Next Speaker of the House? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    There’s a lot of doubt that Kevin McCarthy will be able to get enough votes to become Speaker. It certainly won’t happen on the first ballot. Already Boboert and MTG are publicly at odds over it.

Maybe this is worth it’s own thread to watch. One person mentioned is Scalise.

This was last weekend I believe

Maybe Johnson misunderstood his lord. Maybe his lord was telling him to prepare for a Red Sea moment and Johnson mistakenly assumed his lord was preparing him for the role of Moses, when in fact he was preparing him for the role of the leader of Egyptian army who pursued Moses into the parted Red Sea.

Evidently a D Rep from Texas wasn’t present earlier but showed up during the voting. He had been to the ED and said he had surgery. Came in as soon as he could get there, in scrub pants.

But they lost by 2 votes, so I don’t see how that mattered. They would have lost by one, right?

So I am wrong a lot but according to AP the vote was originally 115-115 after the R's forgot how to count.

Aside -Why anyone would put that dude MTG in charge of anything that requires thinking- he can't pronounce indictable when he reads it. Georgia's finest...

Anyway, they were (are) at a standstill. The Dems were yelling for Johnson to drop the gavel to end the voting but one R switched his vote "no" so they could bring the vote up again instead of a deadlock, which defeats it and won't allow for a revote.

But the congressmen who switched said "...so this could be tried again in the future."

I could be wrong but I don't see them bringing it back up today. Unless the can get one of the three R's that did switch for real to change, the vote would be 115-115 again. Which would defeat again.

So I am wrong a lot but according to AP the vote was originally 115-115 after the R's forgot how to count.

Aside -Why anyone would put that dude MTG in charge of anything that requires thinking- he can't pronounce indictable when he reads it. Georgia's finest...

Anyway, they were (are) at a standstill. The Dems were yelling for Johnson to drop the gavel to end the voting but one R switched his vote "no" so they could bring the vote up again instead of a deadlock, which defeats it and won't allow for a revote.

But the congressmen who switched said "...so this could be tried again in the future."

I could be wrong but I don't see them bringing it back up today. Unless the can get one of the three R's that did switch for real to change, the vote would be 115-115 again. Which would defeat again.
    According to Ken Buck yesterday (he voted no yesterday), he was expecting them to bring it back up today because they were expecting Scalise to return today.

According to Ken Buck yesterday (he voted no yesterday), he was expecting them to bring it back up today because they were expecting Scalise to return today.
    I read that another R switched to a “no” today, which may be why it wasn’t brought back up. Of course he is now being threatened by MAGAs. 🙄

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you either have a majority or you do not.

For most intents and purposes, there is no GOP majority in the House. And they don't have the kind of leadership it takes to solidify one.
    Can a Dem call for a vote to vacate?

It'd be hilarious if the Democrats got a Republican Speaker removed. They only need 4 or 5 Reps who want border security more than they want to polish Trump's knob.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom