Reports (w/ multiple sources) detail Trump's pattern of disrespecting military casualties (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

nolaspe

Reaction score
    Another article about trumps slipping support with the military
    =========================

The weekend warriors in their Army surplus battle rattle, their paintball weapons and gun show specials are getting lots of love from this clown show’s commander in chief.

“GREAT PATRIOTS!” President Trump tweeted, along with a video of the vigilantes flouting the law and causing disorder while cruising the streets of an American city.

Meanwhile, the real defenders of freedom — the men and women of the U.S. military — aren’t getting love from Trump. And they’re sure not giving it.

Unsurprising, given the way Trump didn’t even blink at reports that Russia was paying bounties to Afghan troops for American kills.

Or that he was impeached for withholding military aid to Ukraine, putting global trust in America’s military at risk.

Or that he keeps trying to take millions in military funding — gutting plenty of military projects right here in the D.C. region, including a day care for military kids — to build his wall.........

VoteVets.org just posted this on fbook...

@SaintForLife -

do you know what the “...” at the end of that Tweet means? It means it is an incomplete quote.

Also, why don’t you go find the actual FOIA submittal? Ya know the one that actually states what the request is for.

In case you have never made a FOIA request before (I have) they only provide EXACTLY what you ask for. No more no less.

and finally, even if the documents are correct that is simply the reason given. It doesn’t change the fact that Trump said anything else disparaging about Casualties or not. That wouldn’t be in the request any ways.

but I am sure you learned all of this already from Techno Fog or Undercover Huber, since these anonymous sources are the only ones printing the truth.

do you believe in QAnon too?

It's also highly telling that Trump undeniably lies while claiming the story isn't true.

He states that "I never called John a loser"

And here he is literally retweeting reporting of him calling McCain a loser in 2015:

And here's further reporting from the time about him calling McCain a loser:

Here he is telling the same lie in 2016:

He's a liar. He lies. This is beyond dispute. And I cannot understand why anyone would want to spend their time, energy, and credibility defending him. He has no credibility. To hitch yourself to his wagon is to lose your own.

I would take a leader with whom I disagree but who has morality and integrity every time over a blatant liar who claims he might be aligned with some of my beliefs.

I'm not saying the document is fake, I'm saying how do we know the reason cited in that document wasn't the cover used for him not to attend back then?
    Even Bolton who dislikes Trump and his foreign policy is saying the weather reason is true. They can't get Bolton to go along with the story and I'm sure he wants Trump to lose re-election.

So just to be clear, you are only claiming that the helicopter didn’t fly because of weather. Not that he didn’t say any of the things he said.

why didn’t he go by car? The reason given was he couldn’t move the people.

He didn’t have that problem when he walked across to the church to hold a bible upside down

Even Bolton who dislikes Trump and his foreign policy is saying the weather reason is true. They can't get Bolton to go along with the story and I'm sure he wants Trump to lose re-election.

Thanks, I find that more compelling.

@SaintForLife -

do you know what the “...” at the end of that Tweet means? It means it is an incomplete quote.

Also, why don’t you go find the actual FOIA submittal? Ya know the one that actually states what the request is for.

In case you have never made a FOIA request before (I have) they only provide EXACTLY what you ask for. No more no less.

and finally, even if the documents are correct that is simply the reason given. It doesn’t change the fact that Trump said anything else disparaging about Casualties or not. That wouldn’t be in the request any ways.

but I am sure you learned all of this already from Techno Fog or Undercover Huber, since these anonymous sources are the only ones printing the truth.

do you believe in QAnon too?
    Once again. Buzzfeeed's Jason Leopold was the original source of the FOIA. Ask him that question on Twitter.

If one of the main parts of the story is false, does that give you confidence that the rest of the story is accurate?

It's also highly telling that Trump undeniably lies while claiming the story isn't true.

He states that "I never called John a loser"

And here he is literally retweeting reporting of him calling McCain a loser in 2015:

And here's further reporting from the time about him calling McCain a loser:

Here he is telling the same lie in 2016:

He's a liar. He lies. This is beyond dispute. And I cannot understand why anyone would want to spend their time, energy, and credibility defending him. He has no credibility. To hitch yourself to his wagon is to lose your own.

I would take a leader with whom I disagree but who has morality and integrity every time over a blatant liar who claims he might be aligned with some of my beliefs.

The fact that Trump is and always has been a habitual liar is somehow proof that the story is true?

Pointing out that an article seems questionable or a claim is false is defending Trump? It couldn't be that I like debating people on a message board right?

So if another article comes out that Trump eats babies I should just go along with it because it sounds like something Trump would do?

I don’t have Twitter. It’s useless. As is all social media. Anyone getting even a significant portion of their information from it is basically a lemming wanting confirmation bias for their own opinions.

I stick to real news and sources- Reuter’s, AP, the EE board on SR.

shouldn’t the fact that your sources are anonymous give YOU pause.

and again, they aren’t stating tha the story is untrue. Simply what an email form a supposed FOIA states. Whoever that person is that made the request should have no problem producing it. It is only a matter of time though as FOIA submittal are too subject to the FOIA.

I don’t have Twitter. It’s useless. As is all social media. Anyone getting even a significant portion of their information from it is basically a lemming wanting confirmation bias for their own opinions.

I stick to real news and sources- Reuter’s, AP, the EE board on SR.

shouldn’t the fact that your sources are anonymous give YOU pause.

and again, they aren’t stating tha the story is untrue. Simply what an email form a supposed FOIA states. Whoever that person is that made the request should have no problem producing it. It is only a matter of time though as FOIA submittal are too subject to the FOIA.
    Are you aware that Reuters, AP, NYT, & the Washington Post have Twitter Accounts?

You think Jason Leopold is an anonymous source?

Case in point. The same nytimes article in the tweet SFL has just linked to goes on to further quote Bolton:

While Mr. Bolton said he did not hear the president disparage troops, he added that Mr. Trump did not protest the decision, as he now says he did. “He didn’t say, ‘This is terrible, I have to go out to the veterans,’” Mr. Bolton said. “He accepted it and that was pretty much the end of it.” Having said that, Mr. Bolton added, the reported comments were not out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.​
    Bolton is saying that Trump is at least lying about protesting the decision, and that the reported comments are in character for him. This is not a defense of Trump; it's yet another condemnation.

As for the weather account, that doesn't refute the Atlantic account either. It's entirely possible that the Atlantic account is correct regardless, since Trump could have already indicated his desire not to go as reported before any decision was made regarding whether the helicopter could fly.

It is absolutely clear that Trump is a liar though.

The fact that Trump is and always has been a habitual liar is somehow proof that the story is true?

Pointing out that an article seems questionable or a claim is false is defending Trump? It couldn't be that I like debating people on a message board right?

So if another article comes out that Trump eats babies I should just go along with it because it sounds like something Trump would do?
    Eating babies doesn't sound like something Trump would do. Disrespecting the military (that he lied 4+ times to avoid joining) does. 🤷‍♂️

Pointing out an article being questionable is not, by itself, defending Trump. Instinctively disbelieving and expressing doubt about every negative piece of information about Trump is. You're on the record for pages and pages disputing a bipartisan Senate report that's harmful to Trump. Unless there's a recording of him saying it, you're never going to believe it.

The fact that Trump is a proven habitual liar is not proof the story is true. It is proof, however, that his denials should be disregarded for the same reasons as his denials about Stormy Daniels, his real estate efforts in Moscow, etc.

Case in point. The same nytimes article in the tweet SFL has just linked to goes on to further quote Bolton:

While Mr. Bolton said he did not hear the president disparage troops, he added that Mr. Trump did not protest the decision, as he now says he did. “He didn’t say, ‘This is terrible, I have to go out to the veterans,’” Mr. Bolton said. “He accepted it and that was pretty much the end of it.” Having said that, Mr. Bolton added, the reported comments were not out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.​
    Bolton is saying that Trump is at least lying about protesting the decision, and that the reported comments are in character for him. This is not a defense of Trump; it's yet another condemnation.

As for the weather account, that doesn't refute the Atlantic account either. It's entirely possible that the Atlantic account is correct regardless, since Trump could have already indicated his desire not to go as reported before any decision was made regarding whether the helicopter could fly.

It is absolutely clear that Trump is a liar though.
    Yeah Bolton hits on the part of this that really matters as far as the election goes which is that nearly everyone except the die-hard Trump supporters believes this is entirely plausible.. which is just such a remarkable thing when you're talking about the POTUS.

James LaPorta is an NBC's military reporter and AP journalist - ex-Marine.

The "especially" in the tweet seems like a good indication that the rest probably isn't true. How does a source especially confirm something and how does that compare to the rest of the info? Did he only moderately or minimally confirm the rest of the info?

SFL, what do you think the word “entirety” means?

Evidently, to you it means that parts of the article were not confirmed. 🤦‍♀️

LOL, this is definitely how you respond to something that is totally fake that you are totally not concerned about.

I think they've lost themselves so deep to their own echo chamber that they don't realize how they're coming off to the outside world.

Yeah Bolton hits on the part of this that really matters as far as the election goes which is that nearly everyone except the die-hard Trump supporters believes this is entirely plausible.. which is just such a remarkable thing when you're talking about the POTUS.

Is something being plausible the new standard for all anonymous Trump stories? How does this scenario sound to you:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom