Reports (w/ multiple sources) detail Trump's pattern of disrespecting military casualties (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

nolaspe

Reaction score
    Another article about trumps slipping support with the military
    =========================

The weekend warriors in their Army surplus battle rattle, their paintball weapons and gun show specials are getting lots of love from this clown show’s commander in chief.

“GREAT PATRIOTS!” President Trump tweeted, along with a video of the vigilantes flouting the law and causing disorder while cruising the streets of an American city.

Meanwhile, the real defenders of freedom — the men and women of the U.S. military — aren’t getting love from Trump. And they’re sure not giving it.

Unsurprising, given the way Trump didn’t even blink at reports that Russia was paying bounties to Afghan troops for American kills.

Or that he was impeached for withholding military aid to Ukraine, putting global trust in America’s military at risk.

Or that he keeps trying to take millions in military funding — gutting plenty of military projects right here in the D.C. region, including a day care for military kids — to build his wall.........

VoteVets.org just posted this on fbook...

I just read that on The Atlantic website. If any of this is true, and it seems to be consistent with what we know of his character, it would explain the lack of support among active duty military. Word of those types of statements would travel fast, IMO.

Guy who used to write for the Atlantic, vouching for their fact checkers:

Last edited:
    Trump doesn't give a shirt about the military. I hope that people in the military finally begin to realize that. I hope that all the people who support the military begin to realize that. Trump only cares about what he can get from people. Trump's message to the people of Lake Charles is "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya."

Question is will this matter? His supporters have stuck with him every single time he says something absolutely heinous before this. This sounds like him.

I really hope this is the one where they say, naw, fork him. But I have my doubts.

Question is will this matter? His supporters have stuck with him every single time he says something absolutely heinous before this. This sounds like him.

I really hope this is the one where they say, naw, fork him. But I have my doubts.

The tribalists won't blink an eye at it - despite, ironically, them often claiming the "respect the troops" mantle. But I can't imagine that aren't people out there who this might influence.

Of course it's nothing that wasn't already there. It just becomes harder to ignore - as many try to do.

They stuck with him when he called McCain a loser for getting caught. They stuck with him when he called H.W. Bush for getting shot down. They stuck with him when he attacked a gold star family. He's just the conservative who isn't self aware enough to filter what he says. They support what he says but they're too cowardly to say it.
    Think of all of the conservatives who fly the pow/mia flag and vote for this guy who calls pow's losers. Apparently, they never cared about the pow's. They just thought that flying the flag made them look cool. Somebody else's sacrifice is nothing more than their fashion accessory.

VoteVets.org just posted this on fbook...

I'm sure he said it because of course he did (you can hear him saying it so clearly in your head that give me another day or two and I'll be thinking I heard it from him myself), but if he didn't the fact that no one will believe him is a self-created consequence of him being such a thorough Peice of work. Well that and the fact that he disparaged and called McCain a loser before for his military career.

For sure though, it hurts Trump with someone out there. Not many people, but the game's being played at the margins now anyways.

Good lord

Attachments

• 1599225083.png
      1599225083.png
      524.7 KB · Views: 177

No

It wouldn’t matter if the were audio or video of him saying it

They are ride or die

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom