Impeachment Round Two (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yggdrasill

Reaction score
    I am in the camp that Trump must -not should- be impeached. If not this President, for this behavior, then what bar would have to be cleared to merit impeachment?

Impeachment not only sends a signal to the country and the world that fomenting a coup is unacceptable and will be punished, but it also removes much of the threat Trump could pose going forward as, I understand it, he would lose his pension, his access to daily security briefings, free medical care and other amenities and benefits afforded to former Presidents. If impeached, he would not meet the definition of a Former President under the Former Presidents Act. I don't think it is clear whether he would continue to receive Secret Service protection.

Looks like the Senate won't come back until the 19th.
    If the Senate doesn't convict while he's still in office, there's nothing stopping him from issuing a blanket pardon to everyone in the riot at the buzzer, is there?

136385544_10159631440051800_2360312249829145526_n.jpg

I have to say, the members of the House aren't very impressive. Every now and then you get a news clip of one of them doing something remarkable, but for the most part they all just spew the same old party line tripe. Contrast to the senate where they actually make good points a lot of the time.
    We need to figure out a way to encourage the best of our society to run for office, rather than a bunch of teachers' pets.

But does he have to know who it is?

I would avoid revealing anything to Trump before he's gone. I'm pretty sure he can't issue a pardon along the lines of "Everyone who was in the Capitol building on the 6th gets a pass."

I would avoid revealing anything to Trump before he's gone. I'm pretty sure he can't issue a pardon along the lines of "Everyone who was in the Capitol building on the 6th gets a pass."

It's my understanding that there's precedent for blanket pardons. It's happened before.

That's a good question, I'm not sure, but my feeling is that he would have to pardon them by name.

He can. A blanket pardon has been done before.

ETA: Carter issued a blanket pardon his first day in office to draft dodgers.

As far as whether we should have an election commission to study the 2020 election for possible fraud. I would be fine with it on one condition. If they do the commission and find that there was no widespread fraud, every Congressman, Senator or other highly elected official who called the election into doubt must immediately resign and pay a $50,000 fine.

Make them put their money where their mouth is.

As far as whether we should have an election commission to study the 2020 election for possible fraud. I would be fine with it on one condition. If they do the commission and find that there was no widespread fraud, every Congressman, Senator or other highly elected official who called the election into doubt must immediately resign and pay a $50,000 fine.

Make them put their money where their mouth is.

Let's make it happen.

Boebert was evidently let off with a warning last night even though her handgun has not been properly registered in DC. Not a surprise, from reading local CO sources, she’s been arrested before and may not be able to get a registration. From what I saw on her arrest records, she rarely bothers to show up to court either.

I also saw a picture she posted to her Instagram the 5th with a group of people at the Capitol, at least 4 of which were subsequently identified as being inside the Capitol on the 6th. Several were doing the “W” hand sign which has come to supposedly mean white power. 🤷‍♀️

She literally just got elected, didn’t she? She just got there and trying to game the DC gun regulations.
    She is truly a sad soul.

the people that voted her in are worse. They elected someone to show her arse and make a all of it a joke. I am sure she won't be there long she will get kicked out quick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom