Should there be presidential debates for this election? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    I am starting to hear it being floated by some that there should not be any debates for this presidential election?

Is there a precedent for this?

I don't find many fact checking site reputable. The fact we have to have two fact checking sites in play for a debate and the question if there is not a 'right leaning' fact checking site, to me, demonstrates the fact checking sites are not really fact checking sites but political sites and probably should not be labeled 'fact checking' at all.
    Factcheck.org has a well-earned reputation for being non-partisan and their fact checks are widely considered accurate. There actually isn't a need for more than one. However, your statement inferred that you don't believe their reputation and therefore don't trust their info. I deduced that you must feel that they have a left bias because their facts don't align with your beliefs.

I'm sure Biden would have no problem having real-time fact checking. Trump, on the other hand, would positively object for obvious reasons.

I'm interested in a train wreck sort of way.

You've got a word salad machine that has never enjoyed getting into specifics, and someone who is well known for making some extraordinary gaffes.

I think there should absolutely be debates and I want it to be in person. Trump and Biden both on the stage, if there's no crowd so be it. I don't feel like a Zoom call captures an actual debate. It's not just about their answers but also their demeanour juxtaposed to one another. I'm interested in this from an informational standpoint, but also as Jim put it, there's an entertainment component.

The fools of the DNC know biden is the biggest fool of the bunch. So there is no way they want to have debates.
    Oh, there will be debates and there will definitely be a fool on the stage. It will be fun to watch him when he gets blistered with facts. Then again, he does perform a rather impressive jedi mind trick to keep his followers in line.

Well, sure, but we already see a load of that guy. What about Joe Biden? ;)
    He is where he has been through this whole process, in his basement, safe from questions. :LOL:

Yes, they should debate. I don't see a health reason why they shouldn't. Maybe there won't be a crowd. Moderators are a mile away anyway. The two debaters can keep 20 feet apart.

You just probably can't do a town hall.
    I don't know about that. With how Trump stalked Clinton around the stage in 2016 to intimidate her, can he really control himself enough to stay away from Biden?

He is where he has been through this whole process, in his basement, safe from questions. :LOL:

to be fair, thats the play. If you advise against, then you would be a short-lived campaign manager.

Trump is continually opening foot and inserting his mouth.

I am not intentionally trying to be a contrarian here, but I would be fine with no debates. Don't get me wrong. I believe there should be debates, but this time around, I see very little value in seeing these two candidates in that format. As UTJ suggested, there is the allure of a possible train wreck and with these two guys, it's almost a guaranteed train wreck. However, as much damage that has been done recently to the dignity of the presidency, I have no desire to see Trump and Biden potentially further diminish the office with lies, gaffes or theatrics.

I have no desire to see Trump and Biden potentially further diminish the office with lies, gaffes or theatrics.
    Honestly, after Clinton and Trump, how can the presidency be further diminished? Satanic ritual in the oval office? There's already been sex (Clinton) and lies, gaffes and theatrics (Trump).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom