Parler/MeWe - Facebook/Twitter Exodus (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

brandon

Reaction score

So, my Facebook has blown up since the election with people declaring that they are leaving Facebook and Twitter for Parler and MeWe. The reasoning is that Facebook and Twitter are "censoring" right-wing messaging for having the audacity to label fake news, well...fake. Parler claims a commitment to uncensored free speech, and MeWe claims a commitment to online privacy.

But Parler especially is a bastion of right-wing hate and anti-semitism. It seems the mass exodus is obviously in response to the election results. I fear that many of the people moving to Parler from Facebook don't know what they're getting into. They're going to radicalize themselves in the cesspool that is the truly extremist alt-right echo chamber.

There are many "normal" people that have never been exposed to the darkest underbellies of 8chan and the like. Parler will bring those people right into the fold of right-wing extremism. This is, IMO, an extremely dangerous situation unfolding.

Last edited:
    Indeed. It seems like it's not really moving all that much because most of the same idiots yelling loudest are still yelling on FB. In fact, what I'm hearing most now is "Fox News it the debil!" LOL. They are desperately wanting Trump to start his own news (propaganda) company. I kinda hope it happens if it gets them out of the Republican party.
    That's really something. The right keeps saying the left is moving way too far left. When we live in a world where fox news is "too liberal", just exactly how far is the right lurching to the extreme right?

That's really something. The right keeps saying the left is moving way too far left. When we live in a world where fox news is "too liberal", just exactly how far is the right lurching to the extreme right?

Well, it's not even right anymore. It's something different. Trumpism has essentially hijacked the right and made it his own thing. Terrible really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom