Media Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

valid point
    ===========
    Speaking to CNN's Chris Wallace, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) compared the plot to kidnap and kill her with the man that was outside of Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home and it was treated more seriously.

The reference was to a man that came to Kavanaugh's home and ultimately called the police on himself. She said that in the media it was treated as something so serious that Congress had to pass additional resources to care for Supreme Court Justices.

Whitmer's case, however, is treated like nothing more than a kidnapping idea.

"This wasn't a kidnapping plot," said Wallace. "This was an assassination plot."

"Let's look at how different attempts get covered, right?" said Whitmer. "Justice Kavanaugh had someone show up on his lawn and turned himself in. One person, and it's been covered as an assassination attempt. Rightly so. But there were a dozen people who trained for months and steaked out my house and had plans to execute me, and it was covered as a kidnapping plot. These plotters had no intention of keeping me. They were not gonna call somebody for ransom. There were gonna execute me kinda like you see happening in terrorist situations and that was the plan."

She said that it certainly took a toll on her family because people with long guns were standing outside of the gate of the Governor's mansion and that they could hear the "visceral ugliness.".................

How funny is it that this thread was started to try to say that newspapers like The NY Times and WaPo and networks like CNN and MSNBC are corrupt and lying to their readers/viewers and we end up getting actual ironclad proof that a major news network really is lying to their viewers and it is Fox?

Best own goal ever on a political forum.

Also, Tucker Carlson is a sad, little man:

How funny is it that this thread was started to try to say that newspapers like The NY Times and WaPo and networks like CNN and MSNBC are corrupt and lying to their readers/viewers and we end up getting actual ironclad proof that a major news network really is lying to their viewers and it is Fox?

Best own goal ever on a political forum.

Also, Tucker Carlson is a sad, little man:

Newsflash, they all lie to their readers/viewers, leave out important context, don't cover things that contradict their corporate interests, etc.

I know you unsuccessfully tried to discredit this and you don't like being reminded about it:

Newsflash, they all lie to their readers/viewers, leave out important context, don't cover things that contradict their corporate interests, etc.

I know you unsuccessfully tried to discredit this and you don't like being reminded about it:
    Nope, it’s not the same, not even close. You have disingenuously combined two very different things in your statement above. You have lumped together context decisions and coverage decisions with outright lying.

It’s pretty amazing to have to explain this to an adult actually. Most kids can grasp the concept of lying pretty early in life. Yes, all news organizations have an editorial stance. They make decisions on what to cover and what to not cover. They also employ fact checkers and ethics departments to keep things as factual as they can.

Fox makes the decision every day to lie. To say things are true that they know are not true. They do it all the time. Remember Pizzagate? Obama birtherism? They make the decision to lie daily. They aren’t the only ones. NY Post does the same thing. So do a whole lot of sites. Quite a few of the people you follow on Twitter lie, or intentionally mislead all the time as well.

I have no idea what you are blathering about with your attempt at some sort of dig in the second part of your post. But I can assure you that you have no idea what you are talking about when you try to tell me what I like or don’t like, what I think, what I believe. You may as well quit trying, because you just invariably clown yourself.

LOL, I’m not going to read that nonsense SFL quoted above. But just looking at the thumbnail I will say this much:

Yes, the media didn’t take Trump seriously at first, and yes, they then gave him tons of free publicity during the campaign in 2016, which was stupid beyond belief. They played right into his hand.

BUT, the media has never “gone all in” on treating Trump as a threat to this country. Some political pundits have, but main stream media has never truly given enough credence to the threat that he posed and still poses to our democracy. And how stupid of that article to claim that he shouldn’t be treated as a threat to this country? It must have been written before Jan 6, or it is hopelessly partisan. Maybe both. Hilarious.

Tucker is nothing but a conduit for 4chan or whatever alt-right site incels and white supremacists use these days.

I see it already mentioned, Marjorie Taylor Greene got a spot on 60 minutes. I didn't watch it, but some snippets I've seen, it went about as one would imagine. I wonder why they would give her a platform for her insane bullshirt

Stahl was just not up to the task. Her failure in this interview will sully her career. It didn’t have to be that way, 60 Minutes knows how to grill people about their foibles. She just looked totally inept.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom