Julian Assange's extradition defense to include evidence that an alleged Trump envoy offered a pardon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Apparently in a pre-trial conference in London in advance of his extradition hearing, Assange's lawyer indicated that the defense would put on evidence that former congressman Dana Rohrabacher offered Assange a pardon if he made a statement that Russia was not the source of the DNC hack.

This is being reported by court observers, not opinion journalists . . . so it appears credible, at least to the extent that the Assange team thinks they have evidence of this that they intend to use at trial (not sure of what purpose).

Whether it actually happened, of course, is unclear - nor is it clear that if indeed it happened, it was with Trump's blessing.

Classic example - was Madoff pardoned? Why not wait till it happens before getting outraged and acting as if it has happened.

As far as "am I ok" with it. Not sure what you mean. I wouldn't do it, but I am not going to act like this is some sort of unprecedented abuse of power. Many Presidents have pardoned and commuted sentences that I would not have done.

My apologies. I meant Milkin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom