Next Speaker of the House? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    There’s a lot of doubt that Kevin McCarthy will be able to get enough votes to become Speaker. It certainly won’t happen on the first ballot. Already Boboert and MTG are publicly at odds over it.

Maybe this is worth it’s own thread to watch. One person mentioned is Scalise.

Uh oh, didn’t this happen just before the RWNJs ousted McCarthy?

For some reason, Rs have left the insane rule that one person can trigger a new vote for Speaker.

All this chaos caused by a tiny minority of loudmouth idiots and I will bet you that the “Speaker” will not reach out to Dems and make a deal. They would rather shut down the government and hurt millions of Americans than make a common sense deal. They don’t deserve to be there.

All this chaos caused by a tiny minority of loudmouth idiots and I will bet you that the “Speaker” will not reach out to Dems and make a deal. They would rather shut down the government and hurt millions of Americans than make a common sense deal. They don’t deserve to be there.

To call her an idiot is to insult idiots.

This is the recipe to excuse anything. I’ve seen it used to excuse people dying from neglect or malpractice. Or, one could use it to excuse any bad thing that Trump would do if he would be president again. “God meant for him to do that.”

It’s insane.

This is the recipe to excuse anything. I’ve seen it used to excuse people dying from neglect or malpractice. Or, one could use it to excuse any bad thing that Trump would do if he would be president again. “God meant for him to do that.”

It’s insane.
    I've said before

Anything that happens that they want to happen is "God's will"

Anything that happens that they don't want to happen is "The Devil's work"

I've said before

Anything that happens that they want to happen is "God's will"

Anything that happens that they don't want to happen is "The Devil's work"

Reminds me of a line from MASH when Duke and Hawkeye are complaining about Frank Burns. "Every time a patient croaks on him he says it's "God's will" or somebody else's fault."

Interesting re: God’s Will

One wonders if they know what Inshallah means?

Just read on Twitter a bit ago, and forgot to bookmark it, but democrats have agreed to preserve Johnson‘s speakership if he cuts a deal on border, Ukraine and aid to Israel. So maybe the tyrrany of the far right Reps has been broken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom