Post Trump GOP (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

J-DONK

Reaction score
    I've been thinking about this for a while. What is the GOP going to do once Trump goes to jail? Realistically, anything over 10 years of real time would be a death sentence for the obese cheeto. I feel like the current riff in the house is a early sign of this coming change of leadership, and direction. Even the most sycophantic Trump GOP policy makers know he isn't beating 90 counts. They are a total impasse on direction with a sword of damocles, in the form of a Trump conviction, hanging over their heads. Will the GOP be pulled back from it's authoritarian fall, or will we see the rise of another strongman?

Who do you think will takeover the GOP? I think Paul Ryan is interesting, since he sat out the current Trump era. I'm not sure the GOP base actually will care about the scandal of having Trump convicted.

The short list is probably:

1. Ron Desantis
    2. Chris Christie
    3. Paul Ryan
    4. Mitt Romney
    5. Ted Cruz
    6. Marco Rubio
    7. Mike Pence

I don't think the GOP is ever going to nominate/follow a woman, or someone brown.

It is unsurprising that Johnson ducked the question. The good Christian knows that his claims of voter fraud during the 2020 election are lies.
    Without trying....without seeking it....I keep coming across stories about things going against Trump in various trials.
    It's not looking good for Mr. Trump, is it?
    Why are so many Rs afraid of him?
    I think Trump is gonna sink like the Titanic.

Without trying....without seeking it....I keep coming across stories about things going against Trump in various trials.
    Were I as confident. Unless there are trials, convictions, jail time and laws passed banning convicted federal felons from holding office Trump will continue to hold sway in the party. Some of the party may revolt but not enough.

The Rs who dared to stand up to him are all gone. He ruthlessly attacked them in public and primaried all of them. There are no Rs left (in the House) who care about democracy or the will of the voters being respected. They are mostly like Johnson-convinced God is on their side against horrible sinners who need to be destroyed or brought to heel at the very least. You can justify all sorts of atrocities with that mindset. Just a brief look at history will show that. Trump is using their fanaticism to gain power, and it has worked like magic so far.

This is a very bleak time in our nation’s history. If we don’t start voting Rs out of office really soon - all offices - we won’t have representative government much longer. If Trump gets re-elected, I fully expect him to break down the rule of law, and install an oligarchy. He will emulate Orban and Putin.

Someone please tell CNN that life will go on and the Republican Party has survived :ROFLMAO:

Oh, Steve, you should be so proud of your glorious party!!!!!

Also, for someone who reputedly can't stand Trump, if you support McCarthy, you support Trump, he's an all in MAGA.....what a crock of BS you spew.....

Were I as confident. Unless there are trials, convictions, jail time and laws passed banning convicted federal felons from holding office Trump will continue to hold sway in the party. Some of the party may revolt but not enough.

Even if all that happens he'll hold sway because he will still be the person who can get even RNC royalty like Liz Cheney primaried and crushed. You won't be able to win a Republican primary without vowing fealty to efforts to "free him" if convicted and do the same to Democrats even if they haven't committed crimes.

Now with an election denier as Speaker we are cruising for a Constitutional crisis in 2024 when he does everything he can to ensure any election Trump doesn't win isn't certified.

I firmly believe we are in the waning days of the American experiment and yesterday moved the minute hand on that clock forward.

Oh, Steve, you should be so proud of your glorious party!!!!!

Also, for someone who reputedly can't stand Trump, if you support McCarthy, you support Trump, he's an all in MAGA.....what a crock of BS you spew.....
    I'll let you know that I was judging Kevin McC. by how he performed in his position while he was Speaker.
    I noticed that although Trump would want him to let the government shut down and Trump had the attitude of "who cares if the soldiers don't receive their pay....let's be confrontational"....that's Trump's approach for ya. Yet McCarthy found away to work out a solution and get enough votes from both sides of the aisle to keep the government open.
    You are clearly against me but I feel that I am not at all spewing BS as you say.
    Trump wanted McCarthy out...Matt Gaetz wanted McCarthy out.
    If I said anything positive about Gaetz you could rightfully sling stuff at me.
    Yet I feel your post above is stretching things.
    Don't focus on what McCarthy said to make you think "he's all in MAGA".
    Actions speak louder than words.
    He reached across the aisle and got things done.
    This article states that Matt Gaetz is happily calling the new speaker "MAGA MIKE JOHNSON" and Gaetz brags that the new speaker is evidence that MAGA is rising.
    THE ARTICLE ALSO STATES HOW MATT GAETZ WAS NOT HAPPY WITH FORMER SPEAKER McCarthy because he committed the sin of working with Democrats to keep the government open.

Last edited:
    I'll let you know that I was judging Kevin McC. by how he performed in his position while he was Speaker.
    I noticed that although Trump would want him to let the government shut down and Trump had the attitude of "who cares if the soldiers don't receive their pay....let's be confrontational"....that's Trump's approach for ya. Yet McCarthy found away to work out a solution and get enough votes from both sides of the aisle to keep the government open.
    You are clearly against me but I feel that I am not at all spewing BS as you say.
    Trump wanted McCarthy out...Matt Gaetz wanted McCarthy out.
    If I said anything positive about Gaetz you could rightfully sling stuff at me.
    Yet I feel your post above is stretching things.
    Actions speak louder than words.
    He reached across the aisle and got things done.
    This article states that Matt Gaetz is happily calling the new speaker "MAGA MIKE JOHNSON" and Gaetz brags that the new speaker is evidence that MAGA is rising.
    THE ARTICLE ALSO STATES HOW MATT GAETZ WAS NOT HAPPY WITH FORMER SPEAKER McCarthy because he committed the sin of working with Democrats to keep the government open.
    What say you now @SFIDC3 ?

He condemned Trump for Jan 6th then shortly after personally visited him at Laga Margo.....he's a shill, who gave into the insanity of most of the R party, and then tried to blame the Democrats when his own party voted him out of the job.....

He is the typical R lawmaker, all about himself but was smart enough to know that shutting the government down would not be good for him or his party.....I give him some credit for that, but he has always been a Trump supporter and I've seen zero evidence that he is not now....

Now your brilliant party has put a MAGA election denier, bible thumping Christian fascist, homophobic wacko in one of the most important positions in the country, at Trump's behest.....you should be so proud.....

That is what I say....now.....I'm not against you, personally, I'm against your terribly flawed logic and political views....and the way you play the victim when someone calls you on it....

He condemned Trump for Jan 6th then shortly after personally visited him at Laga Margo.....he's a shill, who gave into the insanity of most of the R party, and then tried to blame the Democrats when his own party voted him out of the job.....

He is the typical R lawmaker, all about himself but was smart enough to know that shutting the government down would not be good for him or his party.....I give him some credit for that, but he has always been a Trump supporter and I've seen zero evidence that he is not now....

Now your brilliant party has put a MAGA election denier, bible thumping Christian fascist, homophobic wacko in one of the most important positions in the country, at Trump's behest.....you should be so proud.....

That is what I say....now.....I'm not against you, personally, I'm against your terribly flawed logic and political views....and the way you play the victim when someone calls you on it....
    Well at least you answered me.
    I think I am mainstream to think Kevin M was fine and MAGA Johnson won't be.
    You disagree.
    I have nothing additional to say.
    Have a nice weekend.

You disagree.
    Have a nice weekend.

I've never not answered you, at least that I can recall.....you claim to despise Trump but approve of Kevin M? I have news for you, if Trump somehow stays out of legal trouble long enough to get the nomination, Kevin M. will support him...

Your logic is very flawed, or just....desperate....when you begin to realize that there are very few rational, reasonable or principled folks left in your mess of a party......

You disagree.
    Have a nice weekend.
    McCarthy had no moral compass at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom