SCOTUS rules on subpoenas of Trump financial records (Update: 2d Cir. rules against Trump) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    In the criminal grand jury case (Vance - the New York case), the SCOTUS rules that a sitting president is not immune from a state grand jury request. It is a 7-2 opinion (with Roberts joining the 'liberals' and Gorsuch and Kavanaugh concurring). Case is remanded for resolution based on "defenses available" to any person subject to that kind of subpoena.

and his first year as President, expenses at his golf course... where he golfed on our dime, went up 500%?

This just confirms what's long been common knowledge, that he's been bilking the taxpayers for his own profit.

And it won't be enough to stave off everything that will be coming down the pike after Nov 3.

Con men gotta con for as long as they can.

This is not good news. Hundreds of millions of debt coming due and he doesn’t have the money? And no domestic banks to loan it to him? That’s a pretty dangerous position for a head of state.

750 bucks in taxes in each of the last couple years?

Yikes.

And after he criticized Obama for “only” paying $162k in taxes on 790k income one year?

Yikes.

I would imagine this story to get dragged out for maximum coverage. Wonder what else there will be.

Well, let’s give him credit for the $750 - he paid zero for the ten years before that.

Amazing article and it is just scratching the surface.

There's more to come if Maggie Haberman is to be believed. I don't really care for her as a reporter - I think she goes way too easily on Trump, too often, in exchange for the access. But I hope this gets dragged for weeks (plural)

There's more to come if Maggie Haberman is to be believed. I don't really care for her as a reporter - I think she goes way too easily on Trump, too often, in exchange for the access. But I hope this gets dragged for weeks (plural)

To me, she doesnt seem to go easy on Trump.. she just, every time i see her on tv, she seems so exasperated to have to report on the nonsense that’s constantly coming from this pile of poop president.. i think she’s just exhausted, and wants to cover more substantive stuff than whatever infantile nickname Trump came up with for anyone who dares be critical of him.. maybe this will be her chance.

To me, she doesnt seem to go easy on Trump..

I think she definitely goes easy on him. The language she uses, or also doesn't use. The way pretty horrendous things are framed. There was a thread on this very topic that was interesting, with other journalists weighing in, who had noted the same thing. And someone wryly added, "Now you know she's called an access journalist."

Anyway, not a fan.

on another note: Four Hundred Twenty One MILLION dollars, and that's just what the documents say he owes... it's got to be much more than that

on another note: Four Hundred Twenty One MILLION dollars, and that's just what the documents say he owes... it's got to be much more than that
    I wonder how much liquidity he has. I have to imagine his properties are so heavily leveraged he is upside down by twice that. Doesn’t help the travel industry is being obliterated so his assets are severely undervalued now.

I wonder how much liquidity he has. I have to imagine his properties are so heavily leveraged he is upside down by twice that. Doesn’t help the travel industry is being obliterated so his assets are severely undervalued now.

there's no doubt and I think the next question is how much money does he owe to whom. I know that the stories about money laundering were pretty well established and I think that these things are going to start to get connected more and more

and ProPublica continues to do really impressive work - a short thread that addresses the question "Where was the IRS in all this?!?!" and a link to longer work:

I think she definitely goes easy on him. The language she uses, or also doesn't use. The way pretty horrendous things are framed. There was a thread on this very topic that was interesting, with other journalists weighing in, who had noted the same thing. And someone wryly added, "Now you know she's called an access journalist."

Anyway, not a fan.

Not saying you’re wrong, you may be right and seem to have been paying more attention to her reporting than I have .. but from what I’ve seen , it just seems like she‘s always trying reeeaaallly hard to excerise restraint in her reporting, but the look in her eyes and demeanor seems to say ‘ I cant believe i have to report on this fool.’

37C04CBD-53A5-40FA-8D02-6E1F0272F1F5.png

I'm honestly shocked he is that much in debt. What with his campaign, the gop, russia and china funneling money into his hotels etc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom