Israel vs Hamas (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

US intelligence was all over this coming. This is pretty tight needle to thread for the US regional policy. Find the right reaction/response that doesn’t embolden Iran but also avoids full-scale support of Israel that could widen the war.

Plus Biden told bibi that the US will not be part of any offensive against Iran. According to some reporting that I saw, Iran was very deliberate in where they attacked. This barrage was more symbolic than actually achieving anything strategic or of shock value.

edit: oops, missed that. My bad chuck.

Yeah, I think the US can play a stabilizing role here. Possibly, anyway. I read that both US and Jordan shot down drones/missiles as they could. Agree this was a performative response for the most part, so if Israel doesn’t respond, it will be over. This just “saved face” for Iran.

And shame on Speaker Johnson and Joni Ernst (possibly others, those are the statements I saw) who used this attack for political hits on the administration. Terrible.

And Trump, classless liar that he is, who claimed Iran would never do this if he were President. Somehow he forgot the 80-100 service members who were actually injured by Iran’s attack on them when he was president. Which tracks because he diminished their injuries when it happened.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the US can play a stabilizing role here. Possibly, anyway. I read that both US and Jordan shot down drones/missiles as they could. Agree this was a performative response for the most part, so if Israel doesn’t respond, it will be over. This just “saved face” for Iran.

And shame on Speaker Johnson and Joni Ernst (possibly others, those are the statements I saw) who used this attack for political hits on the administration. Terrible.

And Trump, classless liar that he is, who claimed Iran would never do this if he were President. Somehow he forgot the 80-100 service members who were actually injured by Iran’s attack on them when he was president. Which tracks because he diminished their injuries when it happened.
Responses have been pretty predictable across the board. Not at all surprising.

That would be pretty terrible actually. I get the sentiment, but we'd get pulled into a much worse situation a month or whatever later.

Right.. It seems we’re attached at the hip to Israel unfortunately and will be dragged into a much larger ME conflict due in large part to Israel’s continued regional aggression.

Last edited:
Right.. It seems we’re attached at the hip to Israel unfortunately and will be dragged into a much larger ME conflict due in large part to Israel’s continued regional aggression.
Yep, which is why I prefer we at least try some kind of diplomacy or political pressure to tamp down Israel's response. We certainly haven't done enough in their response to Gaza, but we can’t just leave them to their own devices in regards to Iran either.

According to Jerusalem Post Bibi called off the retaliatory strike after a call from Biden.

Last edited:
I came across this Tweet from Biden and now I have sooooooo many questions!

FYI, those are 2 USAF F-15E Fighter Squadrons he is referring to in that Tweet.

1. I guess OPSEC is no longer a thing?
2. Since when have we had forces in that AOR to make such an interdiction?
3. How many more of our troops are out there?
4. Since he felt the need to broadcast this phone call, where are they? I don't mean specific locale, give me a country.

I have many, many more and since he has opened that door, I hope the press will inundate him with questions about troop deployment in support of Israel's war against the Palestinians.

Edit: This may answer some of my questions...
April 14, 2024
Release Number 20240414 - 01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TAMPA, Fla. – On April 13 and the morning of April 14, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) forces, supported by U.S. European Command destroyers, successfully engaged and destroyed more than 80 one-way attack uncrewed aerial vehicles (OWA UAV) and at least six ballistic missiles intended to strike Israel from Iran and Yemen.

This includes a ballistic missile on its launcher vehicle and seven UAVs destroyed on the ground in Iranian-backed Houthi controlled areas of Yemen prior to their launch.

Iran's continued unprecedented, malign, and reckless behavior endangers regional stability and the safety of U.S. and coalition forces.

CENTCOM remains postured to support Israel’s defense against these dangerous actions by Iran. We will continue to work with all our regional partners to increase regional security.

Last edited:
Responses have been pretty predictable across the board. Not at all surprising.
Actually, I saw one on Twitter that was pretty surprising.

Short version: Under Biden’s leadership, the woke military is so weak that soldiers in Israel were told to run and hide when the attack started. See, they were sent a message telling them to take cover in their bunkers/shelters because an air attack was inbound.

It’s not just “bibi is bad”. Reminder: Most of Israel polled has been staunchly for the removal of Palestinian people from their land forcefully and for the continued destruction of Gaza.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom