States may move to keep Trump off the ballot based on 14th Amendment disqualification (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Section 3 of the 14th Amendment:

1692502254516.png

There is a growing movement in some states to conclude that Trump is already disqualified under the 14th Amendment and they may remove him from the ballot. This would set-up legal challenges from Trump that could end up at the SCOTUS.

The 14A disqualification doesn’t have any procedural requirements, it simply says that a person that does those things can’t serve in those offices. It a state says it applies to Trump, it would then be on Trump to show that it didn’t (either because what he didn’t doesn’t amount to the prohibited conduct, or that president isn’t an “officer” as intended by the amendment).

States are in charge of the ballots and can make eligibility determinations that are subject to appeal - there is actually a fairly interesting body of cases over the years with ballot challenges in federal court.

More on the legal argument in favor of this:

Last edited:
    What this whole clusterfork tells me is that the Dems should have brought this up Day One. If they had, it would've been adjudicated while they still had a majority in Congress and Cheato would be twisting in the wind right now.

The problem with Democrats is that they consistently fail to accomplish what they say they will. The problem with Republicans is that they do.

Hillary and her minions like Charles Dolan made up the Trump is a Russian agent narrative that the corrupt FBI ran with and launched an investigation. Obama was briefed by Brennan about Hillary's plan. This was all done to try to get Trump removed and/or hamstring his Administration so he would be unable to focus on his agenda because he would be tied up I'm investigations.
    This is all wild speculation completely devoid of proof or facts. It is a narrative spun by partisans to cover up the cesspool that is Trump.

That you cannot see the difference between an armed mob descending on the Capitol and breaking in, trashing the seat of government, threatening to kill the VP and MOC, and beating police tells us everything we need to know. Actually, that you know Trump attempted to remain in power after losing an election and you still support him, is evidence that you don’t believe in the concept of our government.

The fact that you decry the investigations into Trump, and defend the investigations into Biden prove you are hopelessly partisan and have no other guiding principle in your life other than partisanship.

This is all wild speculation completely devoid of proof or facts. It is a narrative spun by partisans to cover up the cesspool that is Trump.
    A Democratic PR executive and ally of the Clinton family who contributed information to the infamous Steele dossier said Thursday that he made up the sourcing of a claim that wound up in the discredited anti-Trump report.

Charles Dolan Jr., a former aide to Hillary Clinton, testified in John Durham’s trial against Igor Danchenko on Thursday that he heard a claim about Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign while watching TV and regurgitated it to Danchenko, telling him that he had heard it from a “GOP friend” over drinks.

“I actually got it off of cable news,” Dolan said, according to the Washington Times, adding that he was “trying to throw [Danchenko] a bone because he was helping me.”

The nugget of information was relayed to former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, and purportedly provided insight into why he had left the campaign. It made it into ex-British spy Christopher Steele’s dossier via Danchenko, despite the sourcing being completely fabricated.

Danchenko, a private researcher and former FBI informant, emailed Dolan in August 2016 informing him that he was working on a “project against Trump” and asked the Democratic operative for “any rumor, thought, or allegation” related to Manafort.

“Let me dig around on Manafort,” Dolan responded, later emailing Danchenko the lie that he “had a drink with a GOP friend of mine” who told him Corey Lewandowski, who previously served as Trump’s campaign manager, “hates Manafort” and “is doing [a] dance” about Manafort’s resignation.

“I thought I’d embellish a bit,” Dolan said on the witness stand.

That you cannot see the difference between an armed mob descending on the Capitol and breaking in, trashing the seat of government, threatening to kill the VP and MOC, and beating police tells us everything we need to know. Actually, that you know Trump attempted to remain in power after losing an election and you still support him, is evidence that you don’t believe in the concept of our government.
    Says the person who doesn't think attacking a Portland Federal Courthouse fits with the Democrat Insurrection definition.
    The fact that you decry the investigations into Trump, and defend the investigations into Biden prove you are hopelessly partisan and have no other guiding principle in your life other than partisanship.
    The Democrat talking points are starting to glitch.

Last edited:
    A Democratic PR executive and ally of the Clinton family who contributed information to the infamous Steele dossier said Thursday that he made up the sourcing of a claim that wound up in the discredited anti-Trump report.

Charles Dolan Jr., a former aide to Hillary Clinton, testified in John Durham’s trial against Igor Danchenko on Thursday that he heard a claim about Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign while watching TV and regurgitated it to Danchenko, telling him that he had heard it from a “GOP friend” over drinks.

“I actually got it off of cable news,” Dolan said, according to the Washington Times, adding that he was “trying to throw [Danchenko] a bone because he was helping me.”

The nugget of information was relayed to former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, and purportedly provided insight into why he had left the campaign. It made it into ex-British spy Christopher Steele’s dossier via Danchenko, despite the sourcing being completely fabricated.

Danchenko, a private researcher and former FBI informant, emailed Dolan in August 2016 informing him that he was working on a “project against Trump” and asked the Democratic operative for “any rumor, thought, or allegation” related to Manafort.

“Let me dig around on Manafort,” Dolan responded, later emailing Danchenko the lie that he “had a drink with a GOP friend of mine” who told him Corey Lewandowski, who previously served as Trump’s campaign manager, “hates Manafort” and “is doing [a] dance” about Manafort’s resignation.

“I thought I’d embellish a bit,” Dolan said on the witness stand.

Says the person who doesn't think attacking a Portland Federal Courthouse fits with the Democrat Insurrection definition.

The Democrat talking points are starting to glitch.
    Your source is the NY Post? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Glitch? Explain how you think that investigating Trump was a political scam, and then turn around and defend the hapless and clueless investigation of Joe Biden? How do you square that except by pure partisanship?

Your source is the NY Post? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    That was from his testimony from the trial.

Swing and a miss on thinking just throwing out NY Post would discredit his actual testimony lol
    Glitch? Explain how you think that investigating Trump was a political scam, and then turn around and defend the hapless and clueless investigation of Joe Biden? How do you square that except by pure partisanship?
    Your DNC talking points are obvious to anyone who isn't a Democrat.

That was from his testimony from the trial.

Swing and a miss on thinking just throwing out NY Post would discredit his actual testimony lol

Your DNC talking points are obvious to anyone who isn't a Democrat.
    Your ability to avoid answering serious questions is unrivaled. It's impressive.

Your ability to avoid answering serious questions is unrivaled. It's impressive.
    He never ever answers any question that pokes a hole in his narrative. And all his accusations are but mere confessions of what he is doing. He will dodge a serious question for all he’s worth. He’s not engaging forthrightly, he’s just regurgitating talking points.

You probably still believe the Steele Dossier and the pee tape huh?

Is it illegal to communicate with Russians or to build a hotel in Russia?
    Dude, the Trump administration was crawling with Russian agents. To the Nations detriment, this type of convienent blindness is just what Lil’Donny depends on.🤔

What this whole clusterfork tells me is that the Dems should have brought this up Day One. If they had, it would've been adjudicated while they still had a majority in Congress and Cheato would be twisting in the wind right now.

The problem with Democrats is that they consistently fail to accomplish what they say they will. The problem with Republicans is that they do.
    And look at the wake of destruction they (GOP) leave in their path, something to rally around. 🤔 (not an accusation towards you) And before you are too hard on Democrats, progress is based on numbers in Congress, and keep in mind their ultimate fate falls back on the districts who make the choice of who to be represented by.

The only reason imo, the Republicans still exist as a force is because of self oriented suckers back home who think they can get something for nothing, and an abundance of co-conspirators seeking advantage at the group’s expense. This latter group of people, up to 1/3 of the country, represent the single largest threat to the future of the Nation as it was originally envisioned. We’ve made some moves towards that vision, but have a long way to go. The rest of, the majority must get engaged before liberals in Congress will be able to make the kind of changes that are needed.

Aileen Cannon is certainly doing her part.

I too believe there is a 2 tier justice system....just not the way you seem to think there is.
    How do you see the 2 tier system?

Surely you don't expect him to be rational and logical? Gave up on that a long time ago. Pretty much why I don't engage with him much.
    Except to call me 'dense', but yeah, thanks for not engaging me much.

right I mean this right here proves how accurate that article is.

For more than two years, the surveillance footage from the 2021 Capitol riot, aired this week by Tucker Carlson, was kept from the American public by a Democratic Congress so a false narrative became cemented in the public consciousness.

For more than two years, footage that could have exonerated Jan. 6 defendants was kept from their legal teams.

right I mean this right here proves how accurate that article is.

For more than two years, the surveillance footage from the 2021 Capitol riot, aired this week by Tucker Carlson, was kept from the American public by a Democratic Congress so a false narrative became cemented in the public consciousness.

For more than two years, footage that could have exonerated Jan. 6 defendants was kept from their legal teams.
    Yes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom