Impeachment Round Two (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yggdrasill

Reaction score
    I am in the camp that Trump must -not should- be impeached. If not this President, for this behavior, then what bar would have to be cleared to merit impeachment?

Impeachment not only sends a signal to the country and the world that fomenting a coup is unacceptable and will be punished, but it also removes much of the threat Trump could pose going forward as, I understand it, he would lose his pension, his access to daily security briefings, free medical care and other amenities and benefits afforded to former Presidents. If impeached, he would not meet the definition of a Former President under the Former Presidents Act. I don't think it is clear whether he would continue to receive Secret Service protection.

Speaking on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" late Tuesday Hume blamed the president and his allies for feeding his supporters "balderdash" about the legitimacy of the 2020 election as well as Vice President Mike Pence's supposed ability to overturn the results.

"All of that stuff he said for weeks on end after the election...that he won it in a landslide and that was all stolen from him, and that Mike Pence had the authority, which he most certainly did not," Hume told host Tucker Carlson. "That was utter balderdash and he fed it into the veins of his supporters, and one could make a pretty good case that that’s part of what got them into a fever that led to last week’s events."

Side note, Tucker still has the most punchable face. And his pivot was terrible.. he agrees with Britt but then tried to make a weird argument about how they don't want to make the case, they just want to vote. Um... ok.

Matt Gaetz can go eat a turd. I hate that dude.
    Some of these folks are actually arguments AGAINST term limits.

Imagine having to push out anyone who takes the time to learn the job for new folks who have no idea what they're talking about and vote for stuff they have no real legal/rational basis.

I saw that GOP representatives are saying they are getting death threats and they want to impeach but won’t out of fear.

How many times do you suppose AOC or Nancy Pelosi or even Hillary Clinton has received death threats? Adam Schiff? Chuck Schumer?

If you don’t vote your conscience because of death threats, then this job isn’t for you. They should just resign and go home. Get out of the kitchen, so to speak.

Interesting food for thought. Republicans threatening retaliation for voting their conscience? You don't say!

Jordan is a terrible human being. Fork him.

Cowards all of them. Resign. Problem solved. No one could accuse them of having voted for impeachment. Just resign. Nooooo......got to hold onto that power some way. Resign and ensure the safety of your family or stay in office and look like you support a traitorous president.

The GOP's House leader comes out and admits that Trump is responsible and that his colleagues claiming it was all done by "antifa" are lying.

Good thing for McCarthy that Trump can't make mean tweets about him.

Boebert was evidently let off with a warning last night even though her handgun has not been properly registered in DC. Not a surprise, from reading local CO sources, she’s been arrested before and may not be able to get a registration. From what I saw on her arrest records, she rarely bothers to show up to court either.

I also saw a picture she posted to her Instagram the 5th with a group of people at the Capitol, at least 4 of which were subsequently identified as being inside the Capitol on the 6th. Several were doing the “W” hand sign which has come to supposedly mean white power. 🤷‍♀️

She literally just got elected, didn’t she? She just got there and trying to game the DC gun regulations.

Watching this impeachment hearing, these Republican reps are so full of BS and hypocrisy. Makes your ears bleed listening to them.

Dems are pissed and going after the blood in the water.

Cowards all of them. Resign. Problem solved. No one could accuse them of having voted for impeachment. Just resign. Nooooo......got to hold onto that power some way. Resign and ensure the safety of your family or stay in office and look like you support a traitorous president.

Well, not really, some are still voting impeachment and their conscience in spite of the threats. That can't be easy. Particularly Liz Cheney, who is the third ranking GOP member. She's already been threatened, and I hope she's able to stand her ground along with the 4+ other GOP Reps. who are voting to impeach as well.

The anger has to be directed at the ones making the threats and using leverage to intimidate.

Watching this impeachment hearing, these Republican reps are so full of BS and hypocrisy. Makes your ears bleed listening to them.

I turned it off, I know how this story ends..

A few GOP reps will side w/ the Dems this time, but it'll still be a mostly split house, where it then will go to the Senate, where they will not "convict" trump later this spring

For everyone looking for some sort of unity, look no further than how the GOP House is handling this impeachment for how this is all going to go.

Even after all the BS last week, they're just going to retreat to their corner and act as if this was on the up and up. Seriously screw these guys, I hope those complicit in coordinating w/ the agitators get locked up for the rest of their sad pathetic lives.

Well, not really, some are still voting impeachment and their conscience in spite of the threats. That can't be easy. Particularly Liz Cheney, who is the third ranking GOP member. She's already been threatened, and I hope she's able to stand her ground along with the 4+ other GOP Reps. who are voting to impeach as well.

The anger has to be directed at the ones making the threats and using leverage to intimidate.
    Let me clarify that my "Cowards, all of them" comment was referring to the Republicans afraid to vote what they know is right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom