Hunter Biden (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

What happened to Steve Bannon when he defied a subpoena?
    Something different from what happened to Jordan. Why does a Congressman get a pass?

And fwiw, it's not like Hunter doesn't want to cooperate. He's cooperated in other investigations. He's stated he's willing to appear as long as it's a public hearing. I don't blame him. I'd demand the same thing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

SFL: so you refuse to answer my simple question, or even acknowledge that this guy knew the error had already been corrected before he tweeted? It’s far easier to link to the actual article than to link to an archive of a web page.

As is typical of you. You have already moved on to the next false equivalency.

SFL: so you refuse to answer my simple question, or even acknowledge that this guy knew the error had already been corrected before he tweeted? It’s far easier to link to the actual article than to link to an archive of a web page.

As is typical of you. You have already moved on to the next false equivalency.
    You want me to help you defend a reporter that got caught leaving out the word financially and when he was exposed he corrected it?

Something different from what happened to Jordan. Why does a Congressman get a pass?

And fwiw, it's not like Hunter doesn't want to cooperate. He's cooperated in other investigations. He's stated he's willing to appear as long as it's a public hearing. I don't blame him. I'd demand the same thing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Why does Hunter get special rules for himself? For the Trump impeachment and January 6th committee the democrats held closed door depositions followed by public hearings. Why do you think Hunter should get treated differently?

Why does Hunter get special rules for himself? For the Trump impeachment and January 6th committee the democrats held closed door depositions followed by public hearings. Why do you think Hunter should get treated differently?
    What does the Republican investigation have to hide is what I want to know. :shrug:

He shouldn’t. You are 100% correct. When Hunter testifies to the Jan6 Comittee, he should do so in a private deposition.

Odd that you have such a huge problem with Hunter being treated differently here, but brush off the very person who ignored a congressional subpoena threatening to hold him in contempt for ignoring a congressional subpoena.

Do you have a problem with people being treated differently or not?

You want me to help you defend a reporter that got caught leaving out the word financially and when he was exposed he corrected it?
    No, I want you to explain how leaving out the word financially materially changes the meaning of the statement.

Also, it had already been corrected by the time old Hans posted his lying tweet. Did you even click on his link before you ran over here to post it? Hell, you don’t even have to click on the link to see that it is a link to an archived page, yet he never mentioned that in his tweet, nor did he mention it had been corrected already.

Hunter isn't being asked to give a deposition before a public hearing. He's being asked to testify in a closed hearing. Do you see the difference?

I would like to see this hearing. There isn't some national security interest at threat here. Republicans have been going on about Hunter Biden for years now, well here he is, let us all see the testimony.

I would like to see this hearing. There isn't some national security interest at threat here. Republicans have been going on about Hunter Biden for years now, well here he is, let us all see the testimony.
    Yep, there's literally zero reason for him giving his testimony in private unless the Republicans would rather not get embarrassed in front of the world.

A few hours after President Biden’s son Hunter spoke to the media outside the Capitol — while legislators waited for him to appear inside the building for a deposition — Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) offered a warning.

“We expect him to come in for his interview, for his deposition,” Jordan said. “And, frankly, we’ll also, I think, look at contempt proceedings as we move forward.”

That is: Members of the Republican majority would seek to hold Hunter Biden in contempt of Congress for not responding to a subpoena. This was the punishment faced by former Donald Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon, who was ultimately sentenced to four months in prison for his failure to honor a subpoena issued by the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot.

It is not the punishment faced by another person who declined to respect a subpoena from that committee: Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).

In the 24 hours after Hunter Biden’s failure to appear for his deposition, this contrast has come up repeatedly. Former Illinois congressman Adam Kinzinger (R), for example, a member of the select committee, described Jordan as an “absolute hypocrite” for his apparent shift.

Much of the response and much of the comparison between the two situations is rooted in nothing more than partisan point-scoring. Republicans point to Democrats’ past anger at Bannon, Jordan and others ignoring subpoenas; Democrats point at the same incidents to highlight Republican indifference. It’s a typical D.C. tactic, to highlight your opposition’s apparent ideological shift. It rarely makes much political difference.

For the public, though, it’s worth evaluating and contrasting the Jordan and Hunter Biden situations. There are differences between the two and there are similarities — both of which are useful for understanding what’s at play.............

The Jordan and Hunter Biden subpoenas do not overlap perfectly, certainly. There are similarities: questioning the objectivity of the probes, noting purported efforts to misrepresent information, questions about the congressional role the subpoenas served.

There are also at least two important distinctions. The first is that Jordan can argue (where Hunter Biden can’t) that his position as a member of the House offered him protection against a subpoena from his colleagues. (Legal experts did not uniformly agree with this argument.) The second is that Hunter Biden, unlike Jordan, expressed a willingness to offer testimony, just not in the way that House Republicans decided they would want.

Whether either side of the fight is demonstrably hypocritical can be left as an exercise to the reader. Before doing so, there’s one other point worth elevating.

In response to Hunter Biden’s skipping their deposition, Comer and Jordan issued a statement. It read, in part: “President Biden and his family must be held accountable for their corruption and obstruction.”

This does not sound like a probe that is unclear on what it hopes to achieve.............

No, I want you to explain how leaving out the word financially materially changes the meaning of the statement.

Also, it had already been corrected by the time old Hans posted his lying tweet. Did you even click on his link before you ran over here to post it? Hell, you don’t even have to click on the link to see that it is a link to an archived page, yet he never mentioned that in his tweet, nor did he mention it had been corrected already.
    Hans posted his "lying tweet", but you admitted the reporter corrected it so it was a correct tweet.

He posted the archived article to show how he left out the word financially. Why would he link to the corrected article if he was trying to show what was left out of the article initially?

Leaving out the world financially makes it seem like the same thing that Hunter and Joe had said in the past. Hunter using the qualifies financially is part of the ever changing excuses.

So Hunter admitted that Joe was involved in his business despite previous claims otherwise. Next it will be that his father was involved financially with his businesses, but he donated his part to charity.

What does the Republican investigation have to hide is what I want to know. :shrug:
    Hunter will get a public hearing after his deposition which has been the case in their investigation as well as the January 6th committee and Trump impeachment.

I don't see why Hunter deserves anymore special treatment than he has already received with the Biden DOJ running cover for him and Joe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom