NYC unveils vending machine for drug users, with free crack pipes and Narcan for ODs (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Echo

Reaction score
    How would Marsha Blackburn spend that money?

How would Marsha Blackburn spend that money?

I disagree with the closing, Tennessee totally deserves her as a State Senator! She has been the same empty suit grifting off of them long before they elected her to the US Senate.

It saves money and lives, what's the objection? Do you have data that providing these things increases drug use? Do you have evidence that it creates new drug users or adds a barrier to reducing addiction? These programs have been tried elsewhere and they are correlated with less ER visits, less strain on healthcare visits, resulting in cost savings as well as fewer deaths - these are all desirable, right?
    Some people will say because they could get a crack pipe for free, that will lure them into smoking crack.
    You know the group, I want to smoke crack, but i just don't wanna share crack pipes.. Oh look, free crack pipe, just the thing i was waiting on to start smoking crack.
    Those are the same people who think weed is a gateway drug. If weed didn't exists, no one would ever use other drugs.. lol

I don't object to the concept, but I fully expect the government to do this a far less than optimum way, as they appear to be doing here.

Small, inexpensive safety items like condoms, clean needles and crack pipes are a sound investment as far as reducing other expenses, as several have mentioned. When a person becomes infected by using unclean items, or not suing prophylactic items such as condoms (when having sex) and masks (when around sick people), their illness costs us all, either through government medical programs or the expense sharing of health insurance.

So my objections: Vending machines instead of them being dispensed over the counter. Maybe the small items if there is a way to give one per customer. When stuff is free and no one is watching, people tend to take more than they need, then there would be none left for others. I believe that the NARCAN should definitely be given along with a brief class in how to use it. Otherwise the person might administer it incorrectly, losing the life-saving opportunity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom