Media Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

tucker.jpg

These are some very specific (and weird) examples, Tucker. And I don’t believe for a single second that you don’t even know what white supremacy is. Just shut up. Nobody wants to kill you, they just want you to go away.

This is sooooo stupid. It’s embarrassing (it’s from the 3rd):

Fired Fox News host Tucker Carlson is preparing for “war” against his former network, a source with knowledge of the situation has claimed.

Axios reported the state of TuckerWorld on Sunday — with a headline indicating “Tucker Carlson ready to torch Fox News”. The former cable news star remains under contract at Fox News, preventing him from signing deals with other networks or streaming services for his content.

He was fired from the right-wing news network last month after having been found to have disparaged Fox executives in private texts using sexist language, while using overtly racist rhetoric in others……

It claims to be the most trusted name in news. But on Wednesday it will devote an hour of prime time to a serial liar who sought to overthrow American democracy.

CNN’s live town hall with Donald Trump, the former US president, has been condemned by critics as a marriage of convenience: an ailing network looking to boost ratings and a disgraced 76-year-old candidate seeking rehabilitation.

For millions of voters not yet paying attention to the 2024 election, the show is likely to be a wake-up call: Trump is back and the current favourite for the Republican party nomination, despite two impeachments and one criminal indictment.

And for the US media, it could be a warning from recent history: will Trump exploit cable news’s insatiable thirst for spectacle and outrage, dominate political discourse and surf a wave of free publicity all the way to the White House?

“It’s clear to me that CNN and many other mainstream media outlets have not learned their lessons from covering Trump in 2016,” said Tara Setmayer, a senior adviser to the Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump and pro-democracy group. “This, in my opinion, is once again giving him legitimacy at a time when he is more extreme, more out of control and his lies are more dangerous than ever.”

She added: “It seems as though the political media cannot quit him. Treating Donald Trump as though he is just like any other regular political candidate is a huge strategic mistake. It normalises his crazy and that’s partially how we got here in the first place. It is 2016 political Groundhog Day.”

Trump has always bragged, with some justification, that he is great for “ratings”. In 2015 Leslie Moonves, then head of CBS, infamously said the ascent of Trump “may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS”……..

Now, as America braces for a 2024 election that Trump has branded “the final battle”, the media faces its ultimate test. How should it cover a man who made more than 30,000 false or misleading claims during his four years in the White House, according to a Washington Post count, and whose “big lie” spurred a mob of his supporters to assail the US Capitol on 6 January 2021?…….

Fired Fox News host Tucker Carlson is preparing for “war” against his former network, a source with knowledge of the situation has claimed.

Axios reported the state of TuckerWorld on Sunday — with a headline indicating “Tucker Carlson ready to torch Fox News”. The former cable news star remains under contract at Fox News, preventing him from signing deals with other networks or streaming services for his content.

He was fired from the right-wing news network last month after having been found to have disparaged Fox executives in private texts using sexist language, while using overtly racist rhetoric in others……

Do it, Carlson. Burn it down if you can, if you've got the stones. I dare you.

It claims to be the most trusted name in news. But on Wednesday it will devote an hour of prime time to a serial liar who sought to overthrow American democracy.

CNN’s live town hall with Donald Trump, the former US president, has been condemned by critics as a marriage of convenience: an ailing network looking to boost ratings and a disgraced 76-year-old candidate seeking rehabilitation.

For millions of voters not yet paying attention to the 2024 election, the show is likely to be a wake-up call: Trump is back and the current favourite for the Republican party nomination, despite two impeachments and one criminal indictment.

And for the US media, it could be a warning from recent history: will Trump exploit cable news’s insatiable thirst for spectacle and outrage, dominate political discourse and surf a wave of free publicity all the way to the White House?

“It’s clear to me that CNN and many other mainstream media outlets have not learned their lessons from covering Trump in 2016,” said Tara Setmayer, a senior adviser to the Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump and pro-democracy group. “This, in my opinion, is once again giving him legitimacy at a time when he is more extreme, more out of control and his lies are more dangerous than ever.”

She added: “It seems as though the political media cannot quit him. Treating Donald Trump as though he is just like any other regular political candidate is a huge strategic mistake. It normalises his crazy and that’s partially how we got here in the first place. It is 2016 political Groundhog Day.”

Trump has always bragged, with some justification, that he is great for “ratings”. In 2015 Leslie Moonves, then head of CBS, infamously said the ascent of Trump “may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS”……..

Now, as America braces for a 2024 election that Trump has branded “the final battle”, the media faces its ultimate test. How should it cover a man who made more than 30,000 false or misleading claims during his four years in the White House, according to a Washington Post count, and whose “big lie” spurred a mob of his supporters to assail the US Capitol on 6 January 2021?…….

I think what we have to understand is that there are precious few, if any, media outlets of any kind that value America or even truth above money. They'll survive another four years of Trump, they'll survive having reporters jailed, disappeared or simply killed. The ones at the top are above all that. Their mistresses will still be able to get abortions, their own freedoms won't be taken away, their lives won't change at all save for the fortunes they stand to make.

You, me and the entire nation be damned.

Why hasn’t Dominion sued NewsMax yet? Oh, and LOL:

NewsMax again getting the story wrong

Hey Greg, your Freudian slip is showing. So the media reporting that the shooter has white supremist neo-Nazi ties is "tarnishing and diminishing" Republicans (i.e. the other side)?

Talk about saying the quiet part out loud.

I guess we can use this thread for social media disinfo. Also, I doubt anyone is fooled by this crap, lol.

Fox continues to lie to its viewers. They are still lying about the vaccines and defaming Fauci.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom