Hunter Biden (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

Any specific files that were determined to be of a different origin that were posited by the NY Post or others as data belonging to Hunter?
    This has all been discussed months ago. Yes, there were complete folders that had been added after the date the laptop was gone. They were helpfully labeled with names like “compromising photos” and such.

I object to spoon feeding stuff back to him that has been pointed out months ago. Especially when he refuses to provide actual sources for several of his claims and also refuses to read the damn transcript that he is claiming he knows about. Why should I or anyone else do the leg work AGAIN that we already did?

He can go pound rocks for all I care. He’s not a good faith poster and his posting style shows that daily.

I think this helps the argument, but it still doesn't quite address @SaintForLife's argument. You're saying that the NY Post never actually had access to the laptop, but an adulterated copy from the beginning, correct?

If that's the case, can you point to anything published by the NY Post from their adulterated hard drive that was later determined to be false? Any specific files that were determined to be of a different origin that were posited by the NY Post or others as data belonging to Hunter?

Yes, I agree with this assessment. @SaintForLife's argument for "almost fair" doesn't hold up.

Without going through every NYPost story, no. My contention is that starting with flawed information that comes from a variety of sources and passing it all off as "a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer" is a flawed starting point and not factual.

In addition, even if the data received by the NYPost was only from the original laptop, none of it shows evidence of anything other than Hunter trading on his family name. To date, no evidence exists that Joe had anything to do with any of these business dealings.

However, no one has reported on exactly what particular things that were reported were added.
    There were reports. I remember them. It was in the WaPo analysis. I posted them months ago.

Here. This is so stupid. When someone doesn’t post in good faith, we shouldn’t have to spend our own time debunking them. this is from the WaPo analysis.

“Soon after that period of inactivity — and months after the laptop itself had been taken into FBI custody — three new folders were created on the drive. Dated Sept. 1 and 2, 2020, they bore the names “Desktop Documents,” “Biden Burisma” and “Hunter. Burisma Documents.”

Williams also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, “Mail,” “Salacious Pics Package” and “Big Guy File” — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”

Here. This is so stupid. When someone doesn’t post in good faith, we shouldn’t have to spend our own time debunking them. this is from the WaPo analysis.

“Soon after that period of inactivity — and months after the laptop itself had been taken into FBI custody — three new folders were created on the drive. Dated Sept. 1 and 2, 2020, they bore the names “Desktop Documents,” “Biden Burisma” and “Hunter. Burisma Documents.”

Williams also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, “Mail,” “Salacious Pics Package” and “Big Guy File” — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”
    Sorry to be that guy, but I want to make sure @SaintForLife is thoroughly debunked here.

Do we have any evidence that the NY Post actually used any of the information located in those added folders in any particular stories they published?

Sorry to be that guy, but I want to make sure @SaintForLife is thoroughly debunked here.

Do we have any evidence that the NY Post actually used any of the information located in those added folders in any particular stories they published?
    I’m not going to dig through every NY Post story. If you want to, have at it. As already explained the premise of the story is false, and they should have known it if they had just looked at the folders and the dates created. No legitimate news organization would have run that story when provided with that external drive, not without saying it was unverified and it’s contents had been accessed multiple times for over a year by persons unknown.

The NY Post has failed multiple fact checks and shouldn’t even be regarded as a legitimate source. They are only one tiny step above the National Enquirer. I’m not even sure they have any advantage on them TBH.

I googled NY Post stories about the laptop and there’s no way I’m going through all those. There are dozens of them. The NY Post is garbage.

Here is a partial list of recent failed fact checks. The Kamala Harris story caused a writer to resign because she told her editor the story was false and he told her to write it anyway. That’s the kind of journalistic integrity the NYP has.

IMG_1297.jpeg

I’m not going to dig through every NY Post story. If you want to, have at it. As already explained the premise of the story is false, and they should have known it if they had just looked at the folders and the dates created. No legitimate news organization would have run that story when provided with that external drive, not without saying it was unverified and it’s contents had been accessed multiple times for over a year by persons unknown.

The NY Post has failed multiple fact checks and shouldn’t even be regarded as a legitimate source. They are only one tiny step above the National Enquirer. I’m not even sure they have any advantage on them TBH.
    Translation: I don't know of anything that the NYPost published about the laptop that wasn't true, but I will continue to insinuate that they did post things that weren't true.

Translation: I don't know of anything that the NYPost published about the laptop that wasn't true, but I will continue to insinuate that they did post things that weren't true.
    When a media outlet is as bad as the NYP, they don’t get the benefit of the doubt. When somebody lies repeatedly, they lose credibility. It’s a good system.

I assume anything the NY Post publishes is false until proven true.

They were not honest about the collection of files they called the laptop when they said it was directly from the laptop and didn’t disclose that it had been accessed by unknown people for over a year before they published it. They couldn’t verify some of the emails they published, but they didn’t disclose that, instead they insisted they were genuine, when they didn’t know.

I mean, WaPo's analysis showed stories based on unverified emails, and the entire batch of files was tainted to begin with. Kinda like the raw intelligence of a dossier. I like to think that you wouldn't trust sources like that, right?

I googled NY Post stories about the laptop and there’s no way I’m going through all those. There are dozens of them. The NY Post is garbage.

Here is a partial list of recent failed fact checks. The Kamala Harris story caused a writer to resign because she told her editor the story was false and he told her to write it anyway. That’s the kind of journalistic integrity the NYP has.

IMG_1297.jpeg
    And yet you tried to discredit this article that showed your precious corporate media engaging in the same or worse things that you say about independent media voices or the NY Post.

And yet you tried to discredit this article that showed your precious corporate media engaging in the same or worse things that you say about independent media voices or the NY Post.

What you say about the Mueller Report is partisan spin.

What you say about the Mueller Report is partisan spin.
    The article is partisan spin? It talks about how the media dishonesty covered Trump. Remember when you tried to discredit it because it showed your precious corporate media wasn't any better than the people you complain about.

The article is partisan spin? It talks about how the media dishonesty covered Trump. Remember when you tried to discredit it because it showed your precious corporate media wasn't any better than the people you complain about.
    I said that when you talk about the Mueller Report it’s partisan spin.

I would contend that not disclosing there was material on there added after the “laptop” was in FBI custody is already a lie of omission. They didn’t publish until October, and refused to allow anyone, either other media orgs or independent experts to examine the drive. At least until much later, after the election.

I am of the opinion that there is material added by either Rudy, Stone or Bannon or their stooges, that was obtained illegally. Either surreptitiously during encounters with prostitutes in Ukraine, or through hacking. Rudy was over in Ukraine meeting with known Kremlin operatives trying to get anything to damage Joe.

We know lots of stuff wasn’t true. Starting with them misrepresenting the source of the contents.

Hunter Biden is negotiating to be deposed by Republicans. I’m guessing he will insist on the transcript being public. Comer will have to issue a new subpoena as well.

This is why Hunter didn’t want to testify behind closed doors. Comer consistently lies about the testimony when that happens. He’s only released two transcripts so far, he’s dragging his feet about releasing them so he can lie longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom