Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brennan77

Reaction score
    Perhaps but I’m saying Stern’s tweet misrepresents the section of the draft opinion. It does not call those rights “phony”. The same list includes the right against involuntary surgery.
    So involuntary birth is different in his eyes? I propose every man is available for forced blood donation and/or bone marrow donation at any time the government deems it necessary. Men will still get off easy. See how men like having their bodies regulated by the government.

And the right wing is asking the FBI to seize all the computers immediately, like now, and do an interrogation of all the Justices and their clerks. Good lord, I don’t want to hear that women are over-reacting to this. Egged on by hot takes like this gem.

Court packing wouldn't solve anything and only spur an endless downward cycle of additional Justices being added whenever power changed hands.

It'll never happen, but I think age limits should be in place. I dislike the idea of old, set in their ways 70+ year olds sitting around and making decisions to affect the rest of the country for decades. What do they care if they'll tear shirt part? They won't be around much longer to see what happens in the years to come

I don't get this? What good is Roe vs. Wade if individual states can remove a women's right? Didn't the SCOTUS say abortion was a constitutional right?

So involuntary birth is different in his eyes? I propose every man is available for forced blood donation and/or bone marrow donation at any time the government deems it necessary. Men will still get off easy. See how men like having their bodies regulated by the government.

Alito is the worst.

Just posting these here:

I also read that in the leaked opinion, Alito also specifically singles out several other precedents that he says should not be, chief among them single sex marriage.

There's no end to the wrath of right wing extremism all around this country. This court isn't stopping at abortion. By the time they finish, all kind of individual rights will have been eroded. The slide to authoritarianism is in full swing. And yet, the citizens of this country are by all prognostication, ready to give them back power. It's Orwellian and yet completely predictable.

Last edited:
    There now end to the wrath of right wing extremism all around this country. This court isn't stopping at abortion. By the time they finish, all kind of individual rights will have been eroded.
    The side to authoritarianism is in full swing. And yet, the citizens of this country are by all prognostication are ready to give them back power. It's Orwellian and yet completely predictable.
    Scary.

It’s shocking really, has it ever happened before?
    First I've heard of it. I'm assuming the Supreme Court has a fairly extended circulation period such that it is not uncommon for the authoring Justice to release a draft several weeks (if not months) in advance of any targeted opinion release date. I get that it's a bombshell in terms of a change in jurisprudence but leaking it is staggering breach of protocol.

First I've heard of it. I'm assuming the Supreme Court has a fairly extended circulation period such that it is not uncommon for the authoring Justice to release a draft several weeks (if not months) in advance of any targeted opinion release date. I get that it's a bombshell in terms of a change in jurisprudence but leaking it is staggering breach of protocol.
    Yeah. Someone is definitely losing a job. But I don't know of any law prohibiting such thing. Is there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom