Jeffrey Epstein is Still Dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dadsdream

1% Tanzanian DNA
    Reaction score
    1572971611453.png

ABC's Amy Robach

Yet another female reporter from yet another network has accidently joined MSNBC's Rachel Maddow to call out her own company for years of spiking stories about Jeffery Epstein providing teenage sex partners for rich and powerful men.

ABC News Amy Robach was caught in an open mic video moment which has been published by Project Veratis' James O'Keefe, a self-proclaimed "guerrilla journalist" whose past efforts have drawn heavy criticism.

“I’ve had the story for three years… we would not put it on the air,” Robach said on the hot mic. “It was unbelievable what we had, Clinton, we had everything.”

Fox News contacted Robach, and she confirmed the video was genuine.

“As a journalist, as the Epstein story continued to unfold last summer, I was caught in a private moment of frustration. I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with [Epstein accuser] Virginia Roberts didn’t air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence to meet ABC’s editorial standards about her allegations,” Robach said in a statement provided to Fox News

“We would not put it on the air. Um, first of all, I was told, who’s Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story," Robach said on the video recording. "Then, the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. We were so afraid we wouldn’t be able to interview Kate and Will that we, that also quashed the story.”

“I tried for three years to get it on to no avail. And now it’s all coming out and it’s like these new revelations and I freaking had all of it,” Robach said. “I’m so pissed right now.”

Since Robach chose to provide a statement to Fox News, it's a sole source, not a news provider of choice for this piece.

From Oct 2017

I don't see how this leads to a belief that the ABC reporter could have simply taken the story down the street.

Are you suggesting that she should have quit her job with ABC? Even if she had quit, I find it hard to believe that she would have been free to take the work that she had completed on ABC'S dime with her.

I don't pretend to be familiar with the contracts of networks and their journalists, but I would be surprised if the journalists can jump ship and carry their work with them any time they like.

I am not sure but I do not think Robach and Farrow have/had similar jobs with the networks. After Farrow's show was canceled it seems like he became a "contributor" to NBC. They funded his reporting, however - which strikes me as different from what most contributos seem to be at networks - so who knows?

I don't see how this leads to a belief that the ABC reporter could have simply taken the story down the street.

Are you suggesting that she should have quit her job with ABC? Even if she had quit, I find it hard to believe that she would have been free to take the work that she had completed on ABC'S dime with her.

I don't pretend to be familiar with the contracts of networks and their journalists, but I would be surprised if the journalists can jump ship and carry their work with them any time they like.
    Here;s the thing, if she has a story that hasn't been reported yet, what's stopping her now?

I mean what's she gonna say? If she admits to having bombshell info that's provable, she's probably a dead woman. No one on the earth I don't think really believe that Epstein killed himself. And I'm sure she doesn't want to risk suicide either.

And I'm not bothered by the source. If the National Enquirer can break a true story from time to time, then I don't know why Project Veritas can't stumble onto something of value on occasion too.

Last edited:
    I know it's the hip and cool thing for the left and right to disagree with everything politically but can't we all agree that NBC. ABC and likely others shirt the bed by not covering this story and let a pedophile rapist keep on doing what he wanted because God forbid a channel didn't get that interview with Kate and Harry or would have to reveal their hidings. Or do we keep spinning and finger pointing?

I think we can agree that it is likely that every major news organization from CNN to Foxnews to NBC to pribally even Breitbart would not be eager to encourage investigative journalism into the Epstein story. It impacts powerful people beyond any biases these organizations may have. Not to mention that most of these organizations have #metoo issues of their own that they’d rather not risk drawing attention to.

I know it's the hip and cool thing for the left and right to disagree with everything politically but can't we all agree that NBC. ABC and likely others shirt the bed by not covering this story and let a pedophile rapist keep on doing what he wanted because God forbid a channel didn't get that interview with Kate and Harry or would have to reveal their hidings. Or do we keep spinning and finger pointing?

This is the real crux of the issue. I agree.

Question is: Is it just as bad as fake news when a network clearly avoids a story like this?

This is the real crux of the issue. I agree.

Question is: Is it just as bad as fake news when a network clearly avoids a story like this?

I think they are both bad and it doesn’t really serve a purpose to rank them. They aren’t related to the same problem. They just both happen to affect the media.

We should all be trying to make both problems less impactful.

I think they are both bad and it doesn’t really serve a purpose to rank them. They aren’t related to the same problem. They just both happen to affect the media.

This kind of comes off as dismissive.. I think what they did here speaks very ill of them as entities in the media who are supposed to be trustworthy.

I don't think it has anything to do with which interviews they would or wouldn't get. And I don't think even a halfway reputable news organization would have gone to air/press without a 100% verifiable and ironclad sourced story in their grasp. Imagine being sued by the royal family, an ex-president. A sitting president. The owner of your paper/ news station. The puppet masters of the financial industry.

and I'm not saying that all those people were involved in some pedophile ring either. What I'm saying is they would all have a vested interest in not seeing a story come out that had any mention of their name in it. I mean, we're not talking about the Panama Papers anymore either here. Rich people don't like to be messed with.

This kind of comes off as dismissive.. I think what they did here speaks very ill of them as entities in the media who are supposed to be trustworthy.

I agree with that.

I think we as a socciety need to think about how to reform our institutions in a way that Improves accountability for media (and all) corporations. It doesn’t have to be all legislation focused. Things like disciplined consumption can be more impactful than regulation.

Last edited:

Hopefully the embarrassments the networks have suffered recently will contribute to them reevaluating the way they are doing business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom