Sometimes you Gaetz karma (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

noose1.jpg

This assertion that it’s somehow wrong to have an opinion on a legal case until after a verdict reminds me of the guys on the football board who used to chide people who predicted a victory or looked ahead to a game two weeks away. 😁

Unless we’re actually playing in the game, “one game at a time” and “let’s not overlook a team” just doesn’t apply.

Apparently the origin of all of this is Greenberg attempting to smear his opponent in the tax collector election last year. He wrote a fake letter purporting to be from a former student of Greenberg's opponent Brian Beute. He also created a fake Facebook account accusing Beute of pedophilia and a twitter account that purports to be Beute himself that included various offensive, white-supremacist content.

Beute's lawyer urged state and federal officials to investigate and it didn't take them long to find all kinds of illegal activity Greenberg was involved in. And that led to Gaetz.

I love how the friend quoted in this article describes both men as "really smart". :LOL: There's some seriously dumb, sloppy shirt going on with these guys.

This whole thing is so crazy.

Gotta love the potential for Defensive Projection. haha.

Public is the default but it is easily toggled to private. When I first used it, I noticed my first transaction was public and I was like "what??" I almost deleted the app until I saw you can change it. I think it's weird for anyone to leave their stuff public but it's moronic to do transact shady business in public mode! Though Gaetz being sloppy isn't surprising.

The Daily Beast article says that it obtained Greenberg's transactions "through a source" (perhaps Greenberg's attorney), not sure about the rest.
    I know someone who has tenants pay their rent via Venmo. He said receiving payments for rent is like reading a facebook feed full of people making up lies covering their payments for drug deals.

I didn't say it regulates peoples opinions. I castigated some members here for jumping on a bandwagon, and saying he was guilty. I simply said that he was merely being investigated, and a grand jury had been empanelled. Heck.. he hasn't even been CHARGED yet.

You can have whatever opinions you want. But that doesn't disqualify ME from saying that your opinions are badly formed and premature.
    Oh, stop it with the victim routine. Regardless of the topic, you pick a position of willful ignorance, pretend like you don't understand obvious human behavior and that you can't access Google in the UK. You are allowed to have your opinion and speculate however much or little you want about anything you like, and so are the rest of us. And many of us choose to use our life's experience, the evidence we're aware of and common friggin sense to judge anyone we want. We don't need your permission or approval.

Does the fact that you seemingly never have anyone in agreement with your positions ever make you sit back and take a look at them - and ultimately yourself? I mean, I get that your schtick since signing up here is to play devil's advocate to any and everything that a majority of those who aren't in the MAGA cult think but when you take it to the point of completely disregarding reality and routinely posting SHOCKED questions/positions and ask if whatever is so shocking is true when you could have just done a search, you're not looking for actual discussion. You're looking to waste people's time by playing games.

Why I'm bothering with this post, I do not know. You're still going to continue playing your games and people will keep entertaining you.

I know someone who has tenants pay their rent via Venmo. He said receiving payments for rent is like reading a facebook feed full of people making up lies covering their payments for drug deals.
    I have a CoWorker who isn't married, but him and his girlfriend have been living together for about 5 years. They have separate checking accounts, So they are always sending money back and forth to each other using Venmo. When i use Venmo, your contacts usually show up on the public trasactions list first. They always put crazy things in the description like used water jugs and kale underwear and just random stuff. But if i remember correctly, it does show all the public transactions, but doesn't show the amount.

I have a CoWorker who isn't married, but him and his girlfriend have been living together for about 5 years. They have separate checking accounts, So they are always sending money back and forth to each other using Venmo. When i use Venmo, your contacts usually show up on the public trasactions list first. They always put crazy things in the description like used water jugs and kale underwear and just random stuff. But if i remember correctly, it does show all the public transactions, but doesn't show the amount.
    Yeah, I use it to send money to my mom if I want her to pick something up for me in Bay Saint Louis when she's coming to New Orleans and see all the transactions of people who are in my contacts but the people paying them are people I don't know. I don't think there are any transactions that I can see that don't include someone I know on one end. I have mine set so it doesn't show up on other people's phones except for the person receiving the money.

So it seems that anyone who challenges the groupthink here is a "troll" ?

So much for a 'discussion forum'. I don't think I've ever met a bunch of people with such closed minds. Good luck.

So much for a 'discussion forum'. I don't think I've ever met a bunch of people with such closed minds. Good luck.

Are you basing that conclusion just on your own experience and the information available to you?

You really shouldn't pass judgement until the jury has reached a decision, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Oh, stop it with the victim routine. Regardless of the topic, you pick a position of willful ignorance, pretend like you don't understand obvious human behavior and that you can't access Google in the UK.
    Roofgardener Troll isn't from the UK.

So it seems that anyone who challenges the groupthink here is a "troll" ?

Wasn't very hard to find a topic with argument, discussion and a lot of varying opinions. There's plenty we all agree on here and at least as much, if not more, where we disagree.

When someone thinks everyone else is the problem it usually means that person is the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom