Right and Left Politics (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    When playing the word association game people almost always go with the word's opposite

Wet-Dry

Day-Night

Hot-Cold

Right........Left?

But you can easily argue the opposite of right is wrong - was that intentional?

Does anyone know when and how Conservative/Republican viewpoints came to be known as right and Liberal/Democrat ones as left?

Why isn't it the other way around?

Just something I've wondered about

I don't even know who "the Democratic Party Leader" is that you're referring to and don't remember any news about someone in power calling black people uncle Tom.
    I am paraphrasing - "You ain't black if you vote for my opponent."

I am paraphrasing - "You ain't black if you vote for my opponent."
    Ok. I said that in my reply to you. It was a stupid thing to say and obviously tone deaf, but it's not threatening anyone if they don't vote for Biden like the Trump camp/cult followers is doing to white people who won't vote for him.

Ok. I said that in my reply to you. It was a stupid thing to say and obviously tone deaf, but it's not threatening anyone if they don't vote for Biden like the Trump camp/cult followers is doing to white people who won't vote for him.
    It shows a mentality of the white liberal. Expressed again when calling an adult woman a "prop."

Was it conservatives who called a black woman a prop after she made the choice to speak at a Republican convention? It is often white liberals who call blacks Uncle Toms who express views different from Democrats - see the Democratic Party leader.
    It shows a mentality of the white liberal. Expressed again when calling an adult woman a "prop."

It's not just white liberals. Many minorities call them Uncle Toms, or in case of Latinos "coconuts", as well. It's because they often exhibit the same racial ignorance and excuse making that we complain about of many in the Republican party. Often parroting their same tired, dishonest messaging. Many minorities don't really feel that either party really address racial/economic issues in minority communities adequately. Democrats have and have been accused of taking minorty votes for granted as well. Many often call out the passive racism we see in the Democratic party as well, which is why there is often so much tension within the Dem party. But just on an objective analysis, there's little argument that one party at least tries to engage more with communities of color as opposed to just telling them how they should feel and why they should be so grateful for what they have.

The Biden quote was bad no doubt but I do think it's almost fair to use the term "prop" depending upon how you look at things considering the overt racist language that Trump was using prior to the convention in courting "suburban housewives."

but I consider almost everything a prop at conventions, like Julia Louis-Dreyfus for instance.

The Biden quote was bad no doubt but I do think it's almost fair to use the term "prop" depending upon how you look at things considering the overt racist language that Trump was using prior to the convention in courting "suburban housewives."

but I consider almost everything a prop at conventions, like Julia Louis-Dreyfus for instance.
    As far s everyone being a "prop" - I think that is fair.
    But to my knowledge there wasn't a labelling of Lee Zeldin as a prop, despite him being one of the few (if only?) Jewish speakers at the RNC.
    I have never heard of the term "cococut" and thus have never heard it used to describe conservative/Republican Hispanics. Maybe I have not been paying attention - but I definitely have not heard Biden claim you aren't Hispanic if you don't vote for me. Its something that only seems to happen with respect to black people by the left.

Yes the guy who served as VP to the only black President - as in working for him- is against black people or even remotely close to the guy who was forced by court order to rent to blacks and took out a full page ad calling for the public execution of innocent men.

But to my knowledge there wasn't a labelling of Lee Zeldin as a prop, despite him being one of the few (if only?) Jewish speakers at the RNC.
    I have never heard of the term "cococut" and thus have never heard it used to describe conservative/Republican Hispanics. Maybe I have not been paying attention - but I definitely have not heard Biden claim you aren't Hispanic if you don't vote for me. Its something that only seems to happen with respect to black people by the left.
    I get what you're saying, but I do think in this specific situation.. with Trump's overt drive to divide along racial lines in the background of all this.. that this is just its own thing.

That said, nothing really positive to come out of calling her a prop.

You may not know a whole bunch of Hispanics. I don't really care for either term because both Uncle Tom and coconut have been used in the past within minority communities socially to cast aspersion on people in minority communities who seek educational advancement or who don't speak a certain way. So for a while they had fallen out of favor as they had come to be seen as counter productive.

They've come back into use recently specifically in reference to over exuberant Trump supports (not just for being conservative or Republican) because of what I described in my previous post.

"white blindness"? I swear I get to hear a new term from that left every week that is really just a new racist term they invented.
    What a joke.

Virtue Signaling
    SJW
    Cuck
    Orange Man Bad
    Trump Derangement Syndrome

What a joke.

Virtue Signaling
    SJW
    Cuck
    Orange Man Bad
    Trump Derangement Syndrome
    ... Snowflake

... It's actually funny because I really feel like both sides operate pretty much the same exact way with all this crap.. so the pot is always calling the kettle black no matter which side you're on..

"White Blindness" isn't even some type of leftist term. Just something I used to describe what I see. It's literally the first time I used it. Haven't heard it from anybody before that I can recall.

I actually belive there is a term to describe what I'm talking about, but I couldn't remember what it was and didn't feel like looking for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom