Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed (Replaced by Amy Coney Barrett)(Now Abortion Discussion) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thinking that you know better than your wife on a topic as subjective as what people find attractive in a woman simply because you are a man is the height of misogyny.
    I love PC people! They are precious!
    images

It's not silly to me, I mean I get it. When I was living straight and married I never offered up opinions on a guys attractiveness.

I just think it's funny now because straight men, even if they wouldn't admit it outwardly for sake of their masculinity, instinctively or objectively know if another guy is attractive. At least by popular standards.
    I also tell people "bromance" is really platonic gay romance :hihi:

Yes, I am lots of fun at parties.

I see that I have to google Chris Hemsworth. That’s what I got out of this whole discussion.

So, just to recap, the thread that was originally about RBG passing, and then about her replacement, and which then turned into abortion discussion... is now the hot-or-not thread?

I bumped it after TX signed that stupid law.
    Since RBG was for women's rights, and the person that replaced her was about as complete opposite of that as one could get, and of course sided with the other... trying not to say right wing judges but eh
    and then it all got derailed by Paul

Attempted return to pertinence, I agree with almost everything said in this opinion piece:

‘I am not going to waste your time or mine asking whether Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s remarks this past weekend—when she stood next to Mitch McConnell in Louisville and intoned that the “court is not composed of a bunch of partisan hacks”—mean she is irredeemably clueless or just that she believes we are. I don’t much care. A celebration of McConnell—who blocked Merrick Garland’s appointment to the Supreme Court in 2016 and then described it in June as “the single most consequential thing I’ve done in my time as majority leader of the Senate”—is not a perch from which to serve up platitudes about judicial independence. McConnell manipulated the size of the court, not once but twice in the past four years, and Barrett accepted those spoils. McConnell has also already pledged that if a vacancy appears and the GOP wins the Senate next year, he will block any Biden nominee in 2024 and very likely in 2023 as well. He is indeed the patron saint of an independent federal judiciary, so long as the jurists there are all dependent on him.’

I liked RBG and I also like ACB. They are opposites, but at the end they are both competent and likely good honest people. My only concern is a return to abortion prohibition. Paradoxically the thought of abortion makes me nauseous, but I see abortion as a necessary evil for some women. I do not think abortion prohibition will ever be a reality.

As for women: IN Western nations this is the most favorable era for women in world history. Women are well ahead of men in many circles and will continue to gain ground. Men will continue to go backwards and continue to fill the prisons and mental institutions. I have no worries about women in the West.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom