Tennessee legislature expels two black Democrats for gun-control demonstration on house floor (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    A third white female Democrat that joined in the demonstration was not expelled (saved by a single vote).

The Republicans argue that the demonstration for gun control to protest the Nashville school shooting was so out of order that it compels the members’ expulsion.

I started a thread because this development is now about something different, not the gun debate.

The expulsion proceedings threatened to strip more than 200,000 Tennesseans of their elected representation and mark just the fourth time since the end of the Civil War in which the House ousted sitting lawmakers. No House member has ever been removed from elected office for simply violating decorum rules.

It’s a rule - and it seems it’s up to the Speaker how it is enforced. Hint: he plays heavy favorites with all the rules. The people of TN need to step up.

He objected to a bill by pointing out other needs for schools other than putting armed guards in them. The Speaker said he was “off-topic” but that seems extremely flimsy.

R's claim to be defenders of free speech, they are the opposite..

There's now also video of the Speaker, Cameron Sexton, pushing Justin Pearson and wagging a finger in his face. I eagerly await the vote to expel Sexton for his violations of decorum.

There's now also video of the Speaker, Cameron Sexton, pushing Justin Pearson and wagging a finger in his face. I eagerly await the vote to expel Sexton for his violations of decorum.

Obviously Sexton and his colleagues are tired of telling Pearson to know his role and shut his mouth.

They wish it was the good ole days when America was great. This wouldn't be so hard for them to handle.
    I think they also wish this was the good old days when there weren't smart phones recording everything. Back when America was great, it was a lot easier for them to get away with lying about what actually happened.

And they are doubling down against these moms from the conservative Christian school - who have apparently become Marxists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom