Lisa Murkowski, done with Donald Trump, won’t rule out leaving GOP (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LovesMusic7360

Reaction score
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski, aghast at Donald Trump’s candidacy and the direction of her party, won’t rule out bolting from the GOP.
    The veteran Alaska Republican, one of seven Republicans who voted to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial amid the aftermath of January 6, 2021, is done with the former president and said she “absolutely” would not vote for him.
    “I wish that as Republicans, we had … a nominee that I could get behind,” Murkowski told CNN. “I certainly can’t get behind Donald Trump.”
    The party’s shift toward Trump has caused Murkowski to consider her future within the GOP. In the interview, she would not say if she would remain a Republican.
    Asked if she would become an independent, Murkowski said: “Oh, I think I’m very independent minded.” And she added: “I just regret that our party is seemingly becoming a party of Donald Trump.”
    Pressed on if that meant she might become an independent, Murkowski said: “I am navigating my way through some very interesting political times. Let’s just leave it at that.”

Murkowski has been independent of republicans in the past. She ran as an Independent and won as a write in candidate in one of her past elections.

I'm not surprised she is done with trump. Millions of republicans are done with him.

I didn't say that. But, the Democrats' track record on messaging isn't exactly stellar. They either own the issue or they lose.
    Women have not stopped organizing and working. Women have gotten even more ticked off to the point that they are seriously pissed off now. If you could see my email inbox you would see all the emails from all the organizations with all they are doing to make sure republicans don't get reelected.

Women aren't going through the normal public process. We know the mainstream won't pay attention to us. They never have and we know they never will. Women have been doing it among themselves. As in good old grassroots on the ground and in the homes of women. Women are organized and can't wait to come after the republicans.

I didn't say that. But, the Democrats' track record on messaging isn't exactly stellar. They either own the issue or they lose.
    The democrats don’t have to message this issue all that much, IMO. A whole lot of women feel rage for what the Rs have done/are doing. They won’t forget or lose interest in this issue. IMO.

The democrats don’t have to message this issue all that much, IMO. A whole lot of women feel rage for what the Rs have done/are doing. They won’t forget or lose interest in this issue. IMO.
    I respectfully disagree, it needs to be front and center of their message imo. Too many people have short memories.

This is precisely the problem with Democrats' messaging in the past. They need to own the issues they champion instead of letting Republicans control the narrative. And yes, even against Trump. It affects both the general national elections, and state elections and referendums down ballot.

I believe it. But I'm not sold on this election until the results are clear. Take nothing for granted is all I'm saying.

Yes I agree. Never take anything for granted.

Never underestimate the republican's ability to lie, cheat, suppress votes, purge voter rolls and all the rest of what they do to suppress democratic votes.

The only poll that matters is the one on Election Day and the result of that election.

I will say, more time has passed. More women have been forced to suffer. More women have been told they "aren't sick enough." Things are even worse for women now than they were in past elections.

Add that to all the garbage in our congress with trump and maga kicking people out or driving out people from the Republican Party.

Then there's the fact that a good percentage of republicans say they won't vote for trump if he's convicted. The judge in the hush money trial is angry with trump and his delays. He said enough delays, the trial is scheduled to start April 15th. It will be finished months before that election and we all know what the outcome will be. It's why trump has worked so hard to delay it, trump is guilty. They have him on tape admitting his crime.

It's not a prescription for republicans to win.

However November is 8 months away. Anything can happen.

I respectfully disagree, it needs to be front and center of their message imo. Too many people have short memories.

This is precisely the problem with Democrats' messaging in the past. They need to own the issues they champion instead of letting Republicans control the narrative. And yes, even against Trump. It affects both the general national elections, and state elections and referendums down ballot.

Yes, and is unfortunate. That whole "grabbing women by the arse" - should have killed his chances dead right then and there. But that, and many other things, did not.

Also - I think this was in the Nikki Haley topic- someone posted a video at one of her rallies, and asking Nikki supporters who they would vote for. Most (despite moments earlier) said they DESPISED trump, but when pushed said they would probably vote for him if it was not Nikki.

I don't know how some people can pinch their nose and pull the metaphorical lever for someone they despise.

Yes, and is unfortunate. That whole "grabbing women by the arse" - should have killed his chances dead right then and there. But that, and many other things, did not.

Also - I think this was in the Nikki Haley topic- someone posted a video at one of her rallies, and asking Nikki supporters who they would vote for. Most (despite moments earlier) said they DESPISED trump, but when pushed said they would probably vote for him if it was not Nikki.

I don't know how some people can pinch their nose and pull the metaphorical lever for someone they despise.
    Yeah, best you can hope for is they stay home rather than vote for Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom