Student Loan Forgiveness (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rumors floating around is that today President Biden will be canceling a portion of student loans. That’s fine and all, but what’s your take on it? If it truly is only $10k in forgiveness, is that enough to make much of an impact? Is student loan forgiveness just tax payer funded student loan bribery?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

unless the bailout is "for what the gov't caused" right?
    If the government seizes your personal property, now I know you are a big government guy, so I really don't really expect you to understand this, they are required to reimburse you, are they not?
    So you are using the wrong word, but you know that, it is just your tired argument doesn't work if you have to use actual correct language. Probably why the left has to change most definitions in order for their ideology to even make a little sense, which it still does not.

Question, how was your employment during covid?

To quote Lisa Simpson: It's apt. Apt!

If it's not your cup of tea, though, how about this one: It's the same as saying low-income workers don't deserve raises until we fix the minimum wage issue.
    No, it is not. You are really bad at analogies.

"I know you are but what am I?" Really? lmao
    Ok, how about this, does the low income worker 'deserve' a raise just based on his income or do they actually have to 'deserve' the raise?

That is why you cannot compare another social issue to the ROI of a personal decision that the public is now on the hook to cover.

Ok, how about this, does the low income worker 'deserve' a raise just based on his income or do they actually have to 'deserve' the raise?

That is why you cannot compare another social issue to the ROI of a personal decision that the public is now on the hook to cover.

The former does not preclude the latter. It's quite possible to deserve a merit-based raise while also deserving to make a living wage while working a full-time job.

The former does not preclude the latter. It's quite possible to deserve a merit-based raise while also deserving to make a living wage while working a full-time job.
    Why do they 'deserve' to make a living wage working a job that is not intended to be a 'living wage' job? There are some jobs that are meant to be worked by teens and students for side money and to 'learn' to be employed.

While we are at it, what exactly is a living wage? Like the dollar amount? Or is this talking point another issue that sounds great on the campaign trail but it actually has no definition (like woman)? The left loves doing that. Destroy something with nothing that will actually work to put in its place.
    Have you noticed that since the 'living wage' or $15 and hour became a thing, you are seeing a lot more automation to offset that?

Why do they 'deserve' to make a living wage working a job that is not intended to be a 'living wage' job? There are some jobs that are meant to be worked by teens and students for side money and to 'learn' to be employed.

While we are at it, what exactly is a living wage?

Minimum wage was always intended by FDR to be a living wage.

"In my Inaugural I laid down the simple proposition that nobody is going to starve in this country. It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By "business" I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry; by workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as well as the men in overalls; and by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level-I mean the wages of decent living."

Like the dollar amount? Or is this talking point another issue that sounds great on the campaign trail but it actually has no definition (like woman)?

There is no set dollar amount as it varies from place to place. You always seem to try to boil every issue down to a binary choice when they are complex issues that require complex solutions.

The left loves doing that. Destroy something with nothing that will actually work to put in its place.

If you can't tell your left from your right, maybe you shouldn't be in this conversation.

Have you noticed that since the 'living wage' or $15 and hour became a thing, you are seeing a lot more automation to offset that?

Automation has been increasing as technology increases. A $15 minimum wage hasn't broken any economies yet and it doesn't look like it will.

student loan.jpg

Please don't fill out this petition with bogus information

I've also read some states plan to tax the loan forgiveness, which seems really strange

The suit, filed Monday by the Job Creators Network Foundation, argues the Biden administration violated federal procedures by failing to seek public input on the program. It’s one of a handful of lawsuits that have been filed by conservative business groups, attorneys and Republican lawmakers in recent weeks as the Biden administration tries to push forward with its plan to cancel billions in debt before November’s midterm elections.

I've also read some states plan to tax the loan forgiveness, which seems really strange

The suit, filed Monday by the Job Creators Network Foundation, argues the Biden administration violated federal procedures by failing to seek public input on the program. It’s one of a handful of lawsuits that have been filed by conservative business groups, attorneys and Republican lawmakers in recent weeks as the Biden administration tries to push forward with its plan to cancel billions in debt before November’s midterm elections.

They judge shopped affectively, they will get their stay on the student loan forgiveness from that judge.

BRB, going to stick Farb with the $300,000 debt for my graduate degree in gay female alpaca veterinary studies.
    What a coincidence, we have the same degree... what are the odds? I guess i need to stick him with mine too..
    Anyone want to take the over/under on how many "conservatives" that are against this will be some of the first to sign up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom