/* */

Harris VP watch (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

About the truly disgusting smears on Walz’ military service:

What would an attractive option look like to you and what issues are important to you?
    I would have voted for Mayor Pete, Booker, Whitmer, or Nikkie Haley. The Harris/Walz ticket just isn’t appealing to me.

Vance has terrible instincts - just awful.

He’s going to continue to step on rakes because he’s not capable of spotting them.
    Did you see where a reporter asked him what gives him joy, what makes him smile? And he answered that he always smiles at fake questions from the media. Just totally tone deaf, just … weird.

To answer Walz’ question what did Trump mean by the tweet, just red meat for the base.

That’s it

And if some if his base gets too riled up because of it and something bad happens….. oh well
    ==============================

New details have come to light about a 2020 phone call between Tim Waltz and Donald Trump when armed Proud Boys showed up outside the Democratic vice presidential candidate’s home in what appeared to be a response to a tweet from the then-president.

When the Covid-19 pandemic ravaged the US, Minnesota Governor Walz – like other state governors – implemented restrictions to try to combat the spread of the virus.

The restrictions prompted some protesters to come out in force and, on April 17 2020, Trump appeared to encourage them – with a cryptic post on Twitter, now X, specifically targeting Minnesota.

“LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” he posted.

Following Trump’s tweet, members of the far-right group the Proud Boys – who months later were instrumental in the January 6 riot on the US Capitol – descended on Walz’s home armed with guns.

Walz was left stumped about the meaning behind Trump’s tweet and contacted him to find out, according to a 2021 interview Walz gave to Politico columnists Alexander Burns and Jonathan Marti for their bookThis Will Not Pass.

The interview was published for the first time on Wednesday, hours after Walz was unveiled as Kamala Harris’s vice presidential pick to take on Trump and his running mate JD Vance in November.

Walz was desperate to quell the unrest in his state and keep his family – and dog – safe, and wanted to understand what Trump meant by his tweet.

The Minnesota governor said that he called Trump for clarification.

“What does ‘Liberate Minnesota’ mean? What do you want me to do differently? What do you think that I’m doing or not doing?” Walz said he asked the president over the phone.

“I never got a response,” he admitted.

Walz said he told Trump that his language was unhelpful and would result in events that would leave his children “scared”.…….

im sure there is either a Daffy Duck or Wile E Coyote meme somewhere. LOL

Simpsons, actually. Cape Fear parody:

sideshow-bob-rakes.gif

If the Tampon thing was such a big deal, why did Republicans vote for it?
    if the worse thing yall can throw at him is the Tampon thing, i think he's in much better position thana guy who has umpteen videos of him calling himself a NEVER TRUMP guy and saying some pretty awful things about him..
    It's not a big deal. Just weird.

LOL HIS Covid record? against Trumps COVID record ?

Inject bleach/light up the bum to kill it?
    It will be gone in the spring like the flu?

HA you are truly panicked and this is going to be a wild 2.5 months. I suspect your guardrails will come off here soon and then we will witness some REAL insanity.
    How many seniors did Trump send back to the nursing homes with Covid to die like Walz and Cuomo did?

If he had said that before the riots and at the end of his early J6 speech instead of, "fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore", you might have a point. But this was hours later at 4:17. The riots had been going on for hours when he finally asked for peace. He even spurred them on with tweets blaming Pence in the middle of the riots. It's ridiculous and disingenuous to claim this well-after-the-fact video was Trump asking for peaceful protest.
    Fight like hell? Wow. Nobody else in politics has said that before. I can understand why that concerns you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom