Hunter Biden (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

I see you’re still in tinfoil mode. Weiss asked to be a special counsel. A while ago all the Rs were howling about “why wasn’t Weiss made a special counsel? It’s a coverup!” Well, now he is a special counsel and you’re still yelling about it. Nothing will please you, will it? If the Lord Almighty told you Joe Biden wasn’t part of Hunter‘s shady deals you wouldn’t believe it.
    What changed for him to supposedly ask to be a special counsel now? He's investigated Hunter for a while and according to you there's nothing there.

The plea deal fell apart, the DOJ's immunity agreement was exposed, and one of the Biden lawyers tried to impersonate the Republican lawyer to get the plea deal sealed. That's what's changed

Also we have evidence that Weiss isn't being truthful publicly. I previously posted the email where Zeigler's boss confirmed that Weiss said he didn't have the final say eventhough Garland said he did.

Weiss was made special counsel to prevent him from having to answer to Congress for what I listed above.

Yeah, I agree, that's shady, but I don't see how that's helping Trump's campaign in any way. It seems to me that he was looking out for his own financial gains, not trying to influence the election.
    Well, the premise is that the confidential polling data let the Russians know where to concentrate their efforts to sway the election so they got the maximum benefit. Yeah, he was absolutely looking out for his own financial gains and he didn’t care if he sold out the US to do it. One could reasonably assume that Trump was okay with it as well, but we don’t actually have that knowledge.

I still want to know how naming Weiss a special counsel prevents the Rs from doing anything?

I mean there could be something. I just don’t know what it is.

😆 Nothing to do with Joe huh? Why was Hunter given lucrative jobs when he had zero experience or expertise? Why don't you explain why those companies wanted Hunter if it's all too stupid to take seriously.

There’s actually some room there for us to agree. Influence peddling and favoritism have long been too much a part of politics. If evidence ever emerges of criminal wrongdoing, I hope it gets prosecuted, whoever is the target.

I do have a problem with the way Republicans are putting accusations of wrongdoing against Joe ahead of evidence to support the claims. Their case is highly suspect at this point.

Numerous pages outlining troubling connections.

You’re completely missing the point that an absence of specific indictments doesn’t mean Clinton fabricated concerns about the Trump campaign and Russia. Mueller’s findings substantiate those concerns.

And it’s far more established than whatever bs you’re choosing to believe about the Bidens. You’re not being the least bit consistent about any of this.
    Again, it was the Clinton campaign-funded Steele report that gave them the green light for the investigation. That report was completely fabricated and the FBI & Clinton campaign knew that it was because Steele told them that none of it could be verified.

Again, it was the Clinton campaign-funded Steele report that gave them the green light for the investigation. That report was completely fabricated and the FBI & Clinton campaign knew that it was because Steele told them that none of it could be verified.
    That isn’t the official word. The investigation had already been opened when the dossier came out, IIRC. And it didn’t become a special counsel until Trump fired Comey.

Lets not ignore the OBSTRUCTION that Mueller faced while conducting his investigation. Funny how that fact is so easily ignored.
    And yet the Democrats forgot to include any of those acts of obstruction in the articles of impeachment. Why would they do that?

My understanding is that Steele and a Democratic operative were duped by a Russian about some claims that were made. You can believe both of these things:

-the Steele dossier was gravely flawed / findings weren’t verified
    -Mueller outlined disturbing connections between the Trump campaign and Russia

The dossier was raw intelligence. Much has turned out correct, some have not been corroborated. I don't know why this is a Clinton thing. It was an opposition research, as many campaigns do it. Below, it's originally from Repubs on Trump.

The Washington firm Fusion GPS had been hired to produce the dossier during the Republican primary season, and it eventually assigned the task to a British former intelligence officer named Christopher Steele. That's all been known for months.

Now, we know who originally hired Fusion GPS. The chairman and the editor of the conservative website Washington Free Beacon confirm they did so for information on "multiple Republican candidates."

My understanding is that Steele and a Democratic operative were duped by a Russian about some claims that were made. You can believe both of these things:

The other thing I remember is that the FISA application in question was several hundred pages, and mentioned the dossier only in a few paragraphs. It wasn’t an important part of the FISA.

That isn’t the official word. The investigation had already been opened when the dossier came out, IIRC. And it didn’t become a special counsel until Trump fired Comey.
    It's a fact that the FISA warrants were only granted because of the info provided in the report. Without it, they would never have gotten the investigation off the ground.

Can't argue with that

It's a fact that the FISA warrants were only granted because of the info provided in the report. Without it, they would never have gotten the investigation off the ground.
    Maybe so. But do you have any recall about the actual amount of the FISA that referenced the dossier? My memory says that it was a very small part out of several hundred pages. But it’s been a while.

I can agree it shouldn’t have been included. But I don’t think it played a prominent role. IIRC

Last edited:
    You said: “Do you now feel Russiagate was polical after Durham revealed that Hillary created the Trump Russia collusion narrative?”

The Durham “investigation” was largely a scheme to clean things up for Trump but even though I know you’ll disagree with that, the Mueller investigation established problematic connections. Clinton didn’t create this, the Trump campaign’s actions created this.
    Are you aware that Brennan briefed Obama about Hillary's plan to tie Trump to the Russia election interference?

Did you know that a US Intelligence Official forwarded an investigative referral to Comey & Strzok regarding "US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's approval of a plan concerning US Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering US elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server."? That's from the Durham report that I posted earlier

We also know that Hillary was responsible for the Steele Dossier, the Alfa bank hoax and the Russian phone story. They were all exposed untrue.

Feel free to point out anything in the Durham report that's not accurate.

Well, the premise is that the confidential polling data let the Russians know where to concentrate their efforts to sway the election so they got the maximum benefit. Yeah, he was absolutely looking out for his own financial gains and he didn’t care if he sold out the US to do it. One could reasonably assume that Trump was okay with it as well, but we don’t actually have that knowledge.

The dossier was raw intelligence. Much has turned out correct, some have not been corroborated. I don't know why this is a Clinton thing. It was an opposition research, as many campaigns do it. Below, it's originally from Repubs on Trump.

The Clinton campaign hired Perkins Coie, which then hired Fusion GPS, a research and intelligence firm, to conduct opposition research on Republican candidate Donald Trump’s ties to Russia. But on FEC forms, the Clinton campaign classified the spending as legal services.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom