Miscellaneous Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

Donald Trump has spent years complaining that American police and the criminal legal system should be “very much tougher”, arguing that some criminals should not be protected by civil liberties, police should rough up suspects and a much wider range of people should face the death penalty for breaking the law.

Now that the former president has been convicted on 34 felony counts for falsifying business records, Trump is arguing that the US legal system is out of control. “If they can do this to me, they can do this to anyone,” he said on Friday.

Here’s a recap of some of Trump’s notable comments about “felons” and “criminals” – and a look at how the convict himself has actually been treated.

Trump’s opinion: police officers should rough up suspects as they’re arresting them

Addressing an audience of law enforcement officers on Long Island in July 2017, Trump told officers, “Please don’t be too nice”, and he mocked the idea of police making an effort to protect suspects’ heads as they’re put in the back of a police vehicle.

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over [their head],” Trump said, pantomiming the gesture. “Like: ‘Don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head.’ I said: ‘You can take the hand away, OK?’”

How Trump has been treated:

On his way to his arraignment in the New York hush-money case last April, Trump was not getting roughed up by officers. He was instead posting angrily on his own social media platformabout his feelings about his case. “Heading to Lower Manhattan, the Courthouse,” Trump posted on Truth Social. “Seems so SURREAL – WOW, they are going to ARREST ME.” Trump arrived to be fingerprinted and processed via his own eight-car motorcade.

Trump also did not get roughed up on his way to jail last August in Fulton county, Georgia, where he faces criminal charges in a separate case related to interference of the 2020 election that he lost to Joe Biden. Instead, his lawyers reportedly arranged for him to surrender at the Fulton county jail during prime-time cable television viewing hours.…..

….Below, we take a look at some of the famous figures Trump has improbably likened himself to, from Nelson Mandela to Al Capone.

Nelson Mandela

Before Saint Teresa of Calcutta, Trump compared himself to the late South African anti-Apartheid icon in April, a man who spent 27 years in jail as part of his fight for equality.

Shamelessly, the former president claimed to see similarities between Mandela’s struggle and the gag order imposed on him by Judge Juan Merchan in his hush money case.

“If this Partisan Hack wants to put me in the ‘clink’ for speaking the open and obvious TRUTH, I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela - It will be my GREAT HONOR,” Trump posted on Truth Social.….

Jesus Christ

Trump has long nurtured a Messiah Complex and frequently encourages parallels between himself and Jesus when courting the votes of the Christian evangelical crowd.

In March, he reposted a message from a follower on Truth Social, who had expressed sympathy for Trump’s legal troubles that read: “It’s ironic that Christ walked through His greatest persecution the very week they are trying to steal your property from you.”

In 2023, he also suggested that, other than himself, only Christ could have secured the votes needed to become speaker of the House of Representatives and posted an AI image, created by another supporter, of Jesus sitting beside him in court.

The Mona Lisa

During an interview with the Welsh TV channel S4C at Mar-a-Lago last June, Trump likened himself to Leonardo Da Vinci’s world-famous Renaissance portrait as he talked up the devotion of the MAGA fans who turn up to his rallies…..

Elvis Presley

Trump posted a composite image eerily merging his face with that of the King of Rock n’ Roll on Truth Social in February.

“For so many years people have been saying that Elvis and I look alike. Now this pic has been going all over the place. What do you think?” he asked his followers.….

Al Capone

At this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference in February, Trump drew a parallel between himself and the infamous Prohibition-era Chicago mob boss.

“Remember this, I’ve been indicted more times than Alphonse Capone, Scarface,” he said at the Republican gathering, relishing the gory details of the gangster’s reputation.…..

Sir Winston Churchill

Speaking at a rally in Michigan in September 2020, Trump denied reports that he had deliberately downplayed the threat of Covid-19 in the early days of the pandemic – and likened himself to the wartime British prime minister as justification.….

George Washington

In July 2023, Trump posted an AI-generated image of himself in place of George Washington leading the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.

The post came in response to the United States celebrating the 247th anniversary of its independence from Great Britain but only succeeded in inviting a deluge of mockery online.…..

Abraham Lincoln

Shortly before Election Day 2020, Trump improbably claimed at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania that he had “always competed”against Honest Abe.

“You know we’re the party of Abraham Lincoln, a lot of people don’t know that. The great Abraham Lincoln, a man that I’ve always competed against,” Trump said.

“I said, ‘I can be more presidential than any president ever, except for the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln when he’s wearing the hat’.”….

Ronald Reagan

Trump has excused his former political alliance to the Democratic Party by comparing himself to the Hollywood actor who became America’s 40th president.

“If you look at Ronald Reagan, and he was a Democrat, he was actually, Don, he was a Democrat with a very liberal, or at least a pretty liberal bent, and he became a Republican with a somewhat conservative – I wouldn’t say very, but he was a conservative Republican,” Trump told CNN’s Don Lemon in September 2015.…..

Witness tampering? I’m so NOT one bit surprised. Where are the guard rails for this activity?

……If Trump is elected president in November, that would greatly complicate at least the two federal trials, because he could appoint an attorney general who might dismiss the indictments against him.

It’s also against Justice Department policy to prosecute a sitting president, and it’s unclear whether courts would allow a president to stand trial on state charges in Georgia.

And if any of the three remaining cases do make it to a jury, Trump will be sitting at the defense table under different circumstances than in New York. He is no longer a first-time offender. He will be a felon with a criminal history.

That means any new conviction carries a significantly greater risk of a prison sentence or a harsher punishment. And during a trial, it could generate fresh attacks from prosecutors on Trump’s credibility if he decided to take the witness stand.

“When calculating the federal sentencing guidelines, his criminal history will go into account,” said Tess Lopez, a sentencing consultant. “And it will drive up the range of the sentencing guidelines.”………

I don’t put a lot of stock in self proclaimed experts but I’ll put this here for what it’s worth
    ==========================

A body language expert says Donald Trump’s interview after being convicted of 34 felonies showed signs of anxiety and “lower confidence” in his non-verbal cues.

Dr Jack Brown, an ophthalmologist and self-proclaimed body language expert said there were crucial nonverbal signals [Trump] displayed” during his interview with Fox News on June 2 to talk about the trial over hush money payments and hot button issues.

His first big revelation: the former president crossed his ankles during the interview.

“Regardless of the person being interviewed, with rare exception, this ankle crossing/lower leg crossing is not a wise leg-foot posture to adopt during an interview,” Brown wrote on X. “Why? Because it both engenders – as well as a sign of – emotional discomfort and lower confidence.”

Brown claims to have "analyzed [Trump] thousands of times" over the past nine years, and said he has never seen the former president cross his ankles, saying the act was "extremely rare."

At several points in the interview - though Brown admits it was not a wide angle the entire time - the president was seen with his legs crosseed as he sat in the chair in front of hte fire.

Brown said Trump typically keeps "both his feet flat on the floor," which means him crossing his ankles is "extremely significant."……

I don’t put a lot of stock in self proclaimed experts but I’ll put this here for what it’s worth
    ==========================

A body language expert says Donald Trump’s interview after being convicted of 34 felonies showed signs of anxiety and “lower confidence” in his non-verbal cues.
    there is no way he will debate now. cant even imagine how he would deal with that.

And, he defames Carroll yet again. He is clearly unable to control his thoughts and/or speech. Clearly unqualified to be in any office of public trust.

Also threatens to throw Clinton in jail. Notice he doesn’t say indict, or charge or convict, just throw her in jail. Like his heroes Kim Jung On, Xi, and Putin do.

Also threatens to throw Clinton in jail. Notice he doesn’t say indict, or charge or convict, just throw her in jail. Like his heroes Kim Jung On, Xi, and Putin do.

I've noticed that Trump's speaking cadence and inflection is starting to sound like Christoper Walken. He used to sound like Jerry Lewis's zany characters like the nutty professor, but now he sounds like Walken.

I think this guy’s take sounds reasonable. The WSJ piece uses quotes mainly from Kevin McCarthy who hasn’t interacted with Biden for many months, yet it is presented as “recent”? This smells to high heaven.

Full text, since Twitter cuts it off:

As we've said here umpteen times, everything the RW says is a confession and/or a projection. Today's version is telling: The WSJ - a Murdoch-owned publication - decides to suddenly break a story questioning Biden's cognitive acuity. They hand it off to Fox - a Murdoch-owned media entity - who runs segments on it all day.

Here's the translation - let's pay attention: Trump's taped Fox and Friends interview - the one with the ramblings, erratic energy, and a billion splice marks indicating untold numbers of takes, must have scared the shirt out of Fox. So, they projected it on Biden.
    In other words, they know Trump has been diminished, and they know he is vulnerable, and they don't know if he will snap back, or if this is the best he is going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom