Mark Robinson: 'I Absolutely Want To Go Back To The America Where Women Couldn’t Vote' (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

LovesMusic7360

Reaction score
    On Tuesday, Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson won the GOP primary to become his party’s nominee for North Carolina governor, presumably with the help of female voters.
    But just four years ago, Robinson said he’d “absolutely” like to return to the days when the 19th Amendment didn’t exist ― when women didn’t have the right to vote.
    “I absolutely want to go back to the America where women couldn’t vote,” Robinson said in a newly resurfaced video of his remarks at a March 2020 event hosted by the Republican Women of Pitt County.

I'm offended that the man won election as Lieutenant Governor. No man with his views should ever be in any governmental office.

No woman should ever vote for this man. In fact, any woman who supports this man should not vote. They agree that they shouldn't vote if they vote for him.

Finally to him and all who want to repeal the 19th Amendment:

Hmmm....

Yes, the Weimar Republic put heavy gun restrictions on all German citizens before the rise of the Nazi party... that has a basis on the Treaty of Versailles.. however, once the Nazis gained power, they laxed the restrictions on German citizens (more specifically Nazi party members) and downright banned Jews from owning guns.

I can't tell how many Jews Hitler disarmed by banning them from owning guns, but by banning them from owning guns, he disarmed all of them.

Now, let's look at the phrasing of the statement:
    "This foolishness about Hitler disarming MILLIONS of Jews and then marching them off to concentration camps is a bunch of hogwash".

Now, English is technically my 3rd language, but I am 100% certain that "a bunch of hogwash" applies to both "Hitler disarming MILLIONS of Jews" and "marching them off to concentration camps", since "Hitler disarming millions of Jews and marching rhem off to concentration camps" in this case, is the foolishness.

"This foolishness is hogwash".
    What's the foolishness?
    "that Hitler disarmed millions of Jews and marched rhem off to concentration camps"

Last edited:

Yes his full quote was that he most certainly wants to go back to the time when women couldn't vote.

I don't know what you are trying to defend but it's sure not working.

What does it say about you that you are trying to defend such a horrible man?

Planned Parenthood. Men with saggy pants. People who tore down Confederate flags and monuments. The Rev. Al Sharpton.

Mark Robinson, the GOP nominee in one of this year’s most competitive governor’s races, has declared them all comparable to or worse than the Ku Klux Klan in social media posts that have drawn little attention.

The posts are part of a long record of comments ranging from provocative to bigoted that are getting more scrutiny as the campaign heats up in North Carolina — and that some Republicans worry will be a liability in a battleground state.

Robinson has become one of the year’s most polarizing candidates, winning enthusiastic support from the conservative base and disdain from Democrats.

Campaigning to become his state’s first Black governor, he has touted his potential appeal to Democratic-leaning minority voters as a rising conservative who “looks like them” and offers “common-sense solutions to the problems that they face.”

His past comments could complicate that outreach, and they have drawn criticism from other Black leaders.

Robinson has criticized the civil rights movement of the 1960s and attacked prominent Black people in harsh and offensive terms, calling Michelle Obama, for instance, a man and an “angry, anti-American, communist black lady” who speaks “ghetto” and “wookie.”……..

A reporter noted at the news conference that Robinson’s critics might call him a hypocrite because of his own statements on social media.

News outlets had not picked up on the KKK posts but had covered others that featured antisemitic tropes, homophobic statements and an abundance of abrasive language.

“When I made those posts as a private citizen, I was speaking directly to issues that I’m passionate about,” Robinson responded at the time. “But as a public servant … I have to put those opinions behind me and do what’s right for everyone in North Carolina. And I’m grown enough to do that.”……

Robinson has occasionally drawn attention on the forums of Stormfront, a white-supremacist website founded in the 1990s by a KKK leader from Alabama.

A 2021 thread praised Robinson’s comments on LGBTQ people and Jewish people, among others. Asked about the mentions on Stormfront, Robinson’s campaign did not directly address them and generally accused the media of treating Black conservatives unfairly………

Planned Parenthood. Men with saggy pants. People who tore down Confederate flags and monuments. The Rev. Al Sharpton.

Mark Robinson, the GOP nominee in one of this year’s most competitive governor’s races, has declared them all comparable to or worse than the Ku Klux Klan in social media posts that have drawn little attention.

The posts are part of a long record of comments ranging from provocative to bigoted that are getting more scrutiny as the campaign heats up in North Carolina — and that some Republicans worry will be a liability in a battleground state.

Robinson has become one of the year’s most polarizing candidates, winning enthusiastic support from the conservative base and disdain from Democrats.

Campaigning to become his state’s first Black governor, he has touted his potential appeal to Democratic-leaning minority voters as a rising conservative who “looks like them” and offers “common-sense solutions to the problems that they face.”

His past comments could complicate that outreach, and they have drawn criticism from other Black leaders.

Robinson has criticized the civil rights movement of the 1960s and attacked prominent Black people in harsh and offensive terms, calling Michelle Obama, for instance, a man and an “angry, anti-American, communist black lady” who speaks “ghetto” and “wookie.”……..

A reporter noted at the news conference that Robinson’s critics might call him a hypocrite because of his own statements on social media.

News outlets had not picked up on the KKK posts but had covered others that featured antisemitic tropes, homophobic statements and an abundance of abrasive language.

“When I made those posts as a private citizen, I was speaking directly to issues that I’m passionate about,” Robinson responded at the time. “But as a public servant … I have to put those opinions behind me and do what’s right for everyone in North Carolina. And I’m grown enough to do that.”……

Robinson has occasionally drawn attention on the forums of Stormfront, a white-supremacist website founded in the 1990s by a KKK leader from Alabama.

A 2021 thread praised Robinson’s comments on LGBTQ people and Jewish people, among others. Asked about the mentions on Stormfront, Robinson’s campaign did not directly address them and generally accused the media of treating Black conservatives unfairly………

That guy is the real life Clayton Bigsby with one exception; eventhough he has sight, he is as blind as OG Bigsby.

Mark Robinson, the firebrand Republican nominee for governor in North Carolina, has for years made comments downplaying and making light of sexual assault and domestic violence.

A review of Robinson’s social media posts over the past decade shows that he frequently questioned the credibility of women who aired allegations of sexual assault against prominent men, including Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, actor Bill Cosby and now-U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh.

In one post, Robinson, North Carolina’s lieutenant governor, characterized Weinstein and others as “sacrificial lambs” being “slaughtered.”

Robinson also wrote repeatedly of a 2014 domestic violence encounter involving then-NFL star Ray Rice, who was seen on a surveillance video dragging his apparently unconscious fiancée out of an elevator.

In a post directed at Rice’s “lady friend,” Robinson suggested the woman was at fault for the physical altercation.
“I’m a 350lb man but aint no way in HELL I’m gonna’ slap no pro football player,” Robinson wrote on Facebook. “I’m to old for an a$$whoopin’.”

Robinson has drawn scrutiny for his incendiary remarks on other issues, including about LGBTQ+ people, religion and other political figures. But his comments on domestic violence and sexual assault stand out for their tone and frequency, as well as Robinson’s repeated questioning of accusers.

While Robinson is, in some ways, emblematic of the Republican Party’s turn under Donald Trump toward rewarding inflammatory, sexist language, his dismissals of women threaten to test Robinson’s appeal with voters troubled by that history, in particular female voters.

Robinson’s caustic remarks could also make Republican hopes of flipping a Democratic governorship more challenging, according to political strategists, including some Republicans.

Robinson’s Democratic opponent, North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein — as well as President Biden — are hoping to win the votes of women in North Carolina by significant margins in November…….

Far-right North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, currently running for governor, may have falsified even more paperwork for his controversial day care facility than previously reported.

Last week, reports indicated that Robinson and his wife Yolanda Hill were cited by inspectors for falsifying criminal background checks for the people they hired to oversee children at their facility, Precious Beginnings Child Development Center, which they operated in Greensboro from 2000 to 2007 — alongside safety issues like not properly putting down infants on their backs, improperly storing medication and baby formula, and not properly childproofing electrical outlets.

But the progressive blog Carolina Forward claims to have unearthed evidence that even more documents may have been forged.

some of his past comments on Olympic athletes

1722028813240.png

1722028846543.png

"Shut Up and Dribble (or ski)"
    1722028994619.png

.............July 2021 -- Simone Biles

Simone Biles is the most decorated gymnast in United States Olympic history. In 2021, Biles dropped out of the Olympics due to mental health concerns, but will be leading the U.S. Women's Gymnastics team this year in the Paris Olympics. At the time, Biles said she "literally can not tell up from down" and withdrew because her "safety was at risk as well as a team medal." During a speech to the Alexander Country Republican Party, Robinson launched an attack on Biles while also implying his comments may not make him look good publicly:

"Whenever I think about being wore out and being tired, you know, somebody get this on their phone and it will probably end on Facebook, but I ain't no little, weak gymnast that quits when the going gets tough."

At the time of Biles' withdrawal from competition, some MAGA Republican types launched awful attacks on Biles. Robinson was right there with them. At this point the GOP audience laughed and cheered. Robinson continued, implying Biles was an insufficient person who wasn't putting the nation first:

"My generation is cut from a different cloth, that I don't quit when the going gets tough. Been plenty of times when I've been in the car tired, dog tired. Well, turn around and go back home. You see, I'm not doing this for myself. I'm not like somebody out there flipping around on TV on some monkey bars out there trying to get a gold medal for myself. I'm doing this for a bigger cause. I'm doing this for this state. I'm doing it for this nation. I'm doing it for my grandchildren and their children and they can have the kind of life that I have, a life of freedom."

some of his past comments on Olympic athletes

1722028813240.png

1722028846543.png

"Shut Up and Dribble (or ski)"
    1722028994619.png

.............July 2021 -- Simone Biles

Simone Biles is the most decorated gymnast in United States Olympic history. In 2021, Biles dropped out of the Olympics due to mental health concerns, but will be leading the U.S. Women's Gymnastics team this year in the Paris Olympics. At the time, Biles said she "literally can not tell up from down" and withdrew because her "safety was at risk as well as a team medal." During a speech to the Alexander Country Republican Party, Robinson launched an attack on Biles while also implying his comments may not make him look good publicly:

At the time of Biles' withdrawal from competition, some MAGA Republican types launched awful attacks on Biles. Robinson was right there with them. At this point the GOP audience laughed and cheered. Robinson continued, implying Biles was an insufficient person who wasn't putting the nation first:

That guy really does hate women.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom