The Biden Cabinet and Transition Thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Ok the rules:
    • Your post can only contain one department and guess.
    • You may post more than once for different departments.
    • Post can contain comments about previous guesses.
    • Guesses for one department can be used for other departments.
    • Minds can, of course, be changed.
    I will kick things off first...

Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Susan_Rice_official_photo.jpg

This is as clear a choice as there can be. She has all of the credentials and rep to begin healing as relationships with our allies.

Perhaps Abrams was asked but she told them she was more focused on running for office like taking another shot at governor of Georgia. It could also be a 'marketing' thing, too. Granted, I have heard Harrison speak way more than I've heard Abrams speak (mostly because I paid more attention to the SC Senate race than I did the GA Governor's race in 2018) but he's really good at painting a narrative for change and appealing to rural voters.

I wouldn't say I'm very disappointed. It's a solid lineup, but for the life of me, I don't know why Stacey is not at the top of that list. There must be something else that she or they have planned for her. No way they just completely snubbed her.

I really hope so. Taking a shot at Kemp might be her plan.

I wouldn't say I'm very disappointed. It's a solid lineup, but for the life of me, I don't know why Stacey is not at the top of that list. There must be something else that she or they have planned for her. No way they just completely snubbed her.
    I really hope so. Taking a shot at Kemp might be her plan.

I truly hope so as well. She is primarily responsible for not only handing Biden Georgia in November, but handing him the Senate majority this month.

Also consider that Harrison, being from South Carolina, has virtually no shot at any statewide office whereas Abrams has a pretty good chance of winning in 2022 -- that could have been a factor, too. It's a way to keep Harrison in an official capacity engaging voters.

I like the Harrison pick but would rather Stacy .

I think this was pay to the king maker more than anything. Harrison worked for Clyburn right out of college and yes this is his direct path to Washington.

I think Stacy is eyes are looking a bit higher

I think it's hard to watch the SC Senate Debates and not think Harrison just gets it. He was fantastic with his messaging. It didn't matter because SC is mostly rural and the rural American divide is so great, but in places where messaging matters Harrison will be a brilliant person to give it. Perez in the media was a joke. Harrison is going to be a great messenger for Democratic ideals.

I don't like the Harrison pick. I guess he might be able to raise money? He just spent 100 million to lose by a wide margin.

I don't see it the same way.

I see it as a stronger democrat without a clear path to washington because of the state.

I see it like getting mayor pete to washington because lord knows a gay democratic candidates have no real shot in that red state.

I see it as a win but not the win we wanted.

I think it's hard to watch the SC Senate Debates and not think Harrison just gets it. He was fantastic with his messaging. It didn't matter because SC is mostly rural and the rural American divide is so great, but in places where messaging matters Harrison will be a brilliant person to give it. Perez in the media was a joke. Harrison is going to be a great messenger for Democratic ideals.

I don't see it the same way.

I see it as a stronger democrat without a clear path to washington because of the state.

I see it like getting mayor pete to washington because lord knows a gay democratic candidates have no real shot in that red state.

I see it as a win but not the win we wanted.

You guys are talking about personal narratives. Who cares about that? I want someone who can figure out how to register more voters then Republicans every cycle. Tom Perez couldn't get it done.

This isn't cabinet, but it is a transition.

Kamala Harris resigns today from the Senate.

Alex Padilla will replace her.

“Neither the President-elect, nor I, propose this relief package without an appreciation for the country’s debt burden. But right now, with interest rates at historic lows, the smartest thing we can do is act big,” Yellen says in her testimony. “In the long run, I believe the benefits will far outweigh the costs, especially if we care about helping people who have been struggling for a very long time.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom