Rebellion in Iran (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This could use its own thread. Mods - move this if you must, but there is little traffic on the World Politics board, so I thought we could discuss this here.

I will admit, I am in awe of the bravery of the women of Iran.

Here is how it started:

Here’s how it’s going:

I really hoped that we would have a world without those theocrats. A free and very innovative Iran would benefit our world.

I saw a tweet earlier today. It didn’t sound good. They are hitting the universities pretty hard.

I saw a tweet earlier today. It didn’t sound good. They are hitting the universities pretty hard.
    Despite this and the crack down, they are still protesting...possibly even openly revolting. They killed a few...dont know Farsi...basiji. Running them over. Overwhelm those firing on crowds and eventually killed them.

And then we have biden and his gaffes. A few days ago he declared we will free Iran. Iranians hate and mistrust our government. Even those who hate the Supreme leader. We can't make mistakes like this with this movement at a pivotal moment.

Protesting is still happening. And now in China as well.

Protesting is still happening. And now in China as well.

Metaphorical God help them, because it is near impossible to wrest democracy from the hands of authoritative regime. That typically only happens with mass mob violence and a complete collapse/murder of the regime (ala the French Revolution). I don't see that happening in those to country, as much as I would like for it too.

If history is any lesson, those protest will likely eventually peter out and there will be a return to an even more authoritative state. 😢

Lots of videos and news of the crackdown there. And it seems they'd appreciate more awareness of what's happening in Iran.

The morality police “was abolished by the same authorities who installed it,” the statement by Attorney General Mohammad Javad Montazeri said, according to state media reports. But he went on to suggest that the judiciary would still enforce restrictions on “social behavior.” He also indicated that the authorities were reviewing the head scarf regulations.

But it was not immediately clear what impact these changes would have on enforcement of the dress code or whether the authorities were planning to relax the hijab law, which remained in place.

if anyone is curious what is going on over there

I also found this site which seems to cover the protests and other events in the general geographic area

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom