologizing to Levine or other transgender people, but later repeating an apology “to all affected.”

“From this situation I have learned to not poke fun at people different than me and to hold my tongue. Be a bigger man,” he wrote.

I'm so glad he learned this lesson at age- checks Wikipedia- 56.

PartTimeLurker

Reaction score
Pyle is only apologizing because his actions upset people. I doubt he understands why he got push back and therefore doesn't really know why it is he should be apologizing.

Last edited:

Booker

Reaction score
Looks like a good place for this. We have dogs back in the White House!

1611597968361.png

1611597984393.png

1611597996637.png

wardorican

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom