Texas AG Ken Paxton impeached, suspended (updated) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

For clarification, what he apparently said was that he stopped a county from sending out mail in ballots to every registered voter because that was illegal.

I don’t know if it was or not, but the implication that he somehow blocked 2.5 million mail in ballots from being counted is misleading.
    Yes I know what he did. A lot of people on Twitter are mis-labeling it but I didn’t think I did.

Yes I know what he did. A lot of people on Twitter are mis-labeling it but I didn’t think I did.
    When he brags that what he did prevented Biden from winning, prevented Beto from winning, we should take what he said seriously. They weren’t mailing unsolicited ballots, they were going to mail the application for a mail ballot, and only to properly registered voters. He wasn’t trying to prevent voter fraud, he was (successfully) trying to prevent legal voters from voting. I read that turnout in Harris County was suppressed, so his mission was accomplished.

We shouldn’t minimize what he did, either.

So he stopped 2.5 million from voting vs "lost" 2.5 million ballots.

I suppose the fact that one is technically legal while the other is screamingly criminal counts for something.
    But at the end of the day, this traitorous swine is proud of silencing the voices of two and a half million citizens.
    Not necessarily. He (according to his statement) prevented 2.5 million people from being sent a mail in ballot application unrequested. Those people would still have been able to request a mail in ballot or vote in person.

It did, I suspect, affect the number of votes in that area.

Is there anyone other than himself he does give two shirts about what happens to them?
    Just saying there were a few posters saying or inferring that their were “diehard radicals” on the far-right would scream and shout down those Tx state Republicans trying to impeach him would somehow cower down and slink sway? My response was that their view on that matter was preposterous and silly, really. There’s far more TX state GOP lawmakers who are just so fed up with Paxton’s actions and misbehaviors that the minority fringe types can scream, shout, yell at the ceiling and sky but they don’t have the power and influence.

And when did I ever say Trump cared about anyone else but himself? What you’re saying has been no surprise to anyone since he glided down that escalator nearly 8 years ago at Trump Towers in NYC? Malignant narcissists don’t change.

Ken Paxton is sort of a mini-Trump microcosm in Texas. He’s been one of his biggest, stalwart defenders and supporters since his intention to run for President and his probable from grace is being viewed and covered by the MSM as a precursor to Trump’s likely political fall and numerous convictions.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas businessman at the center of the scandal that led to the historic impeachment of state Attorney General Ken Paxton was charged Friday with making false statements to mortgage lenders to obtain $172 million in loans.

The federal indictment of real estate developer Nate Paul is the result of a yearslong FBI investigation — a probe Paxton involved his office in, setting off a chain of events that led to a separate federal probe of the attorney general and his impeachment and suspension from office last month.

Paul was charged with eight counts of making false statements while seeking loans from mortgage lenders in the U.S. and Ireland. There was no mention of Paxton or the attorney general’s office during the hearing.……

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton was acquitted Saturday of all charges at a historic impeachment trial that divided Republicans over whether to remove a powerful defender of former President Donald Trump after years of scandal and criminal charges.

The verdict reaffirmed Paxton’s durability in America’s biggest red state and is a broader victory for Texas’ hard right after an extraordinary trial that put on display fractures within the GOP nationally heading into the 2024 elections. In the end, Paxton was fully cleared by Senate Republicans, who serve alongside his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton.

Angela Paxton was not allowed to vote. But she attended all two weeks of the trial, including the reading of the verdict, when all but two of her fellow 18 Republican senators consistently voted to acquit her husband on 16 impeachment articles that accused him of misconduct, bribery and corruption……

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton was acquitted Saturday of all charges at a historic impeachment trial that divided Republicans over whether to remove a powerful defender of former President Donald Trump after years of scandal and criminal charges.

The verdict reaffirmed Paxton’s durability in America’s biggest red state and is a broader victory for Texas’ hard right after an extraordinary trial that put on display fractures within the GOP nationally heading into the 2024 elections. In the end, Paxton was fully cleared by Senate Republicans, who serve alongside his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton.

Angela Paxton was not allowed to vote. But she attended all two weeks of the trial, including the reading of the verdict, when all but two of her fellow 18 Republican senators consistently voted to acquit her husband on 16 impeachment articles that accused him of misconduct, bribery and corruption……

I seem to have misplaced all of my shock. All I can find is a box labeled "eye rolls".

Like Republicans where ever going to hold one of their most corrupt politicians in history accountable for his corruption. Their leader is the orange gorilla, and he campaigned for the corrupt Peice of work to be acquitted.

The outcome was never in doubt.

Last edited:
    Like Republicans where ever going to hold one of their most corrupt politicians in history accountable for his corruption. Their leader is the orange gorilla, and he campaigned for the corrupt Peice of work to be acquitted.

The outcome was never in doubt.

I didn't know too much about all this so I looked some of it up. Each charge was voted on individually. There were 16 charges. there needed to be at least 1 of those 16 with a total of at least 21 votes for impeachment. In almost every charge, every republican but two, voted in favor of acquittal. Also, to my understanding, this does not clear him of the indictment for securities fraud since that he was charged with in 2015

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom