Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-avoids-60-minutes-report-desantis-publix-covid-vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/media/60-minutes-gov-ron-desantis-publix/index.html

This seemed more of a political hit piece from '60 Minutes' than an actually attempt at journalism. It is amazing to me how the radical left still views themselves as a counter culture when obviously they control all the institutions of power, especially the media.

We need to make you a crown of straw, amigo.

More straw for your bonfire, comrade.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-avoids-60-minutes-report-desantis-publix-covid-vaccine

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/media/60-minutes-gov-ron-desantis-publix/index.html

This seemed more of a political hit piece from '60 Minutes' than an actually attempt at journalism. It is amazing to me how the radical left still views themselves as a counter culture when obviously they control all the institutions of power, especially the media.

More straw for your bonfire, comrade.

It does seem like a hit piece on DeSantis, and not fair, to be honest.

But the counter culture point? Wut? I'm sorry, that just seems out of place and silly to even say. It does nothing to add to your point.

Are you that broken politically that you can't just make a solid point and leave it at that?

It does seem like a hit piece on DeSantis, and not fair, to be honest.

But the counter culture point? Wut? I'm sorry, that just seems out of place and silly to even say. It does nothing to add to your point.

Are you that broken politically that you can't just make a solid point and leave it at that?

How was/am I wrong?

gee, 60 Minutes did a “hit piece” on somebody? It’s not like they are sorta known for that or anything.

the sense of victim hood is what is hard to take. IMO.

60 Minutes, radical left? 🤣

Isn't 60 Minutes more of an editorial/commentary show? It's not as if I fault Sean Hannity for having his opinions.

Isn't 60 Minutes more of an editorial/commentary show? It's not as if I fault Sean Hannity for having his opinions.
Even if most mainstream reporters, journalists call out, criticize Hannity, Fox and Friends morning news show cast, the entire media right-wing bias and fealty towards GOP, Trump, or GOP proposed policies and how wrong, despicable, unethical, immoral they are and how MSNBC, CNN, and other mainstream news and cable media outlets as well as social media outlets are supposedly so much more morally and ethically superior. Journalists "opinion editorials/commentary" cleverly crafted, selectively edited, reframed and out-of-context to fit a prearranged agenda is expectation bias of.the worst kind and while anyone here on MAP or SR or elsewhere on the Internet can have an opinion on anything we choose, its ridiculous and asinine to assume all these collective opinions come close to matching those made by Sean Hannity, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, or Greg Gutfeld on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis. DaveV A, System, you Saul, MT15, many others on SR and MAP give good, solid op-eds, articulated views on politics, Saints football, Brees for years and their more honest and sincere than 85-90% of the drivel seen on the nightly cable news cycle.

Or their not bad as "the other side is" most of the time or at least their journalistic intentions and/or ambitions are purer and honest.

It's billed as an 'investigatory magazine' show ? It has made mistakes in the past, and been sued, but not for deliberately misrepresenting an interview, so far as I know ?

gee, 60 Minutes did a “hit piece” on somebody? It’s not like they are sorta known for that or anything.

the sense of victim hood is what is hard to take. IMO.

60 Minutes, radical left? 🤣

Desantis is becoming the favorite to beat if Trump doesn't run.

I can tell you as a Democrat it came off as a very obvious slam. They knew the truth, and still tried to present a false narrative.

All this has done is make Desantis more popular with Republicans, and 60 Minutes loses credibility.

I'm cringing at the takes comparing 60 Minutes to Fox News for some good ole whataboutism.

Desantis is becoming the favorite to beat if Trump doesn't run.

I can tell you as a Democrat it came off as a very obvious slam. They knew the truth, and still tried to present a false narrative.

All this has done is make Desantis more popular with Republicans, and 60 Minutes loses credibility.

I'm cringing at the takes comparing 60 Minutes to Fox News for some good ole whataboutism.
I say this with as much non-partisan sense of perspective on this situation as possible, even before Trump announced his run for president in 2015, much less his disastrous presidency itself, many MSM outlets had begun showing more overt, obvious signs of favoritism, political bias towards certain parties or candidates on social or economic issues. I think any halfway sensible political observer who's been aware of media trends and patterns over the past 25 years will say FOX News was the biggest catalyst for more edgier, emotional-based sensationalist commentary or opinions on stories dealing with sensitive, complex issues that drastically overhauled how we interpret cable news.

But I believe the very sensationalist, even edgier, nastier, partisan tone set by political amateur like Trump while in office and how he.carried himself, behaved and acted in such reckless, impulsive ways really caused such an adverse, equally disgusted reaction from most of major MSM, save for FOX and right-wing talk radio that even 4 years later and another, saner responsible administration in power,.the mood, personality, and pervasive attitude that Trump fostered is still prevalent and likely won't be disappearing anytime soon, even if Trump's own political career(and future) is probably.over. So, IMHO, maybe the reckless, careless approach CBS decided on taking here is aggressively confronting a possible GOP presidential candidate in 2024 with this "take-no-prisoners" mentality where they attempted to try and hurt his career by selectively editing his remarks made.to questions over course of their interview, came from their subconscious hatred and disdain for Trump's policies, ideas, just his overall radical philosophy and how it infects/manipulates people influenced CBS:60 Minutes to make some very poor decisions.

I say this with as much non-partisan sense of perspective on this situation as possible, even before Trump announced his run for president in 2015, much less his disastrous presidency itself, many MSM outlets had begun showing more overt, obvious signs of favoritism, political bias towards certain parties or candidates on social or economic issues. I think any halfway sensible political observer who's been aware of media trends and patterns over the past 25 years will say FOX News was the biggest catalyst for more edgier, emotional-based sensationalist commentary or opinions on stories dealing with sensitive, complex issues that drastically overhauled how we interpret cable news.

But I believe the very sensationalist, even edgier, nastier, partisan tone set by political amateur like Trump while in office and how he.carried himself, behaved and acted in such reckless, impulsive ways really caused such an adverse, equally disgusted reaction from most of major MSM, save for FOX and right-wing talk radio that even 4 years later and another, saner responsible administration in power,.the mood, personality, and pervasive attitude that Trump fostered is still prevalent and likely won't be disappearing anytime soon, even if Trump's own political career(and future) is probably.over. So, IMHO, maybe the reckless, careless approach CBS decided on taking here is aggressively confronting a possible GOP presidential candidate in 2024 with this "take-no-prisoners" mentality where they attempted to try and hurt his career by selectively editing his remarks made.to questions over course of their interview, came from their subconscious hatred and disdain for Trump's policies, ideas, just his overall radical philosophy and how it infects/manipulates people influenced CBS:60 Minutes to make some very poor decisions.

CBS very consciously made the decision to slam Desantis. I don't really disagree with the rest of your statement. You could make an argument that some of these media institutions see Republicans as insurrectionist. They never repented for sacking the capital. The party still largely supports Trump as well. In fact, they are about to have a big GOP event down Mar-a-Lago. It's a completely sane, and valid opinion to consider Republicans enemies of Democracy. Ironically we maybe closer to MSM being against Republicans, but now they've earned it. Doesn't change how you should report the news though!

This is quite probably the worst thing happening in the media at the present time.

This is quite probably the worst thing happening in the media at the present time.

He says our democracy is built on "1 person equals 1 vote," but then goes on to say that "every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised." However, each of these new people also gets one vote, so it's still very much 1 person equals one vote.

The subtextual implication there is that the "brand new electorate" is not made up of people at all. It's dehumanization as a justification for voter suppression. These people don't deserve votes in our democracy because they aren't people at all.

Which YouTube employees gets to decide that dissenting views are medical misinformation?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom