/* */

News NY AG sues Trump and Trump Org for Financial Fraud (Update: Fraud verdict with $454M judgment)) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

What is up with Tweets disappearing? May have to start using screen shots.

also, today Weiselberg is testifying. He is not a CPA, never took the exam. Isn’t aware of GAAP, which I’m aware of and have never been close to an accountant, lol.

So what? He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for a few weeks. He's good.

What is up with Tweets disappearing? May have to start using screen shots.

also, today Weiselberg is testifying. He is not a CPA, never took the exam. Isn’t aware of GAAP, which I’m aware of and have never been close to an accountant, lol.

If he was Certified, he would have lost the ability to claim "I didn't know". When you want to move money around, with a lackey who will take the blame, you hire this guy.

I actually litigated that in New Mexico.

A state law enforcement investigation obtained material from my client (voluntarily) and then the attorney for the plaintiff in resulting civil litigation regarding the same activity FOIA'd the material (under the NM state version) from the state LE agency and I had to object. The attorney called me and told me I was obstructing her case and that the position made no sense, what was in the state file could be obtained by FOIA - basically that anything in the investigation "became" available by FOIA.

I was like "Um, no - FOIA is for government records, and private material doesn't just become a government record because it comes into government custody. You will have to subpoena them from my client in the usual course." The state didn't want to get cross-wise with us because we were the "owner" of the material, so the state refused and she filed an objection in state court. The state filed a response that basically attached my position in a letter as an attachment. The judge held a phone hearing and asked the agency if their investigation was closed, the agency said yes, and the judge ordered the return of the material to my client, promptly. He told the other attorney "Counsel, these are not government records, you can't get them from FOIA. If you want to try to subpoena them, that's up to you."
    I bet everyone clapped at the end, too.

Over/under on what the judge is going to do this time - Fine or jail ?

1698530426181.png

During on on-going court case, where a gag issue was ordered?

Right.....
    Maybe you’re right that he can’t trash the judge according to this article:

I thought he couldn’t trash anyone that works for the court except the judge himself. However, this article simply says he can’t attack Court personnel. That seems to include the judge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom